Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2010, 07:25 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Obama is not the first Black president, or even the first Black in the White House.

He is bi-racial.
agreed!

Old 11-14-2010, 02:34 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Home value down 44% - CHECK
Home loan restructuring failure - CHECK
Fuel prices climbing - CHECK
No drilling in our waters (except by foreign governments) - CHECK
Oil Spill scandal right there in the White House - CHECK
Hyper-inflation - CHECK
Value of the dollar plummeting - CHECK
Ever increasing Gov control of business - CHECK
Gov employees pay on the rise - CHECK
Voter fraud and intimidation rampant AND unchecked by the DOJ - CHECK
Stimulus FRAUD AND WASTE rampant AND unchecked - CHECK
Printing presses running 24/7 - CHECK
Tax increases - still up in the air

What more can we stand? Can O refutiade these or are you just gonna blame Bush again?

If good ole boy Bush/Cheney did not start the snowball rolling in the first place we would not be having these probelms now. It is going to take some time to correct the mess that they started. At least he is trying to fix the probelm and not pass it on to the next president. To be honest with you would you have felt better if the Old Dude and the Dingbat were in charge?

Old 11-14-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
agreed!
Uh, he is considered to be a person of color who just happens to be president. Why do some people insist that he is not what he is? According to your (white america) own rules, "if a person has a least a 1/16th of black blood they are considered to be black". Why is it because he is the president and has Some white blood in him he is discounted as being black?

Old 11-14-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillage Your Village View Post
Ummmm...the we are actually in the midst of deflation. Inflation is healthy for a growing economy. It averages 3-4% per year. The Feds stimulus was meant to cause a bit of systemic inflation. Remember that Germany and France just bailed out the Greeks which accounted for latest spike in the Euro (stabilization efforts). Jobs are also considered a lagging indicator. During the depression jobs did not return to normal levels until full military mobilization. As much as some would like to blame the current administration for our current predicament, it really comes down to something totally out of their control. If someone is upset that they don't have a job hanging drywall somewhere, that may be an issue stemming from their life choices rather than than a direct result of the Obama administration doing/not doing something.
YOU HAVE ALOT OF NERVES! How dare you make sense! Have'nt you had your share of faux news? Everything is Obama's fault! How dare you point out to people that they should take responsibilities for their own life choices!

People fell to reconize the fact that eventhough they are not working and may not have the things that they desire, there are many who have and are doing quite well doing these times. How? b/c they made good life choices and planned ahead and did not rely on some lawyers in Washington to dictate their future through legistration. There are people that think social security is a retirment plan!

Old 11-14-2010, 02:57 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Uh, he is considered to be a person of color who just happens to be president. Why do some people insist that he is not what he is? According to your (white america) own rules, "if a person has a least a 1/16th of black blood they are considered to be black". Why is it because he is the president and has Some white blood in him he is discounted as being black?
"Some"?

Its 50% bud.

He was raised by White folk too.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
"Some"?

Its 50% bud.

He was raised by White folk too.
Not debating nor denying that fact, but just trying to make a point that he is considered to be black.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:13 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
YOU HAVE ALOT OF NERVES! How dare you make sense! Have'nt you had your share of faux news? Everything is Obama's fault! How dare you point out to people that they should take responsibilities for their own life choices!

People fell to reconize the fact that eventhough they are not working and may not have the things that they desire, there are many who have and are doing quite well doing these times. How? b/c they made good life choices and planned ahead and did not rely on some lawyers in Washington to dictate their future through legistration. There are people that think social security is a retirment plan!
I am real close to agreement with you, but I have some issues. One is this week silver went up 9 bucks in a jump, which really means the dollar became a lot closer to worthless, in fact maybe totally worthless and or a negitive debt note.

This isn't stopping and the fed plan to print another 6 billion more, which will probably be the death note of the note litterally, and to hold one in your hand may incurred debt for just having it.

I chose Bush who was handed Bill Clintons problem hands down, and the demo congress never helped him a bit, besides he didn't help himself, and or us.

However if I could have him back as the only choice, still he is the lesser of 2 evils. Obama has no idea what he is doing. He doesn't act American for sure. He might be 1/2 American, even perhaps born in the states somewhere, which I personally doubt, but he has no clue what so ever of what it means to be American.

Sure this isn't all his fault but the problem is bigger than he is and his parties and games are not helping anyone either.

Pretty soon a roll of TP will be worth more than dollars. At least it will be cheaper to trade in TP.

The best thing now is that obama will be a one term lame duck and someone who knows something can take over in 12. After that if obama stays in a politcal world, I hope it is in another country.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:20 PM

2,205 posts, read 3,333,156 times
I am not embarrassed by Obama's un-Presidential behavior. I am embarrassed by people who have nothing else to do but talking and writing any bull**** about our president.

I do not care if he is black or white or be-racial. I do not care what he does on his vacation or what bike he likes to ride. People who talk about such things might have no other arguments, they should better come along that Obama is the president of the United States and he does not agree to most of those right wing trash. Maybe he is a modern president, he has no rusty pickup, he is intelligent and he loves his familiy. So just let him do his job.

I am just interested in what he does for our country - he had some very good ideas and the change he proclaimed IS necessary. Sometimes it is like fighting windmills...

Old 11-14-2010, 04:28 PM

14 posts, read 23,455 times
Obama got elected due to a few things many overlook. For one, mainstream media was nothing but cheerleaders, they never vetted him properly, and anyone who questioned it was ignored. So much time was spent on McCain's eligibility, yet no effort to determine Obama's was considered. The guy never ran a lemonade stand yet was voted in to run a country. He isn't qualified to be in charge of his own Cheerios. Anyone questioning him is labeled as racist, yet reverse racism is exactly what propelled him into office. Now we have a guy more interested in American's embracing Muslim's than being President of the United States of America. We The People do not need this false POTUS representing us or our nation and it showed in the mid-term elections. At least people are now paying attention and realizing who is really in charge!

Old 11-14-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I am real close to agreement with you, but I have some issues. One is this week silver went up 9 bucks in a jump, which really means the dollar became a lot closer to worthless, in fact maybe totally worthless and or a negitive debt note.

This isn't stopping and the fed plan to print another 6 billion more, which will probably be the death note of the note litterally, and to hold one in your hand may incurred debt for just having it.

I chose Bush who was handed Bill Clintons problem hands down, and the demo congress never helped him a bit, besides he didn't help himself, and or us.

However if I could have him back as the only choice, still he is the lesser of 2 evils. Obama has no idea what he is doing. He doesn't act American for sure. He might be 1/2 American, even perhaps born in the states somewhere, which I personally doubt, but he has no clue what so ever of what it means to be American.

Sure this isn't all his fault but the problem is bigger than he is and his parties and games are not helping anyone either.

Pretty soon a roll of TP will be worth more than dollars. At least it will be cheaper to trade in TP.

The best thing now is that obama will be a one term lame duck and someone who knows something can take over in 12. After that if obama stays in a politcal world, I hope it is in another country.

I think that some of the probelms that are happening is b/c he went into the political world a little naive and figured that everyonr there wanted the best for the country. The biggest probelm that he has is his inability to explain to the public what he is trying to do and what obstacles are in his way. There is a considerable amount of racism, obstructism and stupidity on the part of the american people as well as congress and the senate. The other thing that I would like to point out is that some of us as americans tend to look at the president as the person that can make our lives better, this is not true. The president makes suggestions on what can be done, the congress/senate add/subtract from that depending on their own best interest. Overall the president gets blame or credit on whatever the congressional clowns and the stupid senate do.

Yes, these are hard times but I REFUSE to let a bunch of lawyers dictate to me how I'm going to live my life finanically! We as americans need to learn how to budget and make investments on our own and not depend on anyone else for our own happiness. When there is a recession or inflation SOMEBODY is still making money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies