Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 10:56 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
well look maybe the other side has a point. Maybe they felt this way too but like I said I never felt this way. My problem really is that I almost feel like if the left could convert me I could really be great on there side!! I have so much anger and rage so it would be to their assest to want me!!!

no one wants anger and rage. it's only politics lighten up this crap changes every four years. if you are a conservative that is what you are. perhaps you should go to the republican's website see if you agree with their mission statement, then do the same for the dems. maybe you are an independent. anger and rage is never a good thing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 10:59 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you should have paid more attention before obama came into to office. most presidents make the opposite party feel disapproval. this feeling of division is one reason why bush left office with a very low approval rating. most people felt very divided then. Bush was not even welcome at his own parties convention. that should have been his farewell party, a place to pat him on the back for all that he did in his presidency, instead they asked him not to show up for fear his presence would cost the republicans votes. pretty sad. he was not even well approved of by his own party. most of the dems still approve of obama. maybe you should read more about past presidents you might get a better perspective on things. obama is doing a lot of what he said he would when he was running for office.
I agree!!! Good post ! I never realized the left was so bashed when bush was in office. Its like the old saying You hate unions until your in one!

Old 04-10-2010, 11:34 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Do you have input to the government on the local, state and federal levels?

Do you have input to corporate policies?

Do corporations have input to the government?

Clean your glasses, man.
I have more input in business than politics. Regardless of who is a "representative", they can do anything they wish after they are elected. It is like voting for a dictator. (And no, I don't think that the "majority" has any right to impose it's will either. Nine bullies beating on an individual is not "just".)

And once those clowns make a preferential law, that is it, you have to be a "criminal" to be free.

Businesses, I can choose to give them my money or not. But I am only a single consumer so I have little influence there either.

What is your point? That groups try to influence government to abuse others? I know that, that is why I am against preferential law.

Like I have said before, I could care less which group is wielding government power against others. Any group with an special interest agenda is wrong. MY eyes are wide open and clear. Those who are only upset because they are not the tyrants in power are the ones who need glasses. (and mirrors)

Live and let live.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:56 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I thought he was going to bring the whole country together! The biggest problem I see now is that I have become a racist, a teabagger, a conservative wacko , and a terrorist to my own country. I never felt this way before Obama. I thought we were going to not be so divided this time. I have never felt so divided in my whole 43 years of life!!!

I dont say too much but this man is dividing the whole world.

Its funny but I have learned so much from this forum and listen to both sides and sometimes I get it right! I really feel this way. Its sad. Stupid little old me has an opinion and I guess no one can bash me, I did not mention Beck, Fox, or Rush! I feel very like a terrorist in my own country now. I feel like I cant say what I want anymore. I feel like when I finally am getting it right , its too late.
I pretty much agree with you. My biggest problem with him is his arrogance.

Nita

Old 04-10-2010, 02:18 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Originally Posted by stevemorse
I thought he was going to bring the whole country together! The biggest problem I see now is that I have become a racist, a teabagger, a conservative wacko , and a terrorist to my own country. I never felt this way before Obama. I thought we were going to not be so divided this time. I have never felt so divided in my whole 43 years of life!!!

I dont say too much but this man is dividing the whole world.

Its funny but I have learned so much from this forum and listen to both sides and sometimes I get it right! I really feel this way. Its sad. Stupid little old me has an opinion and I guess no one can bash me, I did not mention Beck, Fox, or Rush! I feel very like a terrorist in my own country now. I feel like I cant say what I want anymore. I feel like when I finally am getting it right , its too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
It's pretty easy to make a claim like this if you don't mind lying about everything.

It is simply false that liberals say that everyone who opposes Obama's policies is a racist, a teabagger, a conservative wacko, or a terrorist.

On the other hand, if you are one of those people who carry around racist caricatures of Obama in stereotypical African tribal gear, or posters of the supposed watermelon patch at the White House, you are, in fact, a racist.

If you are one of those people who claims that the new health care law includes death panels to kill old people, provides health insurance for illegal aliens, constitutes a government takeover of the health care system, or will create an unprecedented government interference in your Medicare benefits, you are, in fact, a conservative wacko.

If you are someone who claims that President Obama was not born in the United States, is a communist, fascist, atheist, or Muslim, or is trying to enable terrorists to attack the United States, you are a conservative wacko.

If you are someone who flies your airplane into a building occupied by government offices, or throws bricks through the offices of your duly-elected representatives in Congress, or threatens to kill a member of Congress, or forms an armed group with the intention of killing police officers and then killing more people at their funerals, you are, in fact, a terrorist.

See how that works?
Three posts from the OP since this post, but no response to this.

I guess we know now that he wasn't interested in a substantive discussion. Just another right-wing rant.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:38 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
So many voted for this Man, on the Bogus Lies of a NEW ERA OF HOPE AND A PROMISE OF NEW CHANGE. This is not what those who voted for him, expected. He has devided Us. The Promises that he made so very often in Campaign Speeches, were just that, Speeches, that sounded good, and oh so many of you believed in his smokescreen of a new HOPE AND CHANGE FOR THE BETTER. If this is what so many of you signed up for, i pity you. Things are starting to change ever slowly, and not for the better, we are on a downhill sprial, and getting out of control. Is this the Change you all wanted. So many have lost jobs, or have been demoted, so many people i even know have lost jobs, and their homes, too many for comfort, and in all 50 states. The economy ispite of what has been told to us, is a farce, just look around and tell me what you see. Things are not working out for Obama, he seemed to have forgotten, that this was a job he signed up for.

Old 04-10-2010, 05:02 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,864,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Don't feel bad ;his homeland securtiy cheif thinks that the police need to track veterans as potential terroist candidates. it makes me wander what he and she have i mind to do to the veterans.He also thinks that its doesn;t matter what the epople think or that legislators need to read bills they vote on. AS Rohm says never let a crisis go to waste.A man that thinks he is drowning man will grab at anything.
Don't even get me started on Janet Napolitano. Basically, she did the same thing to Arizona that Obama is doing to the country. She left the state in a fiscal mess, allowed 700,000 illegal aliens to enter the state freely, cut the funding for the border fence. I imagine she is more worried about tracking veterans than she is about tracking Al Queda. It makes me wonder why Barack selected her to Homeland Security chief.

Old 04-10-2010, 05:31 PM

140 posts, read 129,043 times
Yes, just like Bush brought the country together by saying if you questioned the war you were a traitor.

Old 04-10-2010, 06:01 PM

Look Im here, its just I was wrong. Pointed out to me others have felt this way when Bush was in office. SO I was wrong its really not an Obama issue, its a sour grapes issue on my part. I can admit when I am wrong!

Old 04-10-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
So many voted for this Man, on the Bogus Lies of a NEW ERA OF HOPE AND A PROMISE OF NEW CHANGE. This is not what those who voted for him, expected. He has devided Us. The Promises that he made so very often in Campaign Speeches, were just that, Speeches, that sounded good, and oh so many of you believed in his smokescreen of a new HOPE AND CHANGE FOR THE BETTER. If this is what so many of you signed up for, i pity you. Things are starting to change ever slowly, and not for the better, we are on a downhill sprial, and getting out of control. Is this the Change you all wanted. So many have lost jobs, or have been demoted, so many people i even know have lost jobs, and their homes, too many for comfort, and in all 50 states. The economy ispite of what has been told to us, is a farce, just look around and tell me what you see. Things are not working out for Obama, he seemed to have forgotten, that this was a job he signed up for.
I did want to believe in something better!! If we dont have that what do we have. Everyone has to have a dream and hope. I still hope I am wrong!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies