Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2010, 11:28 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times

Advertisements

I found a link that says if you look at American history the Tea Party people ARE the mainstream in this country.

It's the people that oppose the Tea Party movement that are extremist.

Interesting. It's a website form my howmtown and I never even heard of it. Just kinda tripped across it. I bookmarked it.

Once again:

Tea Party people=mainsteam

Tea Party opposition=extremists.

Here is the link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
No..the survey refers to " White Tea Party supporters", not all white people..

Check it out, they don't like anybody different from themselves:
Your describing a typical Republican - the Tea Partiers
are just an extension of them.

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
I am "white" (three-fourths) and I don't see him as a hater at all. I am not from a southern state nor were my ancestors, so don't even try the "white guilt" thing on me. My family has only been in the US for a couple of generations and we are mixed-race.

I think that a fairly substantial, but unquantifiable amount of "conservative" Americans' distrust of Obama stems from his skin color. I only need to hear "Chicago Thug!" and the like, more than a few times to know discrimination when I see it. Not to mention right-wing pundits making use of his skin color to create "jokes". An ex girlfriend of mine is all into the tea partier thing and she calls Obama an African ape who she says she will never recognize as president - on her Facebook status. Like moths to a flame, more right-wing racists respond to her. I had to make a special feed to put her and a couple of other nutters into because it got so bad. Then there's the "libertarians" where I work... heh... the racist jokes with regard to Obama are the staple diet these days.

You may personally not allow race to creep into it - but others certainly do.

That said, I differ from the OP in that I don't think it's just the Tea Party. They are just the focal point - the beam of a magnifying glass. There is plenty of distrust on the right due to race and it isn't just coming from Tea Partiers.

You all posting in this thread may not personally be racist but that hardly means it doesn't exist and it's that sort of attitude - refusing to acknowledge prejudice - that has historically contributed to delaying or denying equal rights progress for women and minorities.
Thank you for coming to my defense and then for the rest of this great post.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:29 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I know you weren't and neither that nor this reply is aimed at you. I was just using your comment to add my opinions.

I'm disagreeing that everyone is scared of being labeled a racists. I attend Tea Party functions. If there was a "membership" then I would be a member. If that makes me a racist in some people's minds then so be it. Anyone who has been through Algebra 1 knows that if A=B and B=C then A=C. Based on that, Tea Party members = racist. Robert_J is a Tea Party "member". So call me whatever you want to in this forum. I'll be at the April 15 local event. Find me there and get to know me. Otherwise name calling just makes you guys (not you Ohio) look like elementary school kids on the playground.
Yeah and those signs that always make the news at these events are so mature.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I know you weren't and neither that nor this reply is aimed at you. I was just using your comment to add my opinions.

I'm disagreeing that everyone is scared of being labeled a racists. I attend Tea Party functions. If there was a "membership" then I would be a member. If that makes me a racist in some people's minds then so be it. Anyone who has been through Algebra 1 knows that if A=B and B=C then A=C. Based on that, Tea Party members = racist. Robert_J is a Tea Party "member". So call me whatever you want to in this forum. I'll be at the April 15 local event. Find me there and get to know me. Otherwise name calling just makes you guys (not you Ohio) look like elementary school kids on the playground.
Gotcha.

Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a misunderstanding.

I've never been to a Tea PArty event but I'm glad people are going. I think it's greeat people want to get involved.

Here's a link about how the Tea Party is mainstream America.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Yeah and those signs that always make the news at these events are so mature.

So the anti-Bush signs at Iraq war protests were enlightened?

Or how 'bout calling people "teabaggers" that's real mature. LOLs.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:46 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Your point is wrong.
prove it

Old 04-10-2010, 11:53 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
So the anti-Bush signs at Iraq war protests were enlightened?

Or how 'bout calling people "teabaggers" that's real mature. LOLs.

So's whining about it. Or sniveling about being referred to as "rednecks"..

You guys even complain about "Faux" being used to describe Murdoch's propaganda channel..

The RW can dish it out...but they sure as heck can't take it.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
prove it
I can't prove you're wrong anymore than you can prove you're right.

You're going on your personal experiences. I'm going on mine.

Nothing wrong with that.

Look at the video posted on the previous page. about Ron Paul.

You will see clips of CNN and MSNBC showing the Tea Party started in 2007. Obama wasn't even the leading candidate for the democratic nomination then. Hillary was.

That proves the Tea Party movement is about smaller government. Not because Obama is black.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
So's whining about it. Or sniveling about being referred to as "rednecks"..

You guys even complain about "Faux" being used to describe Murdoch's propaganda channel..

The RW can dish it out...but they sure as heck can't take it.
I don't know what to tell you. I'm not a right winger. I'm more of an anarchist. Or Voluntaryist. I don't have use for republicans or democrats.

I believe in liberty. Therefore it is hard for me to support democrats or republicans. Both parties believe in tyranny. Government is the negation of liberty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies