Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2007, 03:23 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,374,223 times

Advertisements

My colleagues and I discussed this today.

Why are we fighting in Iraq?

- To restore democracy?
- Freedom?
- For Oil?
- Terrorists/terrorism?

What happens when we leave and the "bad guys" take over?

We went in because of Weapons of Mass Destruction and then . . .

What are you throughts on this? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 06:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
We are fighting Iraq because:

George W. Bush wanted to take revenge for Saddam Hussein’s threat against Bush’s father.

Hussein sold the oil rights to the French Oil Company cutting both Exxon/Mobil and BP out of the deal

Hussein threatened to sell oil only in Euros (this may be part of the French deal) which would devastate the current marketing situation that favors American oil companies.

Saddam was a threat to the Royal Family of Saudi Arabia because Hussein had already attacked and destroyed the King of Iraq and had attacked Kuwait’s Emirs.

The Bush family owes a huge favor to the Royal Family of Saudi Arabia for buying George out several failed businesses.

Weapons of Mass Destruction, Democracy for the Iraqi people and the rest are just lies concocted to convince enough of America to go along with the farce.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:56 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Hussein sold the oil rights to the French Oil Company cutting both Exxon/Mobil and BP out of the deal
Once again, I like how you paint this as something the U.S was wrong about and have zero condemnation for France, Germany and Russia who had oil deal with Iraq in place despite SANCTIONS that we supposed to deny such deals......

Yeah, DAMN the U.S. !!!!

Old 06-08-2007, 07:00 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,982,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
We are fighting Iraq because:

George W. Bush wanted to take revenge for Saddam Hussein’s threat against Bush’s father.

Hussein threatened to sell oil only in Euros (this may be part of the French deal) which would devastate the current marketing situation that favors American oil companies.

Saddam was a threat to the Royal Family of Saudi Arabia because Hussein had already attacked and destroyed the King of Iraq and had attacked Kuwait’s Emirs.

The Bush family owes a huge favor to the Royal Family of Saudi Arabia for buying George out several failed businesses.

Weapons of Mass Destruction, Democracy for the Iraqi people and the rest are just lies concocted to convince enough of America to go along with the farce.
I wish the Bot would let me give you a point for this.
A perfect Clift Notes summation of this debacle.
The only thing I may have added was something about Halliburton.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:14 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
My attempt was a summary.

Read "Dynasty" by Kevin Phillips for far more detail on the relationship between the Bush-Walker family and the Saudi royals. I also suggest the Empire trilogy by Chalmers Johnson for a concise (800+ pages) history of America’s imperial dealings.

BTW – I am not blaming THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!! I am blaming the current regime that has captured our government and is using it for their personal benefit.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:14 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
So I'll mention it again that I'm sitting here seeing "Oil deals with Europe" etc. being brought up as a reason for us going to war.

You all give us ZERO credit for honoring the sanctions against Iraq and play it off like Iraq just wouldn't give us any oil. Meanwhile, again, there is zero condemnation of these European Nations, OR the United Nations (Captain Kofi) for cutting side deals with Iraq during UN imposed sanctions on Iraq with regards to the sale of oil.....

In the face of these FACTS you still attempt to make us look like the bad guys. Did it ever even occur to you that had the Euros and United Nations actually HONORED these sanctions that this war may not have occurred???

Old 06-08-2007, 07:18 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,982,336 times
http://planetsnook.com/images/bushkissesabdullah.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-08-2007, 07:19 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Sanctions imposed by a body unwilling/unable to enforce those sanctions are a meaningless joke as is the body that imposed them. That land along the East River would make a lovely park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies