Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:04 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,116,366 times

Advertisements

An analysis of the responses so far by the Center for Urban Research at the City University of New York's Graduate Center shows that counties with higher percentages of white residents tend to have higher response rates than counties with higher percentages of black and Hispanic residents. At the census tract level, neighborhoods that are home to more African Americans, Hispanics and Asians have lower response rates. Among the areas considered hard to count are neighborhoods that have more immigrants, minorities, renters and poor people.

washingtonpost.com

White people lead the way (once again) in Census participation. The Census is just as important as voting. If you don't stand up and be counted, then your opinion of how tax dollars are distributed is irrelevant.

There's no excuse whatsoever for not taking the few minutes to fill out and mail your Census form.

Get off your ass and do it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 10:08 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,570,445 times
Well....thats kinda rude....

We're Indian (minority) and we filled it out.....

And I am sure there are some whites who have not filled it out yet either....

Old 04-12-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Well....thats kinda rude....

We're Indian (minority) and we filled it out.....

Percentages....its all about percentages....not individuals.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:10 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I dont even know where mine went..

Old 04-12-2010, 10:11 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Percentages....its all about percentages....not individuals.
I thought it was all about accuracy, thereby you should be encouraging everyone to send it back..

Old 04-12-2010, 10:11 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,424,653 times
We haven't even received one in the mail, yet.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I thought it was all about accuracy, thereby you should be encouraging everyone to send it back..
Come on. I'm pretty sure it goes without saying that everyone should submit their Census forms. However, empirical data, (ie. percentages) show that minorities are falling way behind. There's no excuse for this. NONE.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:22 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,980,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
An analysis of the responses so far by the Center for Urban Research at the City University of New York's Graduate Center shows that counties with higher percentages of white residents tend to have higher response rates than counties with higher percentages of black and Hispanic residents. At the census tract level, neighborhoods that are home to more African Americans, Hispanics and Asians have lower response rates. Among the areas considered hard to count are neighborhoods that have more immigrants, minorities, renters and poor people.

washingtonpost.com

White people lead the way (once again) in Census participation. The Census is just as important as voting. If you don't stand up and be counted, then your opinion of how tax dollars are distributed is irrelevant.

There's no excuse whatsoever for not taking the few minutes to fill out and mail your Census form.

Get off your ass and do it!

I blame it on her!!

Rep. Bachmann Refuses To Fill Out 2010 Census - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Old 04-12-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
And she's an idiot for not doing so.

There's no reason to not fill out the form. It took us all of 5 minutes (max) to fill out the form, and about 27 seconds for me to walk out to the mailbox.

The return postage is even paid!

Old 04-12-2010, 10:29 AM

41 posts, read 89,803 times
Very rude...Im a minority and I mailed mine in.

But it really doesnt matter if the minorities send them in anyway...nothing is going to change for us, so why bother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies