Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 09:11 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,301,157 times

Advertisements

The building tradesmen have been talking about this for some time now.
Frankly its an effort to reign in the house flippers.........
The ones that buy a bad house, that needs a lot of work, slap a coat of paint on and then flip it for a profit.
Having been involved in housing inspections I am appalled at the level of shoddy and down right criminal work I have seen.

Im not saying its a good idea, but some of those houses really do need to come down or have serious money placed into them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 09:11 AM

27,217 posts, read 46,787,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Maybe they meant "Jewish lightning"...burning down your house for the insurance money.

Urban Dictionary: Jewish Lightning
"Supposed cause of fire deliberately arranged by the owner to burn down a property or business in order to benefit from insurance money or similar, such as destruction of documents and records."
Thanks for the link....I still don't know what to think of it...

Old 04-11-2010, 10:04 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,097,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Having been involved in housing inspections I am appalled at the level of shoddy and down right criminal work I have seen.
To the best of my knowledge the building code being discussed here does not address health and safety issues which is what traditional building codes address. It's about efficiency.

In fact I would suggest it could be detrimental to safety, suppose you live in an area where you might want to opt for stronger windows. Right now you might have the choice of really strong windows, really efficient windows or widows that are both really strong and really efficient. While the first two choices might cost $300 the last one might be $500. If we require the homeowner to have efficiency they will have to forgo safety and opt for the second choice if they can't afford the $500 window.

As I pointed out before you may have homeowners that might opt to do nothing if they can no longer find cheaper windows that may not be as good as windows that meet government specs but do provide some improvement.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:42 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,372,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Post your source or it's obvious BS.
I had a source, but I guess not allowed, as it was cut by the Moderator

Old 04-14-2010, 05:45 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,715,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
A licence Required for your Home? What else will Obama do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A License Required for your HOUSE?....a long read, but worth knowing

A License will be required for your house...no longer just for cars and mobile homes....Thinking about selling your house? Take a look at H.R. 2454 (Cap and Trade bill). This is unbelievable! Home owners take note and tell your friends and relatives who are home owners!

[MOD CUT]/copyright]
The Federal Observer » 04.09.10 UPDATE: Thinking about selling your house? - A look at H.R. 2454 (Cap and trade bill)
You mean you can sell it now without a Title?

Old 04-14-2010, 05:52 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,843,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Why don't those decrying the post prove the "lies" ? Seems no one is willing. Easier to cry liar than to prove it eh?

I've heard Obama holds seances and sacrifies chickens to his personal demon god on the White House lawn, late at night. His wife and children are unaware of this, thank God. It's the reason why he became President.

The Chicken God of Doom.

PROVE ME WRONG.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:00 PM

948 posts, read 895,062 times
What else will do? Well, the FCC is trying to control all aspects of communication. Internet, TV, radio, phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies