Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Bill Clinton a good president?
Yes 157 70.40%
No 66 29.60%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 06:39 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,125,817 times

Advertisements

I think that Clinton was a good President. The economy was fairly prosperous with consistent growth. Unemployment rates were pretty low, and on the whole people felt confident about their jobs and livlihoods

Im sure I will get some argument about that is was luck not the residue of design, the national debt only grew slightly showing no sign of the imminent spiral of the Bush and Obama years.

He was well respected by the international community------unlike the precipitous drop in image overseas during the Bush years, the prestige of the United States remained pretty solid----I am sure there will be some rebuttals on this point.

He did fail in his efforts to get Bin Laden----Im not sure we can assign blame there.

Race relations improved during his administrations.

I know there have been a litany of negatives already mentioned about Clinton----Im sure there will be more to come-------yet the question at the end of the day factoring positives and negatives was Bill Clinton a good President, and my response is YES.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 06:41 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,263,298 times
only issue i have with clinton is his taste. if your going to play away from home, atleast make it worth it. monica lewinsky was not worth it. JFK...now he's a prez with taste.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:55 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,084,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
Beside the monica lewinsky scandal was Bill Clinton a good president?
Did monica give good "bj's"? poll that!!

Old 09-18-2011, 07:57 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,504,016 times
It is clear that over 70% of voters on this poll, and likely 70% of voting Americans, would rate President Clinton as a "good" President. Part of this high rating is not only the result of his capable and steady leadership but also likely a backlash towards the political witch hunt that resulted from Republicans in response to a dalliance with an intern.

It also helps his rating that the worst President in U.S. history was his successor.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:37 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,435,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
I think that Clinton was a good President. The economy was fairly prosperous with consistent growth. Unemployment rates were pretty low, and on the whole people felt confident about their jobs and livlihoods
Thank you for not saying "booming."

And you are quite correct in that the economy was fairly prosperous during the 1990s. The Clinton media during the 1990s attempted to redefine a "booming" to mean anything above 3% growth in the GDP.

Only the Clinton media puppets refer to the the 1990s as "booming." Clearly, you are not among them.

Quote:
Im sure I will get some argument about that is was luck not the residue of design, the national debt only grew slightly showing no sign of the imminent spiral of the Bush and Obama years.
The deficits were also considerably smaller during the 1990s. The deficit increased from 1990 through 1993, where it peaked. Which is one of a multitude of reasons why the GOP took back the House after 40 years of Democrat domination.

Quote:
He was well respected by the international community------unlike the precipitous drop in image overseas during the Bush years, the prestige of the United States remained pretty solid----I am sure there will be some rebuttals on this point.

He did fail in his efforts to get Bin Laden----Im not sure we can assign blame there.

Race relations improved during his administrations.

I know there have been a litany of negatives already mentioned about Clinton----Im sure there will be more to come-------yet the question at the end of the day factoring positives and negatives was Bill Clinton a good President, and my response is YES.
I will give you that Clinton was better than Obama, but that is not saying much.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:22 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,504,016 times

Bush started a war against Iraq and cut taxes. It reminds us all how the hard work and due diligence of one President can be upended by a wholly incompetent successor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies