Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 02:38 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,915,563 times

Advertisements

I find conservative people so interesing. They want to make people have babies when they can't afford it, yet they grumble about irresponsible people having babies. Hmmm, sounds a tad hypocritical to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 02:43 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
This is why people get so angry when talking about this issue, you choose a happy story and put it as if it will happen to everybody else.
You don't let anybody believe there could be a sad ending but only the skip in the woods, sing song happy day type of children.
You choose to present this happy tale to sway people out of their choice.
Maybe being forced to grow up and take responsibily isa horror for you but there are those who actually do it and learn from it. making a choice knowing all of what life throws at you is the only way to decide. not just looking at life with rose colored glasses, one size fits all.
They can actually sit down one day and be happy to see a child that lives because of them. why do you continue to assume because you think later in life people would be happy they had children that it is true? people know themselves better than you. if they know already they don't want to be a parent, the child will certainly feel that growing up. all children should be loved, not tolerated.
If you only present your doom and gloom choice then you will leave no choice. continue to put only a good spin on it, making young women think it is a blessing in their lives. some when they find it is a curse to them will neglect their children or worse.
Its sad that Jerz had such a hard time and even sadder that she had no one that helped her but it could have just as easily gone the other way.
She also said that she was not sorry that she had her son.
Hear both sides when you make your choices and don't make a person believe they will have no happy ending if they choose to be a Mother. pro choice women understand that motherhood is a great thing for woman that want motherhood. pro choice is about deciding for oneself what the option will be, motherhood, adoption or abortion.
Don't pretend they will have no heartache over the one they CHOOSE not to have because most will. this statement is a guess/opinion. my thought is the opposite that most women do not regret their choice.
I think Jerz will have a happy ending!
not all of us live in a world that although has its hardships is a good life and adding children to the mix a blessing. reality is different for everyone. I doubt very seriously the poor woman who prostitutes herself and has lived in poverty her whole life really thinks that having a child to take care of is a blessing at all.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:51 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,900 times
Jerz, I still think you will have a very happy ending and to tell you the truth, I thank God for you.
Now I am leaving this thread so I don't get into any fights, lol,
Your son will be fine because he has you.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:00 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Jerz, I still think you will have a very happy ending and to tell you the truth, I thank God for you.
Now I am leaving this thread so I don't get into any fights, lol,
Your son will be fine because he has you.
Sorry , you didn't read or learn anything from these great posts.

And sorry you keep encouraging young girls to get pregnant because motherhood is Nirvana! Heaven! Glory! A Hallmark moment! Their total reason for being alive....ya, people like you really help...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies