Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:19 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,685,656 times

Advertisements

Hamid Karzai, spent ten years making the Huston-Dallas Oil Circuit with Cheyney, selling his "Central Asia Pipeline". 9/11 afforded the perfect opportunity to put him in power. To do that we bought him the Army of the most dangerous Heroin Cartel in the World. In one sitting they murdered 1,200 Taliban Prisoners, by suffocating them. These guys are not even Pushtun, they are Tadjiks and don't even speak the language. Next thing we know, the pipeline is a pipe dream and Karzai's brother is the biggest Drug Lord around. The battles being waged are for control of the poppy fields and our troops are getting killed to supply the world with Heroin.

About the only way out for us would be the way of the Diem Regime in Vietnam, where we sponsored a coup to get rid of him. The only problem then might be the Northern Alliance bailing out and heading for Tadjikistan, like they did when the Taliban beat them before. Just one more of Cheyneys plans gone to crap

Last edited by Boompa; 04-06-2010 at 08:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 08:22 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Karzai is begging for some sort of attention. Don't worry. Barry will placate him. He's got an election to help win for Democrats in 2010. Now's not the time to start looking soft on national security, and he knows it.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:44 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,511,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I still am in shock that Karzai could actually say "I am going to join the Taliban". This, to me, would be like Churchill saying "I have decided to join the Nazi cause" while our troops are over there - some of them even dying over there- to save his government.
To be honest, I have not been this peeved in a long time. You expect stupid people to say stupid things- not leaders of nations. Especially ones that we are paying in money and lives to protect.
The way I see it, we have only 2 choices right now. The first would be to assassinate Karzai and be rid of him. And hope that whoever comes after him will be better.
The other choice would be to simply pack up and leave. The only problem with that is that the slime will seep out of the ground in the form of Ben Laden and that bunch after the Taliban take power again. That will cause us all kinds of problems not only with terrorism but the further destabilization of Pakistan.
We can wish all we want that Karzai will be "our man" but it is obvious to me that he is not. And we should not continue to die for him.
Hmm...does anyone remember Ngo Dinh Diem? And how that whole deal worked out in the end for us.

Someone remind me the official reason we are still over in that god-forsaken country?

Old 04-06-2010, 09:15 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,488 times
Get OUT.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:20 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,217,876 times
If true...Can you say bye bye Karzai?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies