Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 09:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,745 times

Advertisements

I know this is probably old news BUT I would really appreciate if you could let me know any more information on this topic. My child attends that school as well. I have noticed certain situations that strikes me as inappropriate behavior. I believe administration is very tolerant and I dont understand why? You havent been on this forum in awhile but if you do come back. Im all ears. We have actually met before. Over the years. So I hope you get this message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 09:20 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
All I want to know is, where were these hot female teachers that love sleeping with 13-year-olds when I was in 8th grade?!?
LOL. Moms and dads everywhere are going crazy over this (and rightfully so). Meanwhile, horny teen boys everywhere are secretly hoping they have a hot "deviant" teacher.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:23 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegmomof4 View Post
I am wondering if my school district is the norm, or if we are really the exception out there. Currently, in Union County Public Schools in North Carolina, there are FOUR teachers with charges pending for having sexual relationships with students. In one case, the teacher left and was hired in South Carolina.
I am horrified by this. Is this something that is that wide spread in all school districts? Any feedback is appreciated.

I am seeking to remedy parts of this by asking for more rigid reporting requirements, and hope to have the law tightened down to avoid sexual offenders from seeking employment in other counties or states.
This is just like the bad doctors and the hospitals. They pass 'em around because they are afraid of being sued.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:31 AM

749 posts, read 946,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
I wonder what was the substitute teacher thinking? The teacher should be fired. The movie is rated R (and this almost got the NC-17 rating!). You don't show rated R movies to kids without permission from parents let alone a movie with such a controversial topic. When I was in school (late 90s) we would have to have permission slips from the parents. Then again, I went to a private school, but still.

My school rocked, though. We got to watch good films like Gettysburg, Saving Private Ryan, etc--films that you can actually learn something from.
My films class consisted of movies like "I Love You, Alice B. Toklas!" and "Timothy Leary"

Old 04-28-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
All I want to know is, where were these hot female teachers that love sleeping with 13-year-olds when I was in 8th grade?!?
I had a couple of high school teachers that could seduced me without any argument from me. They were smokin' hot, but that was in the 70's and teachers did not do that back then, although I tried.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Two Bountiful Jr. High teachers accused of sex with same student - Salt Lake Tribune
The big list: Female teachers with students
The second link shows over 150 female teachers who had sex with their students. Could not find a list of male teachers. Wonder why the press isn't covering this sex scandal the way they did the priest sex scandal?
That's one lucky kid.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:15 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
This is a media-driven tempest in a teapot. These are not little kids the teachers are "abusing", they are willing teenagers. I don't think anyone ought to be in danger of going to prison for consensual sex with a teenager.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:50 PM

4 posts, read 9,194 times
"While it may be wrong and immoral for the math teacher to be interested, his hormones start raging when he sees that 16 year old flaunting around the room in skimpy clothing."

Except an adult should be able to control themselves and if they can't there is something very wrong. A 16 y.o does not have the maturity to judge whether or not doing her math teacher is a good idea. The front part of the brain controls impulse decisions among other things and it does not fully develop until the early 20s. These kids think they know what they're doing but its usually not the case.

"This is a media-driven tempest in a teapot. These are not little kids the teachers are "abusing", they are willing teenagers. "

See above. Also a teacher/student relationship is ripe for a power inbalance and manipulation on part of the teacher. Teens make poor choices all the time. They think "it will never be me". This is why we make it illegal for them to do certain things.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:29 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyKB215 View Post
See above. Also a teacher/student relationship is ripe for a power inbalance and manipulation on part of the teacher. Teens make poor choices all the time. They think "it will never be me". This is why we make it illegal for them to do certain things.
I'm not much of an egalitarian, so "power imbalance" arguments don't fly very far with me. But either way, I merely said they shouldn't go to prison over it. Firing the teachers and making sure they pursue another line of work seems like a happy medium between a prison term and giving permission for the sex.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:42 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
We have had cases of teachers and students 13 /14 years of age - in cases like this - throw the teaches ass in jail for a very long time. And, women teachers should get the same sentences as male teachers.

Here in Phoenix, we are now dealing with a "Love Triangle" that resulted in a murder - a 43 year old female teacher, having an affair with one of her students (17 at the time) - went on for a while - supposedly they got "engaged". He goes into the Navy - comes home on leave and finds her in bed with another one of her high school students. He goes nuts and kills the 18 year old -

The first guy has been charged with 2nd degree murder - it is expected she will be charged shortly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies