Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 01:46 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,225,651 times

Advertisements

Look at that, your racist list is almost entirely Southern states. Go figure .

NY, PA and OH are on the nonracist list though? HA!

Out of all the places I've lived (Southeast, Northeast and Midwest), The Northeast and the Midwest take the cake as far as racism goes. This is coming from a white guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 02:13 PM

284 posts, read 1,020,617 times
Might want to stay away from KY

Old 04-12-2010, 03:40 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,692,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Might want to stay away from KY
lol @ Kentucky hillbilles who couldn't point Iraq on a map.

Old 04-12-2010, 03:50 PM

412 posts, read 404,978 times
I recommend Michigan (particularly Dearborn, Ann Arbor, or Kalamazoo), New Jersey, New York, or New England. The West coast is generally pretty tolerant as well. You'll want to stay out of the south though.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:52 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,225,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
lol @ Kentucky hillbilles who couldn't point Iraq on a map.
Crazy stickers or not, I'd say a disabled Veteran deserves a little bit more respect.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:21 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,692,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
Crazy stickers or not, I'd say a disabled Veteran deserves a little bit more respect.
Well, being disabled doesn't give you a free way to prejudice, racism and hatred. Or at least, he should have thought about the reason he fought that war for.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:27 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
I'm not sure I would put Ohio (OH) on that list of non-racist states.

You will find all kinds of people spread all over this country.

People are free to be individuals here and we all have our own opinions about various things.

There is no ONE STATE that is firmly "non racist", or one state that is "racist" you'll find a mixture of everyone in every state across the country.

You will find a more diverse population of people in the biggest cities. Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Chicago.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:06 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninety2 View Post
i am not criticizing any state, but i am going to study in US and looking for a safe place to live in

even in my country there are safe and dangerous places
racist or not, most states are pretty open today to minorities and the most race free states have racists. I don't think this is a very good way to decide where to study. and I wouldn't pay too much attention to what a few students will tell you. Of course the thing we don't know: what do you mean by racist? Are you black or some other minority and where is your native country? Most college campuses, especially for those working on advance degrees are not going to encourter a lot of racism. I think you are looking for trouble that probably will not exist.

Nita

Old 04-12-2010, 07:11 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
France would be a great place for your family.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:24 PM

507 posts, read 678,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninety2 View Post
hello everyone,

i was searching this forum to collect as much info as possible about US states since i will be applying to post-graduate programs there..

some ppl agree on some states that are racist while others dont

so i classified states depending on info i collected as:

Racist:
AL
KY
MS
LA
WV
TX
SC
GA

Non-Racist:
CA
NY
CT
IL
MA
MI
FL
NC
OH
WA (even Washington DC)
PA

Unknown:
IN
IA
MO
NE
WI
MD
NJ
VA
TN

i am looking for a safe place for my family since we are from middle east (muslims) and dont want to get troubles in us

so what is your opinion about these states? racist ones? save vs crime state?
I think you would be better off classifying your search in terms of cities/campuses instead of states. For instance, you list Texas as a racist place; however, if you were to study in Houston, Austen, Dallas, or any other large city, I highly doubt you would have any issues.

Most college campuses in general tend to be pretty accepting. I would suggest you look up university demographic and compare the number of international students for the universities you are interested in attending. This would probably give you a better reference point for yourself and your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies