Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 01:20 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,276,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
your roots are showing...the mean ones.
lol.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 01:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Fine, call me and other progressives "progs"..Big Deal..We're proud of our standing.

Of course, this stands in sharp contrast to all the RW sniveling I've seen around here when your kind are referred to as "teabaggers" or "rednecks"..

It appears to me like you can dish it out but can't take it..
Come on and realize that not all Republicans are part of the Tea Party movement but are rapidly seeing the light and swinging that direction. It is just too simple minded to call Republicans, rednecks, since so many of them don't live in the south and so many aren't farmers. Now few of them are union members unless they are so because they want to keep their jobs so why don't you come up for a name for them.

You are having lots of fun playing the far left race game and the name calling game but if you prefer progressive to prog from me then you you need to earn it.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerLuvr View Post
What "bloc"? he had no more than maybe three to five people.

Look, your imagination...."Somehow it does seem that he got a lot of something" is nothing more than your imagination. Try to find some evidence that there was something given to stupak in exchange for his vote. when you find that evidence, please be sure to let us all know immediately. Otherwise, it's just your "imagination" working overtime, or your believe. How about just saying "I believe" so-and-so?
He swung 12 votes but your 5 would have taken care of it, almost.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:23 PM

15,445 posts, read 21,289,268 times
I didn't bother to read this whole thread because I know that, just as the left called Palin a quitter, the right would do the same to Stupak. It's called politics and every time I see one of these people crawl out of the bottom of that outhouse, I always wonder how a person can be smart enough to get elected but dumb enough to stay elected.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:28 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,906,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
I didn't bother to read this whole thread because I know that, just as the left called Palin a quitter, the right would do the same to Stupak. It's called politics and every time I see one of these people crawl out of the bottom of that outhouse, I always wonder how a person can be smart enough to get elected but dumb enough to stay elected.
Stupak can not be called a quitter like Sister Sara, he will serve out his term, eight months more. I for one think 18 years in a tough geographical district is long enough...more should retire in both Parties...when the time is right...for some , its long overdue.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:32 PM

15,445 posts, read 21,289,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Stupak can not be called a quitter
Sorry but he already has been called a quitter and will continue to be called a quitter. However, I for one am glad he is.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:50 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,647,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerLuvr View Post
It happened to you? Did you report it? If so, what was the outcome?
Yes, I was advised to call someone but can't remember who. I told him the whole story and he told me to take someone else's garbage can!
My husband started handling it after that and we did end up with one eventually but I don't know how it all came about.
Up until that time, they would give us a list to vote for their candidates and I always did what they asked me to do but when the abortion issue became so important to me, I voted republican against their wishes. They stand there and can see what side you go to. They are not called The Daley Machine for nothing.
The group came into the restaurant that I worked at and sat in my section one last time, no tip.
Then they moved on to a different section.
My experience was small but it showed me first hand what was going on.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:52 PM

533 posts, read 317,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Wow. Bart has a mental illness???? Do you have a link??? This is important. I did not know he was handicapped.
what are you talking about?

Old 04-09-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Yes, I was advised to call someone but can't remember who. I told him the whole story and he told me to take someone else's garbage can!
My husband started handling it after that and we did end up with one eventually but I don't know how it all came about.
Up until that time, they would give us a list to vote for their candidates and I always did what they asked me to do but when the abortion issue became so important to me, I voted republican against their wishes. They stand there and can see what side you go to. They are not called The Daley Machine for nothing.
The group came into the restaurant that I worked at and sat in my section one last time, no tip.
Then they moved on to a different section.
My experience was small but it showed me first hand what was going on.
If voting is so important to you, then you really should pursue the illegal voting practices to the national level if necessary. Plus, it's important to be articulate and clear when you're reporting illegal activity around a voting facility. If someone told you to "take someone else's garbage can" you should have pursued it further. WRITE down names when you are speaking to someone on the phone.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
He swung 12 votes but your 5 would have taken care of it, almost.
Proof that he had 12 people with him. He "said" he did, but that doesn't mean by the time of the vote he did. How about some proof to back up your claim he "swung 12 votes"? Link please. surely if what you say it true you will have no trouble providing proof. "almost" doesn't count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies