Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 11:50 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
I linked this piece in another thread,...but thought it worthy of its own thread. Dave Shellenberger writes a few lines that make a lot of sense...

Our President is:
Narcissistic

Lives in a Fantasy World

Sneaks Cigarettes

Rebellious

Impulsive

A Poor Judge of Friends

A Vandal

Always Right

Thin-skinned

Prone to Ignore "Boring" subjects

Guilty of "Ants in His Pants"

Bossy "Know-It-All"

Ignoring "Stupid Old Protocol"

An Annoying Whiner

All these qualities are present in teenagers everywhere,....but IN THE WHITE HOUSE???

America's First Teenage President

Like to add this to the list.. Demonic Possessed

Obama is proof that demonic possession can be partial and still permit the person possessed to live a moderately functional life.

Last edited by DraggingCanoe; 04-07-2010 at 11:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 12:06 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
First of all, Obama is biracial,...not just "black". He's no different than Jackson, Lincoln, or Jefferson in that aspect. Each shared other racial blood, just like Obama. That fact didn't make former Presidents better or worse in their decisions, nor did those facts bring out the supporters to throw accusations of racism at their detractors.

It seems that EVERY TIME Obama is criticized someone finds it necessary to bring race into the issue, rather than defend Obama's actions. Apparently indefensible issues trigger the "race card" answers.

Is Obama's pronouncement of being "black" important?

Not nearly as important as how his actions are affecting this country.....
He identified himself on his census form as "black."

No one is trying to change the subject from the teenage list. It's just that among things to list about him, being the FBP is important. It's not a facetious thing to add, so I realize it doesnt belong on the list.

Anyway carry on.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:22 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,217,959 times
Quote:
Thinkers remain neutral/independent,...not party affiliated.

Have you ever thought about becoming a democrat? They see themselves as "tolerant, brilliant, educated",.....and "know everything". If you don't believe that, just watch what is happening,...and then watch the ballot boxes at midterm. That will provide some insight into this administration's leadership.
Gonna play the midterm card,huh?

REKLANS are gonna try and Buy the midterm elections with Ads paid for with all that money the republican thinkers on the U.S. Supreme Court, in their infinite wisdom just decided to allow Corporations to spend.

They will probably use it for more mis-truths, distortions of facts, (ACORN) and outright lies. Truth will play no role. Probably will also allow a few more Banking, Finance, and Insurance company dollars to work their way into the back pockets of their favorite Pols on the hill.

Fox News will profit of course.

Reklans do learn and remember some simple things, like how to use the U.S. Supreme Court to Place or Buy a President to overthrow the actual will of the people.

Tolerant of political differences,... yes.

Tolerant of the Republican Party?...Not me. I know better.

I am an Anti Republican Party Independent who votes Democrat to keep them Greedy Republican SOB's out of office.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:31 PM

948 posts, read 893,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yeah, well that guy's one helluva judge of character.
He's right though. What has Obama done other than go door to door and beg for money?

Old 04-07-2010, 01:15 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,286,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
Gonna play the midterm card,huh?

REKLANS are gonna try and Buy the midterm elections with Ads paid for with all that money the republican thinkers on the U.S. Supreme Court, in their infinite wisdom just decided to allow Corporations to spend.

They will probably use it for more mis-truths, distortions of facts, (ACORN) and outright lies. Truth will play no role. Probably will also allow a few more Banking, Finance, and Insurance company dollars to work their way into the back pockets of their favorite Pols on the hill.

Fox News will profit of course.

Reklans do learn and remember some simple things, like how to use the U.S. Supreme Court to Place or Buy a President to overthrow the actual will of the people.

Tolerant of political differences,... yes.

Tolerant of the Republican Party?...Not me. I know better.

I am an Anti Republican Party Independent who votes Democrat to keep them Greedy Republican SOB's out of office.
You lambast the "Reklans" (whatever that means) while overlooking all the pork and earmarks that have been used to sell not only the "stimulus" package, but also for armtwisting during getting the votes for Obama's healthcare bill. So much for your "Greedy Republican SOBs" theory. The democrats use tax money like monopoly money when they have a tough sell,...like the healthcare bill, when their own party members demand something for their vote.

Let's wait and see how the REMAINDER of the "stimulus" money is spent,...and how it may play a role in the midterms. There's a reason all the $787 Billion wasn't spent. Now why would a STIMULUS be held in check for MONTHS. Politics?

You claim to be an "Anti Republican Party Independent",....but no one is fooled by your claim of "independent". You're one of Obama's parrots making a poor attempt at selling himself as an independent.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:15 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
The Bush years will haunt us for decades. Obama is having to spend most if not all of his first term cleaning up dubbya's numerous messes.
How many trillions of dollars will it take to get that done?

I didn't even thing in numbers like that before Obama "started cleaning up". Was the nearly $1 trillion Stimulus Act that nobody read before voting on it only clean up money? If so, why was less than half of it spent one year later? Oh yeah, I forgot that the first half went mostly to ear marks. Just think how the Dems talked about no earmarks and half of their first really big law went to nothing but earmarks. Yep, that is sure cleaning up from Bush.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekender1968 View Post
Please tell me the myth about Obama's birth is not still debated?

My daughter was born in Hawaii, and guess what, her birth certificate looks identical to Obama's, except the data contained obviously is about her and not him.

That birth certificate is "legal proof of natural born citizenship", if it's good enough for my daughter it should be good enough for the President.

Good gosh, his BC has been out there since before the election.

Get over it, if you don't like our president, vote against him in 2012.
I sure voted against him in 2008, which seems to make me a racist to most lefties and if I live that long I will certainly be voting against him in 2012.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I keep hearing,...."The First Black President" like it is some kind of vaccination against criticism.

Guess I missed that memo....
I think that is the main reason that most of the people who voted for Obama made that mistake. I just hope not too much voter remorse is around the next time.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Would that be the "revered document" that George W Bush called "just a goddamned piece of paper"???

Gary Leupp: "Just a Goddamned Piee of Paper"

Just checking.
It would be one and the same and I think that anybody in the White House today would say the same thing, except that they tend to just agree with The Man when he said it was a stumbling block for so much he wants to do. Would that be about the same thing?

Old 04-07-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Somehow you can't avoid spending five minutes without being overcome with hatred for the president. How hypocrytical to talk about racism then to insinuate that people blindly voted for the president based on his skin color. When counting, do you also count the people who refused to vote for him based on skin color alone? Like it or not, being the first non-white president is still a big deal whether it is Obama or Colin Powell and we were talking about firsts here. Sorry mine wasn't negative. By the way, I am not a "they".
When I use the word THEY I am referring to the left in general and you are surely in that group.

Too many people howl about the first black president as if it were one of the most important things of the present century. I did not vote against Obama because of the color of his skin but every time I see someone talk about him being the first black man to hold the job I see just a bit of racism peaking through. It was the white half of him that I voted against since I don't really care about what his skin color is. Until I found out that we weren't allowed to know anything about his past life other than what was in his books I realized that I didn't want him in the office. Race has nothing to do with it, for me.

All that info in his books was influenced by some weird things. He never once mentioned that his mentor in Hawaii was Frank Marshall Davis. I wonder why it was only Frank when he talked about him. Of course, I know that Davis had had to skip out of the mainland because of his Communist beliefs.

It was his far left leaning thinking and the far left people he surrounded himself with that caused me to vote for McCain, who I didn't want to vote for , and surely not the color of his skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies