Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:39 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times

Advertisements

“You don’t go ahead and accommodate every behavioral pattern that is against the ideal,” he said. “That would be like saying, well, there are a lot of people who like to use drugs, so let’s go ahead and accommodate those who want to use drugs. There are some people who believe in incest, so we should accommodate them. There are people who believe in polygamy, so we should accommodate them.” Huckabee said civil unions are "not necessary." “I think there’s been a real level of being disingenuous on the part of the gay and lesbian community with their goal of civil unions,” he said. He added that "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," "touches an extraordinarily small group of people," and therefore should not be repealed.

GOP watch: Huck on gay rights - First Read - msnbc.com

What a moron, he just shot his Presidential aspirations in the foot. First, he lets a cop killer out of jail, then he compares gay parents to people who have sex with their daughters.

Is this the best the GOP has to offer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 05:46 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
GOP=Garbage Old Party.

And this confirms it.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:56 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
I can't believe someone that gets the most registered Republican support, said this.

CNN had a poll today, that showed that among Republicans, Huckabee garnered the most support.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:09 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
A lot of people who lack education on this subject believe homosexuality is choice, like incest. In their minds, there is no difference. Both are considered weaknesses of the spirit.

They are absolutely wrong, of course, as anyone who was 6 years old and knew 'that kid' in school can attest. But they don't know all that, so that's how someone like Huckabee comes up with that absurdity.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:15 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
You muldoons will take anything out of context...its all so liberal.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:15 PM

571 posts, read 943,810 times
These types of people simply have a different mindset. They dont GET that it's none of their business what other people do with their lives as long as they aren't hurting them. They simply *do not* understand this concept, and think everyone should conform to their ideals of how society should be. The two guys down the street who get married and adopt a Chinese orphan have literally no concievable effect on their lives, but they care like they are the judge jury & executioner. I admire gay couples patience- if I had to deal with religious fanatics who compare me to people who bang their siblings I'd only have two words to say to them, one starts with an "F" and the other starts with a "Y".

Old 04-13-2010, 07:31 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,393,592 times
Huckabee's ignorance shouldn't be a surprise. Remember at one of the GOP presidential primary debates when he & 5 of the 9 Republican candidates claimed the evolution was incorrect? Huckabee is a Baptist preacher & is only an inch smarter than the typical Republican = total dummies

Old 04-13-2010, 08:53 PM

723 posts, read 634,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
You muldoons will take anything out of context...its all so liberal.
I don't see how you can possibly put a comparison between incest and being gay into a context that makes it right. And did you actually read what he said or do you just want to take any opportunity to... um... insult people? Wait was that the intention? What's a muldoon?

Old 04-14-2010, 05:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Huckabee's ignorance shouldn't be a surprise. Remember at one of the GOP presidential primary debates when he & 5 of the 9 Republican candidates claimed the evolution was incorrect? Huckabee is a Baptist preacher & is only an inch smarter than the typical Republican = total dummies
Let me set you straight on this, he isn't a preacher and hasn't been since almost before you were born and silly comments about how smart or dumb a person or party is not only is a generalization but is pretty much what we did in the 5th grade. As for evolution, you believe what you want, many will agree, many disagree but that has nothing to do with the subject right now.

Nita

Old 04-14-2010, 05:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
I don't see how you can possibly put a comparison between incest and being gay into a context that makes it right. And did you actually read what he said or do you just want to take any opportunity to... um... insult people? Wait was that the intention? What's a muldoon?
I happen to like Huckabee when he is on TV, we love to watch his program, his comments like this are totally off base. I hope he comes back to explain or apologize. If he ever had my vote he just lost it...not that I think he intends on running anyway.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies