Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 06:22 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times

Advertisements

Hey, Sarah, ya might wanna read up on this guy. You becha..

What Sarah Palin forgets (or never knew) about Ronald Reagan - Ronald Reagan - Salon.com

What Sarah Palin forgets (or never knew) about Ronald Reagan

She warbles a macho fantasy about our 40th president. But the real Reagan wanted a world free of nuclear arms

Listening to Sarah Palin, it is often difficult to determine whether her remarks demonstrate ignorance or dishonesty. She frequently waxes on about Ronald Reagan, for instance, revered ancestor of today's far right, whose real record bears little resemblance to the fantasies of extremists like her.

While attacking President Obama's nuclear weapons policies the other day -- and the strategic arms reduction treaty that he signed with Russia -- Palin said, "We miss Ronald Reagan, who used to say, when he would look at our enemies, he would say: 'No. You lose. We win.' That's what we miss. And that is what we have to get back to."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 06:25 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Hey, Sarah, ya might wanna read up on this guy. You becha..

What Sarah Palin forgets (or never knew) about Ronald Reagan - Ronald Reagan - Salon.com

What Sarah Palin forgets (or never knew) about Ronald Reagan

She warbles a macho fantasy about our 40th president. But the real Reagan wanted a world free of nuclear arms

Listening to Sarah Palin, it is often difficult to determine whether her remarks demonstrate ignorance or dishonesty. She frequently waxes on about Ronald Reagan, for instance, revered ancestor of today's far right, whose real record bears little resemblance to the fantasies of extremists like her.

While attacking President Obama's nuclear weapons policies the other day -- and the strategic arms reduction treaty that he signed with Russia -- Palin said, "We miss Ronald Reagan, who used to say, when he would look at our enemies, he would say: 'No. You lose. We win.' That's what we miss. And that is what we have to get back to."

If you find her so objectionable why do you listen to her?

Old 04-13-2010, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post

Did you at least read the piece?

Old 04-13-2010, 06:29 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,292 times
Quote:
It's that train wreck thingy

Old 04-13-2010, 06:30 AM

1,187 posts, read 2,393,886 times
One who ignores their enemies do so at their peril. I listen to the The Big Fat idiot to gather my arguments against know-nothings like Palin and Limbaugh so I can set the rednecks straight when the opportunity arises. Since its all talking points and only right wingers need to be reminded regularly what to think, its not much of a challenge. In any event, friends close, enemies closer and all that. Dig it. The RIGHT is in decline. They just have more gasbags per/1000.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:33 AM

Point is, if Sarah is going to bring up Ronald Reagan, at least get the facts straight. But, then, she only has a passing acquaintance with those, and changes them regularly when paid enough.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaggy View Post
One who ignores their enemies do so at their peril. I listen to the The Big Fat idiot to gather my arguments against know-nothings like Palin and Limbaugh so I can set the rednecks straight when the opportunity arises. Since its all talking points and only right wingers need to be reminded regularly what to think, its not much of a challenge. In any event, friends close, enemies closer and all that. Dig it. The RIGHT is in decline. They just have more gasbags per/1000.

That's interesting. Which political office does Limbaugh hold? How about Palin? Who told you that the right is in decline? Was it Rachel Maddow?

Democratic Party Image Drops to Record Low

Old 04-13-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
That's interesting. Which political office does Limbaugh hold? How about Palin? Who told you that the right is in decline? Was it Rachel Maddow?

Democratic Party Image Drops to Record Low

Did you read the piece?

Old 04-13-2010, 06:47 AM

1,187 posts, read 2,393,886 times
They are the current Opinion Leaders of the Republican Party. That is evidence of enough for me of decline. Sure Maddow is the antidote to King and Queen Redneck but at least I'm laughing. She's my neighbor here in Happy Valley in Western Massatucky, heart and homeland of vegetarian birkenstocked liberal lawyers and solar architects by the hundreds living in co-housing collectives.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Did you read the piece?

Well, you know what they say about a person who answers a question with a question. I did read it before I posted in this thread.

Here's a question for you:

In what way would you say that today's world differs from the world during the Reagan era?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies