Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 09:58 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Stupak knows what is going to happen to this Country with the pass of the HCR bill, now that he has had a true glance of it's contents. I believe the man is of good conscience and just cannot live with the fact that he sold out Americans.
He knew when he said yes, did you see his face?
Maybe it was the mafia though, you can't fight the mob.
Good ole Al, the Italians here are still saying what a great guy he was.
The Chicago mob has taken over Washington.
We got to watch them in action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 09:59 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Bye-bye Bart......you loser.....don't let the door hit ya.
ditto!

may all the other congressional jerks who have been bought take the hint.

for a reminder
:U.S. Congressman Bart Stupak (D-Menominee) announced three airports in northern Michigan have received grants totaling $726,409 for airport maintenance and improvements. The funding was provided by the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Aviation Administration.

It’s amazing what a few hundred thousand dollars will do pointed in your direction. (too bad that bribe is on the backs of all the taxpayers in the united states)

Last edited by floridasandy; 04-09-2010 at 10:15 AM..

Old 04-09-2010, 10:00 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerLuvr View Post
"sold out" how do you know he "sold out" and what did he "sell out" for? Just because he changed his mind, and that change was not in agreement with what you want and believe, does not mean that he "sold out." There are many of us out here who do not believe for one minute that HC reform is a "worthless piece of paper"........

And perhaps, just perhaps, if the lunatic fringe with stop brandishing guns and calling in lewd death threats to politicians we'll have a more credible government.
The worthless piece of paper I'm referring to is the Executive Order...rescindable at any time. With 18 years in, Stupak knows exactly how EO's work. So yes, he sold out..caved..call it whatever.

And, lunatic fringe, death threats...always been there, always inappropriate.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:01 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Fine, call me and other progressives "progs"..Big Deal..We're proud of our standing.

Of course, this stands in sharp contrast to all the RW sniveling I've seen around here when your kind are referred to as "teabaggers" or "rednecks"..

It appears to me like you can dish it out but can't take it..
Is there no part of the TEA party movement do you agree with? Keep in mind they opposed all these same things under Bush too.

Do you oppose trying to rein in the national debt? Because current spending has us hitting a $19+ trillion dollar debt by 2019, this is the most pronounced thing that they oppose.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:03 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Show me where in the bill it states that abortion will be funded with tax payer money.
If it wasn't in the bill, then why the need for the executive order?
Our state income tax pays for it here.
I would rather pay for free daycare and free food than paying for them to kill myself, but then again, who am I??

8,733 posts, read 15,940,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I think he will get a cabinet post. Time will tell.
Dept. of Interior ? Sounds good to me.

533 posts, read 318,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Maybe it's just dirty Chicago politics going national. They threaten, bribe and coerce their own party politicians if they dare to go against the machine.

Its become obvious to me over the years, as I have heard political action groups and internet groups like MoveOn, who have threatened democrat candidates with the most vile sort of personal attacks if they dare go against the far left progressive agenda. These extremists are now the mainstream in the Democratic Party, and 0bama is just the guy to help make it the norm.

They had guys like Tom "The Hammer" Delay in the Republican Party who played real hardball politics, but he is long gone. But it seems that the average progressive democrat is embracing the type of thuggery we are seeing this past year, and its destroying their party. The Democratic Party used to have some good people.
Do you by any chance have any links to those vile personal attacks against candidates by "groups like Moveon?

How about some expamples of the dirty Chicago politics which you see being replicated in the Obama Admin? Certainly if you have been such an astute political observer all these years, you will be able to find specific examples of the things you are saying about Chicago politics and you can proof that the same tactics are being used by the Obama Admi so we can all share in your observations.

Tom Delay!!?? Surely you jest. You're bringing Tom Delay up as a good example? ROTFLMAO!

Again, EXAMPLES of "thuggery" you've seen in the past year......specifics with some sort of proof of such "thuggery"........otherwise I'll be tempted to think some people are just posting buzzwords on the Internet.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:04 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I can't understand why the "Right to Life" crowd is angry with Stupak. Stupak made sure that no abortion would be paid for by tax payer money in the healthcare bill. Isn't that what the Prolifers wanted?
How did he do that? I'm sure 0bama must have signed something into law that I'm unaware of.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
If it wasn't in the bill, then why the need for the executive order?
Our state income tax pays for it here.
I would rather pay for free daycare and free food than paying for them to kill myself, but then again, who am I??
The executive order was need to satisify the PARANOID, overly zealous anti-choice crowd. There was no provision in the bill which allowed for federal funding of abortion.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
How did he do that? I'm sure 0bama must have signed something into law that I'm unaware of.
ROTFL You're "sure" Obama signed "something" into law that you're "unaware of"....... Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies