Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2010, 08:27 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,634,206 times

Advertisements

We are living in history being made everyday, I just hope to live long enough to read the last page of the last chapter of this period. I hope the America we were born in with it's freedoms and style of life continue far into the future. But I would like to know how this period ends within the next 10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 09:06 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
We are living in history being made everyday, I just hope to live long enough to read the last page of the last chapter of this period. I hope the America we were born in with it's freedoms and style of life continue far into the future. But I would like to know how this period ends within the next 10 years.
Here's to a long and happy life. May you live happily and see how this saga pans out.

I feel I was born in the very best of times- grew up in the 50s- and this is definitely not the "same" America. As I look back I can see clearly the agenda that has been slooooowly carried out over the years. Maybe a time will come when I will feel lucky if I make a narrow escape!

Old 04-13-2010, 12:30 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Well things have to change, there is no alternative. The country isn't what it used to be because the people and their reasons for doing things aren't what they used to be. I don't expect America to be the same in 10-15-25 years because it never has been before. We all live out our lives out during a particular period of time and what people before us did, and what people after us do, is going to be completely different.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:45 AM

132 posts, read 89,092 times
I feel blessed to have lived to see the day President Obama was elected; An African-American man living in the Presidential house built by slaves.
Life really does come full circle.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Well things have to change, there is no alternative. The country isn't what it used to be because the people and their reasons for doing things aren't what they used to be. I don't expect America to be the same in 10-15-25 years because it never has been before. We all live out our lives out during a particular period of time and what people before us did, and what people after us do, is going to be completely different.
you are right, things always are changing, sometimes for the worse but mostly for the best. I wonder what our forefathers would think if they were to return right now, or for that matter, what we would think 100 years from now.

Nita

Old 04-13-2010, 08:39 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardonaye View Post
I feel blessed to have lived to see the day President Obama was elected; An African-American man living in the Presidential house built by slaves.
Are you of the opinion that most African-American's truly view Barack Obama as an African-American in the same sense that say, Hank Aaron, is an African-American? Notwithstanding the significance of a man of color holding the position of President, I find it very interesting that a half-black/half-white man is viewed through the same lens as someone as George Washington Carver or Harriet Tubman. It's almost as if his half-white heritage is pushed to the wayside. What's your opinion?

Old 04-13-2010, 08:45 AM

42 posts, read 55,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardonaye View Post
Exactly! The illegal immigrants who helped build the house I once owned, now own it thanks to Obama!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies