Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 10:34 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times

Advertisements

Oh yes. Pro-choice Democrats won't stand a chance in Stupak's District!

" The district easily supported Senators Levin (pro choice) and Stabenow, (pro-choice) Governor Granholm, (pro choice) and various other Democratic Statewide elected officials. It also voted for Obama in 2008 (pro-choice)

All of these office holders are betraying their constituents also....So says the OP!

[ What is it like to live on another planet?]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 10:37 AM

533 posts, read 318,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
ditto!

may all the other congressional jerks who have been bought take the hint.

for a reminder
:U.S. Congressman Bart Stupak (D-Menominee) announced three airports in northern Michigan have received grants totaling $726,409 for airport maintenance and improvements. The funding was provided by the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Aviation Administration.

It’s amazing what a few hundred thousand dollars will do pointed in your direction. (too bad that bribe is on the backs of all the taxpayers in the united states)
How 'bout giving us a list of name of "all the other congressional jerks" who have been bought?

Do you have anything that says that the money for the grants was approved AFTER the yes vote? Do you have anything to prove that there were no other considerations given to the approval of that money to Northern Michigan other than Stupaks yes vote?

Old 04-09-2010, 10:38 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerLuvr View Post
You are "sure"? How are you "sure"? Please, share with us your inside knowledge about any "deal" stupak made with whoever the "Chicago mad man" is.

The above post is nothing at all but imagination, an overactive imagination, working overtime. You are "sure" apparently because it doesn't take more than gossip on the Internet to win you over......if that's not true, again, please post why/how you are so "sure" that a great job making insane money was part of any deal.

Again, I see the same pattern. Some folks seem to worship money so much that they project their own weaknesses onto to other people as well as politicians when thinking about why someone would do something.
And you're so sure that Stupak didn't sell out. Then explain how a staunchly pro-lifer could oppose a bill so strongly..then change his mind and support it because of an EO that in reality has no teeth. An EO that can be rescinded at any time..by Obama or any future president.

And tell me how Kucinich, who loudly proclaimed support for the Public Option and said he wouldn't, couldn't support a bill without it, turned on a dime.

Call it wild imagination...call it paranoia. From where I stand, I can only see what it's not. It's not principled. It's not following the wishes of the majority of the American people. So, it's a sellout, or a cave-in. Simple.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:44 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times
His garbage can was more important than his values, he bowed down to the mob.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
In Chicago, they tell you to how to vote. Then they watch which side you go to WHEN you vote.
If they don't like how you voted?
You don't get a garbage can.
The alley will be filled with nice new garbage cans but not behind your building.
If you work in a restaurant where they come in?
You don't get a tip, even though they laid 5 bucks on the table before you voted.
Stupak got his garbage can and now can't live with himself.
Oh, yeah? How do you know what "they" do in Chicago? You think people tell voters who to vote for and then watch which door you go in to determine who you voted forl......WELL REPORT SUCH THINGS AS ILLEGAL! Jezzzus. Anything THAT OBVIOUS could easily be reported.

What do you think about all the death threats to politicans recently because they voted for the HC bill? Do you think that is the right way to deal with losing?

Old 04-09-2010, 10:47 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Show me where in the bill it states that abortion will be funded with tax payer money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I can't understand why the "Right to Life" crowd is angry with Stupak. Stupak made sure that no abortion would be paid for by tax payer money in the healthcare bill. Isn't that what the Prolifers wanted?
ROFL

It gets tough trying to follow the chaotic logic of the left. First Stupak should be praised for getting 0bama to sign an Executive Order banning the funding of abortion in the HC bill, and then there never was funding of abortion in the bill.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
And you're so sure that Stupak didn't sell out. Then explain how a staunchly pro-lifer could oppose a bill so strongly..then change his mind and support it because of an EO that in reality has no teeth. An EO that can be rescinded at any time..by Obama or any future president.

And tell me how Kucinich, who loudly proclaimed support for the Public Option and said he wouldn't, couldn't support a bill without it, turned on a dime.

Call it wild imagination...call it paranoia. From where I stand, I can only see what it's not. It's not principled. It's not following the wishes of the majority of the American people. So, it's a sellout, or a cave-in. Simple.
You miss the point. (Also a negative cannot be proved)....... you guys are posting on here that stupak sold out like it is an absolute fact, then you go even further and say that he's probably quitting because he's going to get some sort of lobbyist job, etc., etc. You're SPECULATING, but you speculate as if it were fact. You have NO FACTS to back you up. Just wishful thinking.

Unless you were privy to conversations between the people during the debate and before the vote, apparently you have no way of knowing what really happened.

I've just been asking for ANYTHING which would support your position that he sold out and that he will be rewarded by obama admin for selling out. I'd like to move the conversation from mere speculation and internet gossip to some sort of evidence. I don't know what stupak did or didn't do. I've said that it's my opinion that he may just be resigning because he has concerns for the safety of his family and fears for his life, especially after the anti-choice proponents killed Dr. Tiller.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:51 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Ahh a traitor to his own values. Oh wait, Democrats have no values. We have seen one right after the other be bought and paid for.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
His garbage can was more important than his values, he bowed down to the mob.
Your OPINION, sheer speculation on your part. You have absolutely no way of knowing what happened. If you had any proof whatsoever, you, and all Republicans would be shouting it to the rooftops.

What "mob" are you talking about, maggie?

Old 04-09-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Ahh a traitor to his on values. Oh wait, Democrats have no values. We have seen one right after the other be bought and paid for.
Ahh, broad brush strokes, huge generalizations. LOL Is that the best you can do? Of course it must be because you cannot provide any specific evidence to back up so outrageous, hate-filled gossip, can you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies