Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 09:11 PM

425 posts, read 364,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
Insane liberals or insane conservatives. We're playing Russian roulette with all chambers full.
Would you care to estimate what percentage of the left or right are insane ? There are more of them than simply those who are making the news. The masses are quite capable of violence if they are not being placated sufficiently. I would take a good look at that aspect more than simply the folks who are shooting their mouths off. It's pretty clear to me that many college student's are capable of becoming violent . As soon as it is clear they wont be getting the funding they need to stay in school and they cant find jobs either look out. Good times are a coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 09:22 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,260,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi Dakota View Post
Would you care to estimate what percentage of the left or right are insane ? There are more of them than simply those who are making the news. The masses are quite capable of violence if they are not being placated sufficiently. I would take a good look at that aspect more than simply the folks who are shooting their mouths off. It's pretty clear to me that many college student's are capable of becoming violent . As soon as it is clear they wont be getting the funding they need to stay in school and they cant find jobs either look out. Good times are a coming.
Well about 20% of Americans are estimated as "mentally ill", by the Surgeon General. Others put the number around 30%.

That'd mean it would be between 10% and 15% on both sides of the isle.

I also have a cousin who is going to school for psychiatry. She said that everyone in the United States has some kind of mental health issue. If you're definition of insane is any kind of mental issue, well, thats 100% of them thats insane.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:58 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,893,077 times
what's going to happen is the teabaggers are going to hijack the conservative/republican party and that will be the beginning of their slow death...
Teabaggers are NOT independent voters.. they are not a majority..
They have every right to protest and carry on... but what is coming out of those teaparty protests are turning independent voters off and further isolating themselves as right wing loons. If it continues, it will hurt the chances of getting any conservative elected in the future. Just knowing that the teabaggers support a particular candidate will make many automatically NOT support the candidate.

It's going to be interesting.. because nobody in their right mind in the republican party is going to hardline with the teabaggers on issues because it would stomp out their chances, but running on a conservative platform they will need their votes... I think conservativism is going to take a back seat for a while while they clean house.. they've benefitted too much for too long from too many crazies that just always thought they were a majority when they really weren't. They were just used for votes by republicans to get into power.. Now those different crazy groups are at odds with each other about what conservativism is all about especially after the failures of Bush.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:15 AM

24,441 posts, read 33,078,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
Now those different crazy groups are at odds with each other about what conservativism is all about especially after the failures of Bush.
Bush was not a conservative.
[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-11-2010 at 06:38 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 04-11-2010, 05:01 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,360,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Kennedy is dead. Murtha is dead. Stupak and Pelosi have death threats. Looks like "conservatism" is a little lower on the list of who is dead.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:25 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,530,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
Kennedy is dead. Murtha is dead. Stupak and Pelosi have death threats. Looks like "conservatism" is a little lower on the list of who is dead.
What a ridiculous analogy. And it almost sounds like you're hoping that Stupak and Pelosi are assassinated.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:25 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,360,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What a ridiculous analogy. And it almost sounds like you're hoping that Stupak and Pelosi are assassinated.
Your assumption makes about as much sense as the hypothesis of the thread. The extremist liberalism of people like Pelosi GUARANTEE that Conservatism will not die.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:57 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,674,348 times
Quote:

Well, I will have said it once, but I will say it again.

Typical of left leaning people who identify themselves as liberals, or progressives, or democrats, there is an effort to push our society in the direction they feel is correct.

In order to do this however, you have to be able to get the populace behind you. The easiest way to do this, and get the "change" to align with your ideology, is to attempt to tell everybody how wrong the country has been for years.

You have to convince people that the way we have been doing things is wrong, and that there has to be a change for the good.

Thus, this article. Case and point.

You might be ok with demonizing an entire country for your own selfish agenda, but the majority of Americans won't agree with your position. We DONT think this is a bad country, an evil one, or do we believe that the basis and principles of our society should change. In fact, many people might argue that we are the most charitable, highest human rights activists, most free, fairest country the world has ever seen.

I come from the mid-west, were the majority of people are moderates. Reublican and democrat, and I am here to tell you that they don't agree with your idea that our country is doing it all wrong. They don't agree that we need to change a considerable amount of aspects of our society.

Most importantly, conservatism from both republicans and democrats is not "dead".

Pretty sad really that you and the author feel the need to make our this country to be so evil. I wonder if either of you have ever spent a significant amount of time anywhere else. My guess is no.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:03 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,674,348 times
Also interesting to note from the article:

"Then came 9/11 and the debacle of the Iraq war, where the GOP lost credibility"

"Nonetheless, the Federal bureaucracy grew during the Bush presidency."

"During the Bush Administration, the Federal deficit became a serious impediment to US economic growth."

"Eight years of George W. Bush -- touted as America's first "CEO president" -- proved this to be a lie."

QUICK! Talk more about republicans, beck, rush, the tea party, and of course Bush so we can try and make everybody forget about the failures of the current administration!

Hmm.. this seems to be a popular trend lately.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:22 PM

77,773 posts, read 103,988,549 times
Quote:
thank you for you insight after reading such an article. I will remember this in years to come, just like the comments about liberalism being dead...It is always important to pay attention to what is written in the Huffington Post by the way cause nothing there is biased...

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies