Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 01:08 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times

Advertisements

alan grayson supports cap and trade (which i just posted some information on in the business section). that is a nightmare just waiting to happen.

he would NEVER get my vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 01:14 PM

533 posts, read 318,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
alan grayson supports cap and trade (which i just posted some information on in the business section). that is a nightmare just waiting to happen.

guess ti would be good for grayson if you don't live in orlando.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:14 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
He is a clown.

Wonder why DC cant get anything done we have elected officials pulling stunts like this that is only going to cause more bickering back and forth. This has turned into a political chess game for him to draw the most attention he can because hes the new poster boy for progressives they love this man.
They got something done they got hc passed remember

Old 04-09-2010, 01:25 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You are kidding, right? Grayson voted for the biggest Bill of Attainder yet passed by Congress - H.R. 3590.
Yep. Only 34 Democrats voted nay on that bill....Grayson wasn't one of the 34.

This is typical of the voting public when it comes to politicians they support or don't support. We love the theater. The more this buffoon acts with drama and without any professionalism, the more watchers of reality TV (aka 'tard TV) like it and just know that he's really working for them. But bother to check a voting record? Nah, can't be bothered with all that...may require work and due dillgence on our part. That would mean that we would actually have to be responsible voters and citizens. We'll let CNN, MSNBC, FOX and YouTube tell us what we need to know. Combine that with what our party of choice tells us what to parrot, why bother to think at all?

Check voting records folks. Compare it to the rhetoric and histrionics. You will probably find that a politician you think is on your side is, uh, not so much.

Last edited by Fullback32; 04-09-2010 at 01:56 PM..

Old 04-09-2010, 01:43 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
They got something done they got hc passed remember
Against the will of the people. With backroom deals and buying votes Not so sure why people are proud of that

Old 04-09-2010, 07:33 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
That does not paint a kind picture for his supporters. He is rude, bellicose, arrogant and obnoxious.

I guess those traits are held in high regard by some.
Yes, by the Orlando Sentinel specifically.

Beyond them here is a list of his donors:
http://www.opensecrets.org/politicia...Mem=N&recs=100

For those Progressives whom love to deamonize the "rich" understand that Greyson is the 12th wealthiest member of Congress.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pfds/CIDs...8418&year=2008

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 04-09-2010 at 07:42 PM..

Old 04-09-2010, 07:47 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
The guy is the lunatic fringe...from the Left.

Gosh, wouldn't it be lovely to send him off in Nov?

Old 04-09-2010, 07:52 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post

He wouldn't get mine either, I'm just saying that he seems more principled than some of the dittoheads like McConnell from KY who won't even challenge Obamacare at the state level.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:13 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
Grayson was not invited to this meeting, he crashed it. I live in Orlando, and he is an embarrassment. I don't care if Howdy Doody runs against Grayson, I will support and promote any candidate other than Grayson.

He ran his campaign on stopping government waste and fraud. His big TV spots were standing on top of something (can't remember) in a warehouse and showing the faulty equipment that went to the military. I thought he would be awesome.

He is in a position to do good for us, and has the guts to do, but he is choosing to be a hater, enjoys being a hater, promotes hatred, cares nothing for his constituents, and is looking out for his career. I am ashamed of him to be my congressman.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Grayson was not invited to this meeting, he crashed it. I live in Orlando, and he is an embarrassment. I don't care if Howdy Doody runs against Grayson, I will support and promote any candidate other than Grayson.

He ran his campaign on stopping government waste and fraud. His big TV spots were standing on top of something (can't remember) in a warehouse and showing the faulty equipment that went to the military. I thought he would be awesome.

He is in a position to do good for us, and has the guts to do, but he is choosing to be a hater, enjoys being a hater, promotes hatred, cares nothing for his constituents, and is looking out for his career. I am ashamed of him to be my congressman.
How is he polling down there?

It seems this "stunt", crashing an R meeting he was not invited to, smacks of desperation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies