Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 09:12 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitwishes View Post
I know the law is on her side in this IF she was kicked out for breastfeeding however; what do you guys think? Should breastfeeding mothers cover it up out of courtesy or "let it all hang out" so to speak?
I once saw a cow of a girl at a McDonalds expose her entire chest, baby laying on the table in front of her with milk dripping from both breasts. It was rather disgusting for all other patrons in the place trying to enjoy a meal they paid for, just so this mother could let it all hang out.

There's also a new trend of changing their babies diapers out where the whole world can see. Restaurant table, dirty diaper? No problem, these mothers are pure exhibitionists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 09:12 AM

11,318 posts, read 16,634,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Especially in the summer when it is hot?
Then stay home in your cool house or find a public place that has AC.

I have no problem with breastfeeding, but use discretion.

You're not the first woman to do this and no one wants to see it.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:20 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I once saw a cow of a girl at a McDonalds expose her entire chest, baby laying on the table in front of her with milk dripping from both breasts. It was rather disgusting for all other patrons in the place trying to enjoy a meal they paid for, just so this mother could let it all hang out.

There's also a new trend of changing their babies diapers out where the whole world can see. Restaurant table, dirty diaper? No problem, these mothers are pure exhibitionists.
On the diaper issue, I agree with you. That is a matter of public health. However, no woman should be called a "cow" or a "girl" for that matter. If she was old enough to have a baby, she wasn't a girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Then stay home in your cool house or find a public place that has AC.
(Re: a putting a blanket over a baby to breast feed)

My kids just didn't like the blankets over their heads. Even when quite tiny, they'd bat them off. Even in air-conditioning. Even at home, as when someone was visiting.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:22 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,647,635 times
Oh, the mother and child should stay home?
Why don't you just stay home???
Who really cares what you want to see when a baby is hungry.
I sat in filthy bathrooms so you wouldn't be offended and am very glad that no one cares now if you are offended or not.
Are you offended to turn on your tv, go to the show, rent movies?

Old 04-10-2010, 09:24 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Depends.....my sister breast fed her baby in a restaurant one time and I never knew it nor did anyone dining with us...classy and DISCREET!

However, if we have one of those "OH MOTHERHOOD IS SO WONDERFUL LOOK AT ME I'M A MOTHER" types who whips up her blouse exposing herself UNNECESSARILY then she should be thrown out for ruining the other diner's meal and sent for counseling.
Bethany Morton...looked up the state statute on breastfeeding in public and learned that she could feed her child basically whenever and wherever she wanted, she said.
Her research came in handy Easter weekend when, at incidents in two cities, she was asked to cover up while breastfeeding. In the most serious case, police were called.

Reading this, I have the feeling that she set about looking to start trouble.

I breast fed my first child, was sick and due to meds couldn't breast feed the second. I wore clothes to make the transition to nursing as discrete as possible if nursing were to occur in a public place. I also brought bottled breast milk with me for situations where public breastfeeding might not be easily performed.

Why wasn't that an option for this mother?

Old 04-10-2010, 09:27 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Bethany Morton...looked up the state statute on breastfeeding in public and learned that she could feed her child basically whenever and wherever she wanted, she said.
Her research came in handy Easter weekend when, at incidents in two cities, she was asked to cover up while breastfeeding. In the most serious case, police were called.

Reading this, I have the feeling that she set about looking to start trouble.

I breast fed my first child, was sick and due to meds couldn't breast feed the second. I wore clothes to make the transition to nursing as discrete as possible if nursing were to occur in a public place. I also brought bottled breast milk with me for situations where public breastfeeding might not be easily performed.

Why wasn't that an option for this mother?
I had one kid who refused to take a bottle. Which would you rather see/hear, a kid being breastfed, quietly at a table, or a screaming hungry infant, annoying everyone?

Old 04-10-2010, 09:29 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,292,271 times
As long as there's no slurping sounds.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:30 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,647,635 times
Why is the person who is so offended looking in the first place???

Old 04-10-2010, 09:33 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,734,508 times
Why are humans offended by the human form? Sounds like a psychological problem.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:36 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,113,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
They use to make us go sit in a dirty bathroom so they wouldn't be offended.
Why would you take your baby and yourself to a restaurant that has dirty bathrooms???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies