Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 08:10 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,084,400 times

Advertisements

If this didn't have the underpinnings of the "I despise religion and don't believe in God" movement, then I may support something like this. But since its coming from an Atheist, I see no reason to believe that its anything more than an "us vs. them" argument. Atheists attempting to wear a righteous hat all of a sudden is quite funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 08:11 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,716,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippydippyman View Post
Are you serious dude? That is one sick post.
Most religious people think that way.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:12 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,353,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Got any broader brushes you wanna paint with?

Old 04-11-2010, 08:19 PM

214 posts, read 130,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I am not religious. My wife is and we have many religious friends. I can't imagine that any of the religious people I know would be so casual about the molestation of their children.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:35 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,936,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakao View Post
The Pope is not responsibile for this.

1) Why did the victims not file charges? The Pope does not convict them. The courts do.
2) There is no evidence so far that he covered it up.

And no, I am an atheist. But I do not see any evidence.
Are you sure there's no evidence?

Vatican Declined to Defrock U.S. Priest Who Abused Boys - NYTimes.com

Quote:
Top Vatican officials — including the future Pope Benedict XVI — did not defrock a priest who molested as many as 200 deaf boys, even though several American bishops repeatedly warned them that failure to act on the matter could embarrass the church, according to church files newly unearthed as part of a lawsuit.

Arthur Budzinski, at a cemetery behind St. John's School for the Deaf, says he was first molested in 1960 when he went to Father Murphy for confession.
The internal correspondence from bishops in Wisconsin directly to Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, the future pope, shows that while church officials tussled over whether the priest should be dismissed, their highest priority was protecting the church from scandal.

The documents emerge as Pope Benedict is facing other accusations that he and direct subordinates often did not alert civilian authorities or discipline priests involved in sexual abuse when he served as an archbishop in Germany and as the Vatican’s chief doctrinal enforcer.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:08 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,650,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The state needs to be notifed that a crime took place by parents. They often times also need the parents co-operation during the investigation and if the support is withdrawn because the parents get paid off, there isnt much the state can do..
We're not talking about what the state did wrong and what should happen to it, we are talking about what the pope did wrong and what should happen to him. What do your comments have to do with the thread at hand again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies