Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 07:01 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,338,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
More like 25% Republicans, 25% Democrats and 50% independents and those that identify themselves as Republicans or Democrats but vote either way.

The ones that identify themselves as Republicans or Democrats of that 50% can be characterized as those that dislike the lunatics in both the Republican and Democratic party that cater to the extreme special interests. The same can be said of those that indetify as Independents.

These are the people that elect Presidents and most politicians and they are not happy.

It is more along the lines of ....

35% Republicans, 20% Democrats and 45% Independents

The last Presidential vote was a vote against George Bush, not a vote for Obama.

The people saw just how important their vote is and how important the candidate chosen to run, is. But only months after the vote and Obama took office.

A lot of independent voters are realizing their vote against Bush, has been an OH *****, moment since. Elections have consequences.

Massachusetts, and the Brown vote to take Teddy's seat, is a perfect example of the independents realizing what they had done and trying to correct it before it was too late.

Today the Independents are still saying it isn't too late. Repeal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 07:03 PM

14,561 posts, read 22,962,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The last Presidential vote was a vote against George Bush, not a vote for Obama.
Umm, I'm pretty sure George Bush wasn't running.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:21 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,338,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Umm, I'm pretty sure George Bush wasn't running.

You know exactly what I mean by, "a vote against GW".
Progressive McCain, is Progressive Bush's twin. A middle of the road, washed up, has been.
Got a clue for you.....It isn't Republican, or Democrat that the independents are eyeballing. It is the Progressives in both parties. Just like the sweep to rid our country of Progressive communist in the 40's through the 60's, your seeing that revolt again. The Progressive movement will go into hiding once again.

McCain will lose his seat in the Senate, to Hayworth. If that tells you anything.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:23 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,663,577 times
Quote:
It is more along the lines of ....

35% Republicans, 20% Democrats and 45% Independents

The people saw just how important their vote is and how important the candidate chosen to run, is. But only months after the vote and Obama took office.

A lot of independent voters are realizing their vote against Bush, has been an OH *****, moment since. Elections have consequences.

Massachusetts, and the Brown vote to take Teddy's seat, is a perfect example of the independents realizing what they had done and trying to correct it before it was too late.

Today the Independents are still saying it isn't too late. Repeal.
Not going to happen.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:25 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,663,577 times
Quote:
Progressive McCain, is Progressive Bush's twin. A middle of the road, washed up, has been.
Got a clue for you.....It isn't Republican, or Democrat that the independents are eyeballing. It is the Progressives in both parties. Just like the sweep to rid our country of Progressive communist in the 40's through the 60's, your seeing that revolt again. The Progressive movement will go into hiding once again.

McCain will lose his seat in the Senate, to Hayworth.
If that tells you anything.
Not going to happen

Old 04-10-2010, 07:36 PM

14,561 posts, read 22,962,161 times
Quote:
Yeah I figured, but I wasn't going to take any chances judging from some of the crap I've seen posted here.

Anyways, McCain dug his own grave. If you go back through the polling numbers you can see how the tide started a pretty massive swing to Obama that started when McCain went to the negative attacks and another when he chose Palin as his running mate. It wasn't quite the "Republicans were doomed to begin with" theory people seem to think. They just scuttled a sinking ship.

[MOD CUT]

Quote:
The push by gays to inject their lifestyles on children
Say what?

Quote:
will make more conservatives get active in politics.
And more liberals will get involved on the other side.

Quote:
A great portion of the tax protesters are Independents. It is nothing but propaganda by the left wingers who think they have the support of Independents. I wouldn't take the word of any left wing hussein obama sheeple who have anything to say about the Tea Party, if I were you.
Independents broke pretty heavily for Obama in the election, and that's the most accurate poll available to us.

And trust me, I can form my own opinion about the teabaggers.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-11-2010 at 06:33 AM.. Reason: response to deleted post

Old 04-10-2010, 07:48 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,058,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Yeah I figured, but I wasn't going to take any chances judging from some of the crap I've seen posted here.

Anyways, McCain dug his own grave. If you go back through the polling numbers you can see how the tide started a pretty massive swing to Obama that started when McCain went to the negative attacks and another when he chose Palin as his running mate. It wasn't quite the "Republicans were doomed to begin with" theory people seem to think. They just scuttled a sinking ship.

[MOD CUT]

Say what?

And more liberals will get involved on the other side.

Independents broke pretty heavily for Obama in the election, and that's the most accurate poll available to us.

And Independents are falling away from the con man hussein obama in record numbers.

And trust me, I can form my own opinion about the teabaggers.

Trust me, I believe you could.

bold mine

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-11-2010 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: response to deleted post

Old 04-10-2010, 08:06 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,246,338 times
The kool-aid must have been given with the free government cheese this month as he dem-commi's are scared to death.

Thanks to Adolf Obama conservatism in America is rising and growing.

Liberalism is dying and as only 20% have the guts to say they are liberal minded, the conservatives are growing in number.

Liberalism is a mental disorder and will be wiped from the face of America soon.

I often wondered why liberal hate America so much they are willing to sell us out for more cheese and kool-aid.

Hey, where do I sign up for my free Obama welfare healthcare????

Liberals really thought it was going to be free! Shows just how stupid most of them are.

Wait until they find out nothing if free and Adolf Obama is going to force them to buy it and if they dont, wham, you get screwed.

WE ARE GOING TO TAKE BACK AMERICAN FROM THE INSANE LIBERALS WHO ARE HELL BENT ON DESTROYING AMERICA.

Sunny

I am the person who crushes liberals hopes and dreams all day long.

Last edited by Sunny-Days-in-Florida; 04-10-2010 at 08:16 PM..

Old 04-10-2010, 08:30 PM

425 posts, read 364,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
If they ever tried that the civil war in this country would be the end of the United States. I would go to war myself against the United States of America is they ever tried that no matter WHO was President.
Look whatever happens DC implementing sweeping reforms , and give amnesty to illegals in an attempt to redistribute wealth is a sure fire way to initiate social unrest. You got two extremes the thinkers and the breeders. Then you got the folks who think they are thinkers. The nation and world for that matter has been pushed past the point of no return in some regards. The blessing in disguise for those of us who hold to our roots and honor the God of mothers is quite simple. DC has bitten off way more than it can chew at home and abroad. The government is going to collapse no doubt about it.

What I said about the balance of power within the military is quite real. Nothing going on is a surprise to the inner circle of power. There have been think tanks / war rooms hashing out strategy since before WW2. They knew at the end of WW2 that the Internet was going happen they knew plenty .Covert operations have always tried to keep as far ahead of front office intelligence as they can. As much as I dislike the war machine is see its usefulness as it was inevitable. Some of the coolest heads are within the Navy. Our way out of this mess is within. I wouldn't be surprised to see mass deportations within the next few years. Even the established folks who let this mess happen should be shipped elsewhere to die in exile.

BTW you don't want to do anything violent. Trust me on that , temperance is the biggest friend you have. Moderation in all things.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:32 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,771,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
WE ARE GOING TO TAKE BACK AMERICAN FROM THE INSANE LIBERALS WHO ARE HELL BENT ON DESTROYING AMERICA.
Insane liberals or insane conservatives. We're playing Russian roulette with all chambers full.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies