Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 03:08 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Now THAT is one sick exhibitionist needy, attention seeking screwed up broad!

Sheeeesh! Even my mares went off by themselves, away from the herd, to have their foals...what a pig this woman must be.

Since this a PARTY maybe she'll have it on a restaurant table so food and drinks can be served and strangers can watch, too!!!
Quote:
I...that is truly sick...do these conceited, needy women really think no one else has ever had a baby and they will have something more interesting/better looking/different...for people to see ????
But, I suppose that since SOME posters think doing anything "natural" in public is OK, this chick will choose a sports bar and have it on the big screen...
Quote:
Giving birth is a natural beautiful and VERY COMMON event JUST LIKE HAVING SEX (which undoubtly she wishes everyone could watch... did she invite the family to watch the conception? Why not!!!???)
....that woman has nothing new to offer. For her to think that she and her child are so special that others can't wait 20 minutes to see the baby is narcisstic and shows either a need for attention or a sick exhibitionism.

Wait til she finds out that once the baby gets here she'll have to SHARE the spotlight!!
Quote:
No, I don't need to "get over" this.

I don't find it offensive, I find it stupid and egotistical.

It's not a communal event, a block party is.

And the joy of having a child can be celebrated AFTER it's born.

Why didn't she invite her entire family to the conception?

Her episodes of morning sickness? Her hemmies?
Quote:
I don't understand why you attack me and can't address my posts.

I can't understand why you're telling me what to and what to feel and can't address the post.

I am expressing an opinion. If you detect animosity in opinions because they differ from your's, than maybe this isn't the place for you....
I did address your initial posts; your rants...er responses are above. Why would I waste my time responding to such illogical, irrational nonsense.

Please point out where I have "attacked" you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 04:01 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
This is not new - I know women who have had a crowd in the delivery room.

25 years ago, a work colleague brought a photo album of her daughter's birth to work - and I mean, "of the birth" - and passed it around during lunch. There were men present, I don't remember if they viewed the photos. I remember being a bit taken aback at the time.
Quote:
Some women are just more "earthy" than others and believe that giving birth is a natural, beautiful event, to be celebrated by as many as possible. Certainly wasn't my style, but, to each their own.

It's interesting that your first response is to assume the woman is narcissistic and craving attention. What's that all about??
Quote:
You kind of need to get over this. For many families, giving birth is a communal event - it's not all about the mother, it's about the actual birth.

Why does it offend you so much?
Quote:
I really don't understand the animosity. It's not your thing, so don't do it.
""""Why would I waste my time responding to such illogical, irrational nonsense."""

I don't know...why did you?

As you can see, few of your posts address the topic... I think you're just terribly upset that I didn't follow your orders...LOL!

Old 04-14-2010, 04:40 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
""""Why would I waste my time responding to such illogical, irrational nonsense."""

I don't know...why did you?

As you can see, few of your posts address the topic... I think you're just terribly upset that I didn't follow your orders...LOL!
Quote:
I don't understand why you attack me and can't address my posts.

I can't understand why you're telling me what to and what to feel and can't address the post.
Hey - you're the one who asked why I didn't address your posts. I assumed you meant each and every point of each and every one. LOL

Old 04-14-2010, 05:13 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
It's a boob. Who cares if they are flopping about. Whether a kid is attached to it or not, it's just a boob. Jeeze people act as if it is going to eat them alive if it gets out of it's nest. Personally, breastfeeding woman don't bother me. But, I don't understand the double standard of men being able to be shirtless, but woman cannot. Makes absolutely no sense at all!

Old 04-14-2010, 05:15 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
^^^Also in the section about pregnancy in the link I posted:

On the other hand, moving out of the parents' house and into an apartment, setting up housekeeping with a partner, and having a baby can be emancipation, because the totality of the circumstances shows an intent to be free of the parents' custody, control, and support. Champagne v. Passons, 95 Cal. App. 15, 272 P. 353 (1928) (daughter had child, was engaged to child's father, spent every weekend with him, and opened joint checking account with him);

The 15 year old doesn't have to marry the baby's father to be emancipated.
The girl in the case stated was engaged and had engaged in a step an engaged couple would undertake, as well as spent time with the father, which might be a reasonable indication of the couple's intention to wed.

The pregnant teens (my experience only) I've seen seldom leave the parental home. Outside of local experience, there's a show on MTV which 'celebrates' teen pregnancy and the majority of the teens on this show are living under their mom &/or dad's roof.

But I digress.

Bethany is an adult who used the breast feeding in a restaurant situation to get her 15 mins of fame. Any mention of a lawsuit and violation of civil rights, yet?

Old 04-14-2010, 05:25 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
It may not be new but I have never heard of sending out invitations as if this is a social event...that is truly sick...do these conceited, needy women really think no one else has ever had a baby and they will have something more interesting/better looking/different...for people to see ????
But, I suppose that since SOME posters think doing anything "natural" in public is OK, this chick will choose a sports bar and have it on the big screen...
Welcome friends for this week's episode of Wide World of Birth!

Last week little Bruno amazed the crowd crowning in record time...will the record stand, or will little Olga from the Ukraine dominate the birth canal?

Now for a word from our sponsors:

Lactate house -- nipple pads for the discerning breast feeder. Lactate House -- when you want to keep it off your blouse!

Epistitchery keeps you tight. It's the first time everytime with Epistichery brand thread!

Old 04-14-2010, 06:59 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post

Last week little Bruno amazed the crowd crowning in record time...will the record stand, or will little Olga from the Ukraine dominate the birth canal?

Lactate house -- nipple pads for the discerning breast feeder. Lactate House -- when you want to keep it off your blouse!

Epistitchery keeps you tight. It's the first time everytime with Epistichery brand thread!
LOL! Don't forget the makeup and "HAIR" do's for those natural shots of birth........

...will the conception have instant replays for all those "it's all NATURAL" fans so they miss nothing of ...????? Can the kiddies have popcorn while they watch???

Old 04-15-2010, 01:36 AM

1,208 posts, read 1,831,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
It's a boob. Who cares if they are flopping about. Whether a kid is attached to it or not, it's just a boob. Jeeze people act as if it is going to eat them alive if it gets out of it's nest. Personally, breastfeeding woman don't bother me. But, I don't understand the double standard of men being able to be shirtless, but woman cannot. Makes absolutely no sense at all!
How would you feel if you and your family were out to dinner at a restaurant and the guy at the next table whipped out his penis and started flapping it around? How would that work for you and your family?

What's more...what if his wife started publically sucking him off right there in the restaurant? Would you be ok with that? Afterall, it's just a penis.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:42 AM

1,208 posts, read 1,831,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post

lolololololol!!! Hilarious! I think The Wide World of Bertha" should have a regular spot on the air!

Old 04-15-2010, 01:54 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,944 times
Quote:
Depends.....my sister breast fed her baby in a restaurant one time and I never knew it nor did anyone dining with us...classy and DISCREET!

However, if we have one of those "OH MOTHERHOOD IS SO WONDERFUL LOOK AT ME I'M A MOTHER" types who whips up her blouse exposing herself UNNECESSARILY then she should be thrown out for ruining the other diner's meal and sent for counseling.
um .. yes .. classy and DISCREET! .. is usually the best. Most women are aware of the sensibilities of others and keep it all fairly low keyed ..

In cases of the OH MOTHERHOOD IS SO WONDERFUL types .. I couldn't agree with you more ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies