Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:11 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,286,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are you saying that you don't know when Nasty Nancy took over the Speaker's job? I think you surely are and don't even know the answer.
...now let's see,...who controlled both houses of congress during the last years of Bush's administration. Don't tell me,....it's right on the tip of my tongue,......!!!

Democrats?

Could that possibly be right? Lucario suffered all that mental anguish for naught. The democrats had his back all the time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 09:21 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,286,626 times
Quote:
Hell, ray, I am in that crowd and I think for myself. The fact that they say what I agree with doesn't mean that I just think what they tell me. You know better than to say that progressive Pelosi at any time.
Roy,....please don't interrupt their mutual back patting party.

This is typical of those who get their instructions from Obama's Organizing for America website. Just parrots.....

Old 04-07-2010, 09:30 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
I keep hearing,...."The First Black President" like it is some kind of vaccination against criticism.

Guess I missed that memo....
And it is people like yourselve that b/moans about black history and such! Obama being the first person of color in a country that enslaved black people as a whole and changed the dynamics of this country who somehow worked his azz off to the presidency to make history! This is a non issue to people like yourself who tend to make light of any accomplishments that a non white person does and when it is brought to your attention you cry out "Its a race thing!" I bet it would have been a big deal if the shoe was on the other foot.

If he was some major drug dealer and was finally caught I guess that is something that would be more acceptable in your eyes. Can he be criticized? He sure can, but look at the assinine type criticism that is posted.

Far as I'm concerned it does not make a difference that he is black b/c I see successful ones everyday but to be the most powerful man in a racist society that is another matter.

The op is at most childish, and if it was not for your reaction I would have proably ignored it. Obama lives in a fantasy world where he thought that the politicans actually cared about the american people...which they don't. The refuticans are only concerned about tearing him down for their own sinful purposes and the dumbocrats are worried about if they will still have jobs after he is done.

My question is if that david dude or whatever the hell his name is thinks this way about Obama being a teenager what did he think of the previous brain farter and his cohorts? Obvious that man was incrediblely stupid so where does that put him?

Old 04-07-2010, 09:33 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
...now let's see,...who controlled both houses of congress during the last years of Bush's administration. Don't tell me,....it's right on the tip of my tongue,......!!!

Democrats?

Could that possibly be right? Lucario suffered all that mental anguish for naught. The democrats had his back all the time...
I guess that it is hard to do the right thing when you have been castrated with the fear generated by the previous administration claims of being unpatriotic if you did not agree with them.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:46 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
And it is people like yourselve that b/moans about black history and such! Obama being the first person of color in a country that enslaved black people as a whole and changed the dynamics of this country who somehow worked his azz off to the presidency to make history! This is a non issue to people like yourself who tend to make light of any accomplishments that a non white person does and when it is brought to your attention you cry out "Its a race thing!" I bet it would have been a big deal if the shoe was on the other foot.

If he was some major drug dealer and was finally caught I guess that is something that would be more acceptable in your eyes. Can he be criticized? He sure can, but look at the assinine type criticism that is posted.

Far as I'm concerned it does not make a difference that he is black b/c I see successful ones everyday but to be the most powerful man in a racist society that is another matter.

The op is at most childish, and if it was not for your reaction I would have proably ignored it. Obama lives in a fantasy world where he thought that the politicans actually cared about the american people...which they don't. The refuticans are only concerned about tearing him down for their own sinful purposes and the dumbocrats are worried about if they will still have jobs after he is done.

My question is if that david dude or whatever the hell his name is thinks this way about Obama being a teenager what did he think of the previous brain farter and his cohorts? Obvious that man was incrediblely stupid so where does that put him?
Here we go again with the Pelosi about Bush when the topic of the thread is Obama. Why can't you people realize that Obama did, in fact, win that election and Bush has been a private citizen for over a year. Just because Obama blames Bush for everything he does wrong doesn't make it necessary for you to jump in with the same Pelosi.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:47 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Hell, ray, I am in that crowd and I think for myself. The fact that they say what I agree with doesn't mean that I just think what they tell me. You know better than to say that progressive Pelosi at any time.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I guess that it is hard to do the right thing when you have been castrated with the fear generated by the previous administration claims of being unpatriotic if you did not agree with them.
That would be something like being called a racist because you don't like Obama and didn't vote for him. It doesn't bother me at all for you folks to say that about me.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Did you catch Beck today? It seems that three of the President's closest advisors are working very hard to talk all Beck's sponsors into stopping support of him. They even claim to have caused like 136,000 sponsors to have stopped with Beck. Sponsors like the ones he has now won't soon be withdrawing since they like to have numbers of viewers.

The best part of this is the three advisors that are doing the work to stop sponsors for Beck. Their names are Van Jones, jim Wallis, and Andy Stern. I just can't believe that they thought they could get by with this crap without having Beck tell the world about them.

This highly intelligent president we have will always say he knew nothing about this, but only fools will believe he knew nothing.
How about finding a credible source to support the above bolded statement - and the ridiculous number of sponsors.

Quote:
More than 200 companies have joined a boycott of Beck's program, making it difficult for Fox to sell ads. The time has instead been sold to smaller firms offering such products as Kaopectate, Carbonite, 1-800-PetMeds and Goldline International. A handful of advertisers, such as Apple, have abandoned Fox altogether. Network executives say they believe they could charge higher rates if the host were more widely acceptable to advertisers.Howard Kurtz - The Beck Factor at Fox: Staffers say comments taint their work - washingtonpost.com

Old 04-07-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Roy,....please don't interrupt their mutual back patting party.

This is typical of those who get their instructions from Obama's Organizing for America website. Just parrots.....
Never heard of the website - and I'm not a strong supporter of Obama.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:48 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Did you catch Beck today? It seems that three of the President's closest advisors are working very hard to talk all Beck's sponsors into stopping support of him. They even claim to have caused like 136,000 sponsors to have stopped with Beck. Sponsors like the ones he has now won't soon be withdrawing since they like to have numbers of viewers.

The best part of this is the three advisors that are doing the work to stop sponsors for Beck. Their names are Van Jones, jim Wallis, and Andy Stern. I just can't believe that they thought they could get by with this crap without having Beck tell the world about them.

This highly intelligent president we have will always say he knew nothing about this, but only fools will believe he knew nothing.
Glad you brought that up, Roy. Andy Stern is one of the most frequent, if not THE most frequent visitor to the White House. There's something up their sleeves or they'd have nothing to talk about that often. To think that Obama doesn't know what these three (and probably more behind the scenes) are up to would be naive. Politicians are known for their use of coersion, bribes, financial and political pressures to remove what they perceive as threats or obstacles to their goals. Hillary's stacks of FBI files in her office come to mind, but of course Democrats conveniently forget about that.

Clearly, the Administration knows that Conservative radio and TV programs are presenting obstacles to the progressive agenda. That is the reason for mounting an orchestrated effort to remove the biggest current threat, Beck, who is boldly speaking the truth, and as we all know truth can destroy a president's political career, and tarnish the legacy he would like to leave behind if only it weren't for people on the right who keep trying to expose the truth. That's the reason for efforts such as the fairness doctrine, now called by some other name but still the same game.

These people are ruthless and evil, set on a course of furthering self-interest with the firm belief that "the end justifies the means" and anything or anyone who stands in the way is to be removed. So much for the oath to uphold the Constitution and everyone's right to free speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies