Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 12:14 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times

Advertisements

The really deep issue here is the threats Iran has made if they are attacked.

They have suggested that if attacked, they will bomb all the oil production in the middle east.

that would send gas prices sky high. such an action is far worse than any fight between Israel and Iran that might result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 12:28 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Moving towards nuclear abilities with a death target on Israel. The U.S. China trying to negotiate sanctions which most believe will never work and Israel making plans. Just asking. Would like to know who thinks what.....?

No worries- Barry just reaffirmed the USA's positon with regard to nukes. The Messiah has spoken and all is well. Where the heck have you been?

Old 04-12-2010, 12:36 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I am not concerned with the past, current or future actions of Iran. I do not believe we have anything to worry about.

Except losing most of our fleet in the Persian Gulf if we attack Iran even with provocation.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:43 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The problem is blatant hypocrisy, and total arrogance on the part of Israel and the United States who has been subverted by the most arrogant, racist regime on planet earth today.

The United States continuous subversion of Iran's internal affairs for the better part of 60 years is well documented, including the encouragement of Iraq and the CIA's puppet, Saddam Hussein's war with them, including the WMDs provided by the US to Iraq to be used against the Iranians.

The fact that it is against US law to provide foreign aid to any country who possesses Nuclear weapons who have not signed the non-proliferation treaty (Read: Israel), compounds the tensions, along with making every congressman, and every executive administration who have supported such aid to Israel as criminals and traitors. THAT IS A FACT.

Just as importantly, Iran has not invaded any country ... unlike the US, Israel, and Iraq (acting on US encouragement). Iran has been the victim of constant outside interference and threats, so if they truly desire such weapons (which they deny), who could blame them? Israel makes no secret of their ill intent toward Iran, so any threat Iran may pose to Israel is within the framework of defending themselves against the real, and well demonstrated threat Israel poses to the entire region.

I know this is not the common understanding among the American people, as they've been propagandized for so long now by the Jewish controlled media, but those are the facts, nonetheless.

If the United States would endeavor to act responsibly, and conduct our foreign policy with an even, and legal hand, rather that allow Israel to terrorize and threaten it's neighbors in the region CONSTANTLY ... a spirit of cooperation between the Jews and Arabs and Persians might become possible. But so long as it is a completely one sided affair, with Israel demanding total hegemony over the entire region, fear and resistance to that scenario will continue, justifiably.
Are you finished apologizing for Iran yet?

Your entire premise leans on Israel's "ill-intent towards Iran." You should qualify this statement if you're going to outright ignore Iran's "wipe Israel off the face of the map" comment.

Supposing you knew anything about Biblical prophesy, are you able to stop apologizing and understand that all of this is part of a grander plan, and not just some geopolitical farce perpetrated at the hands of a few demogogues?

Old 04-12-2010, 12:45 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Let them blow up Israel. Who cares? I never got why Americans (mostly right wingers) get turned on at the thought of Israel.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Let them blow up Israel. Who cares? I never got why Americans (mostly right wingers) get turned on at the thought of Israel.

Oh....isn't that swell?

How did you react when Haiti got hit with the earthquake? LET THEM EAT CAKE???

So you would advocate the destruction of another nation due to partisan reasons?

No wonder they call Libbies moonbats.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:51 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Israel is our Allie - our friend. Your statement above is akin to saying "let them blow up my neighbor"

Your comment about "mostly right winger" is clear and convincing evidence that you know NOTHING about the issue - the nation of Israel - and so on. For as it applies to members of Congress, those on the LEFT are some of the most vocal supporters of the Nation of Israel.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:27 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Oh....isn't that swell?

How did you react when Haiti got hit with the earthquake? LET THEM EAT CAKE???

So you would advocate the destruction of another nation due to partisan reasons?

No wonder they call Libbies moonbats.
I agree with you on this one, that was an ignorant statement. No matter how i feel about another Nation, i would not get pleasure in it's demise.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:36 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
It is really not just Israel's problem. It's a threat to the world as I described in posts #2 and 6. Israel and Europe are waiting for Obama, as president of the US, to take the lead in the kind of action that would be effective. The French in particular are very frustrated with Obama. His policy hase been abysmal and toothless.

There are two ways short of military action to stop the Iranian regime. One is gasoline sanctions. The House and Senate have long passed bills authorizing Obama to impose these sanctions: House Passes Legislation Prohibiting Funds to Iran's Gasoline Suppliers
Omama has ignored them.

The other way is to present the credible threat of military action (Iran temporarily stopped it's nuclear program in 2003-2004 when it thought it may be next after Iraq).

Obama is not considering either effective option. The uranium cenrifuges spin on. Instead of leading the world to a solution, he's leading the world to a disaster.
It would seem that there is another option - actual intelligence:

Report: Iranian scientist defects to U.S. - Iran- msnbc.com

Old 04-12-2010, 01:46 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times
Cut off funds to Israel, and see how "friendly" they are. Tell them we are just out of bux, and say "We hope you understand." They would pitch the mother of all tantrums. I am not afraid of Iran. The US exploded 2 big ones already. I would fear the US and Israel far more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies