Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 12:41 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

It seems the American people understand our economic problems better than most correspondents on this board. The mess was started before Bush but amplified during his term so he and his party should take responsibility for the mess. The only thing most Americans are going to remember at next November’s elections is who made the economy better and that is not the Republican Party.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 12:47 PM

79 posts, read 94,180 times
didn't the Democrats control congress when Bush was president?

Old 04-07-2010, 12:55 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
For 2 of the 8 years he was president, yes.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:57 PM

79 posts, read 94,180 times
I blame Lyndon B Johnson for our problems.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:57 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post

Only the last year and a half.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:16 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
For 2 of the 8 years he was president, yes.
And for the first 6 years we had one of the greatest ecconimic expansions in American history. Check the unemployment rates. Check the amount of money the government took in, etc.

When the democrats took over we went downhill with the housing house of cards falling. The left want to blame Bush buyt ignore the role the congress plays.

Look up Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. Bush tried to get the democrat controlled congress to act but Barbey Frank and Dodd refused. In fact look at the quotes they made prior to the fall.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
What exactly did Barney Frank do that a majority Republican House, Senate and White House couldn't override?

You do realize Barney Frank is the Legislator that has been in control of the nations financing and housing programs. Has been a long time now.

Funny how it was those two and them tied together, that caused the crash.

How can you fix it when he didn't say a word. FYI it has been a DEM controlled congress since 2006 elections.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:34 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Bush is the one who caused this and rightly so deserves the blame. No doubt. He sent this country to hell.
This is untrue, to put the blame on one man for everything, lets not forget that everything he suggested was back by congress, republicans and democrats alike. Whose to blame? We voted these people into office, in fact senators and congressmen are supposed to vote for our thought's, instead only do what they want. Whose rightly to blame? All of us.

Everyone was out buying beach homes in Miami, and investment homes in Vegas when they didn't have the money, the borrowed from the bank. How long did people think the bank can keep going? It's everyone's fault, accept that or live with it in silence. But don't ever blame one man for everything, it really shows how ignorant people CAN and WILL be.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:02 AM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
This is untrue, to put the blame on one man for everything, lets not forget that everything he suggested was back by congress, republicans and democrats alike. Whose to blame? We voted these people into office, in fact senators and congressmen are supposed to vote for our thought's, instead only do what they want. Whose rightly to blame? All of us.

Everyone was out buying beach homes in Miami, and investment homes in Vegas when they didn't have the money, the borrowed from the bank. How long did people think the bank can keep going? It's everyone's fault, accept that or live with it in silence. But don't ever blame one man for everything, it really shows how ignorant people CAN and WILL be.
This is very true. But I will add however the Republicans when they controlled Congress from 1994-2006 deregulated the heck outta everything. That whole toxic asset crap was cooked up by them, so really what happened was they allowed for the perpetuation of some very bad policies as it benefited companies and their ceo's-who made all the money.

So people argue for free capitalism, well this recession is a taste of that.

I forget who said this, but "Bill Clinton was the best Republican Preseident we evey had" I wouldn't say it's true, and I like Bill Clinton, well I liked the 90's and he gets credit for that, lol.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:07 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
This is very true. But I will add however the Republicans when they controlled Congress from 1994-2006 deregulated the heck outta everything. That whole toxic asset crap was cooked up by them, so really what happened was they allowed for the perpetuation of some very bad policies as it benefited companies and their ceo's-who made all the money.

So people argue for free capitalism, well this recession is a taste of that.

I forget who said this, but "Bill Clinton was the best Republican Preseident we evey had" I wouldn't say it's true, and I like Bill Clinton, well I liked the 90's and he gets credit for that, lol.
I can't argue this, because I know you're right. You're very accurate, and Bill Clinton was my favorite modern day president as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies