Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2010, 09:28 AM

9,890 posts, read 10,822,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
WTF! This is my response to this persons post. What are you talking about?
Your response made absolutely no sense what so ever, in regards to the thread or the post you were responding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 10:51 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
So you make the rules. Anything discussed before cannot be discussed again.

I don't want to see anymore Bush, Chaney etc. postings.

Get real. The poster doesn't like someone using Obamas real middle name and says it isn't normal. I only cited another case. Get over it.
No, I wasn't saying that. I said it had been discussed. Thoroughly. Are you joking? You're telling me not to tell YOU what to post, then say you don't want to see anymore (sic) Bush, Chaney (sic) etc. postings?

No one calls Obama "Hussein", let alone "hussein", another act of disrespect.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:04 AM

760 posts, read 1,271,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
If you read this article it says "whites that approve of the Tea Party movement" feel this way about blacks. It doesn't say Tea Party members feel that way.
Nice try but your thread FAILS.
I thought the teabagging party had no members. I wish you guys would make up your minds, either you have members or you don't.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:32 AM

438 posts, read 503,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I guess you never heard Preident Bush called W, have you?

He is sometimes referred to by his middle innital or as Dubya, the phonetic play on W , to differentiate him from his dad George H W Bush. Since there has never been a past president called Barack Obama, there is no need to use Obama's middle name Hussein as a means to differentiate .

Old 04-11-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
You mean like you did a couple of posts back...............Dubya, purposefully misspelling it at that. Me thinks you just exposed yourself.
Does Dubya carry a negative connotation? Was there another President named George Bush? Dubya is not a mispelling, it is just a phonetic play on W that people sometimes use .

Old 04-11-2010, 11:45 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
He is sometimes referred to by his middle innital or as Dubya, the phonetic play on W , to differentiate him from his dad George H W Bush. Since there has never been a past president called Barack Obama, there is no need to use Obama's middle name Hussein as a means to differentiate .
So the title of Oliver Stone's movie W. (aka Bush) is meant to distinguish what... Dubya from M. ?

Old 04-11-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
So the title of Oliver Stone's movie W. (aka Bush) is meant to distinguish what... Dubya from M. ?
It is meant to distinguish the 1st Bush president from the 2nd president Bush. Or it could be Stone thought that simply saying W not only tells people the movie is about the 2nd Bush but that W by itself has more presence due to its curtness.

Saying W or Dubya is the same thing, the latter is just how some people pronounce W.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:57 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
I was watching an avowed tea bagger yesterday get up and address Rick Santorum at the SRLC and in her words she said she is tired that in America she calls a company and she has to dial 1 for English and that she was sick of it! An obvious reference to the Spanish language.
The entire room practically stood up and clapped & cheered! Way to go conservatives on how to endear yourself to hispanics who voted for Obama at nearly 66%!

Old 04-11-2010, 11:59 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW transplant View Post
Better tell those school kids in New Jersey they were attempting to differentiate.

'Barack Hussein Obama...mmmm...mmmm.mmmm"

Old 04-11-2010, 12:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
Better tell those school kids in New Jersey they were attempting to differentiate.

'Barack Hussein Obama...mmmm...mmmm.mmmm"
Differetiate what? His father is dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies