Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 07:45 AM

131 posts, read 219,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by db1025 View Post
I don't get it. That is a pleasure to watch compared to watching a thousand hypnotized sheep just nod their heads and say YES WE CAN! like they are listening to their cult leader.
Exactly and their leader thinks there are 57 states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 08:11 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,289,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Uh... you brought up racism....

One of your videos proclaims, "The media says only smart people vote for Obama...."

Do you happen to have video, or transcripts, of smart people who voted for McCain because of Palin?
LOL exactly. I didn't mention anything about race. All I did was start a thread and this guy posts videos on hoodrats, and goes on about "hommies" and the "affirmative action president."

And who is the racist one? Welcome to bizarro world!

Old 04-08-2010, 08:28 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
Exactly and their leader thinks there are 57 states.
Right and he shoves the fact? that he is a White Sox fan down our throats but can't name one player?
uh, ummmm, duh, huh?
Of course that is just a little hint that he is dishonest, the big hint is how high our taxes are going to go.
All we heard was how he would not raise taxes on the average American but now with his healthcare and other "projects" we will be surrounded and overtaken by them.
At least Sarah is HONEST.
Barry is not.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
LOL exactly. I didn't mention anything about race. All I did was start a thread and this guy posts videos on hoodrats, and goes on about "hommies" and the "affirmative action president."

And who is the racist one? Welcome to bizarro world!
You posted a video to make fun of those who would vote for Sarah Palin and he SHOWED you who voted for Barry.
You are questioning him and trying to make him look stupid too?
If you guys couldn't make another person look stupid, what would you do?

Old 04-08-2010, 08:37 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Right and he shoves the fact? that he is a White Sox fan down our throats but can't name one player?
uh, ummmm, duh, huh?
Of course that is just a little hint that he is dishonest, the big hint is how high our taxes are going to go.
All we heard was how he would not raise taxes on the average American but now with his healthcare and other "projects" we will be surrounded and overtaken by them.
Barry is not.
Sarah is honest? LOL

TheDailyBanter.com: A Long List of Sarah Palin Lies

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.co...welve-odd.html

Old 04-08-2010, 09:01 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

I'm sure I've told you before that the office of president is a leadership position. Sarah Palin has a long track record of leadership and reform. Like our common friend Glen Beck, she has brought light into the dark corners of our political system and driven the unworthy from power. The nation in 2012, after four years of the most corrupt, manipulative and self-serving administration since Nixon, will seek out a DC outsider to restore accountability. A governor will likely fit the bill since long-serving Senators like McCain tend to come with equally long histories of backroom dealings and undesirable associations. They are easy targets for lesser knows with shorter track records and a good spiel. Unfortunately, in 2008, those were our only two choices. But having been stung so badly in this cycle, by 2012 the voters will have no interest in quasi constitutional experts who seem to have only studied the document in order to find loop-holes or inept ideologues who couldn't lead an ant parade with a bag full of jelly donuts.

With this set of affairs leading up to the 2012 contest, you are very correct to fear the Tea Party movement. You are very correct to fear Sarah Palin. The backlash is going to be unprecedented. You heard it here first.
So you've "told" us, eh? Thank you sooo much!

Long track record of leadership? Please elaborate. She was a PTA president. How'd that work out? Did she actually improve the school? Raise a lot of money? Or was it just "a good spiel"? She was mayor of Wasila, a figurehead postition. She had a city manager to run the city, and her "duties" consisted mostly of signing checks. I don't know how she did on the Oil Board or whatever it was she was appointed to, but she certainly was a flop as gov. of Alaska.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:05 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So you've "told" us, eh? Thank you sooo much!

Long track record of leadership? Please elaborate. She was a PTA president. How'd that work out? Did she actually improve the school? Raise a lot of money? Or was it just "a good spiel"? She was mayor of Wasila, a figurehead postition. She had a city manager to run the city, and her "duties" consisted mostly of signing checks. I don't know how she did on the Oil Board or whatever it was she was appointed to, but she certainly was a flop as gov. of Alaska.
And don't forget...she never went to any meeting without Toddy holding her hand...ya, strong and independent????

Old 04-08-2010, 09:06 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
uh, ummmm, duh, huh?
Barry is not.
She wasn't honest about "Death Panels".....she LIED!

You think she's honest when she refers to some Americans as "real" ???

Maybe you and Sarah can list the criteria for being a "real" American????

Old 04-08-2010, 09:19 AM

Maybe you can call me "stupid" but I am not so sure she lied about the death panels.
I think we will have to wait and see about that one.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:19 AM

131 posts, read 219,506 times
Quote:
uh, ummmm, duh, huh?
Barry is not.
That is the main point they don't get....honesty.
That is the #1 trait for an elected official.

And if they are claiming that Obama offsets his lack of honesty with intelligence they are sadly mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies