Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 07:47 AM

563 posts, read 518,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Sorry ... but I highly doubt your programs work 100% under all conditions from the first time they are put into production. Even with maximum testing, there always the possibility of a condition that wasn't considered at the time of development. No programmer is 100% perfect.

And yes mine is a valid analogy. There could always be the possibility of a condition in a legal document which wasn't properly thought out the first time around. It might initially seem correct to the original author, until it is viewed by an outsider, who might find issues not initially considered.
RD - Are you sure you are not Obama in disguise? Only a dumb fool would sign a contract without reading AND understanding everything that is in it.

Obama is not the guy for this office. I can't wait until after the next election when he tries to pass something and he gets a unanimous NO!

So, let me ask.....If all Republicans win this next election, those of us that voted to oust who is in office, will that make us a racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
And allowing Republicans to run things ....

No need to look further than the condition the country was left in after 8 years of George W. Bush !!!

Obama got a major health care reform bill signed into law !!!!

In just one year in office !!!

Republicans only WISH they could achieve an accomplishment that big !!!

Now the only thing left for you poor Republicans to do ... is find ways to nit-pick on the minor details of the bill.

Have fun!!!
I hate to tell you, but that is not an accomplishment siging this into law and signing us up for more debt. How do they plan on paying for this? Do you think it is free? Do you think doctors will work for free? Obama has accomplished nothing while in office.

Do I agree with what W did as president? Not 100% But one thing is for sure, I made more money with W in office than I did with this guy you call your president.

There is a doctor in Florida who already put up a sign saying he will not be accepting Obamacare patients. I guess your leaders didn't think about that while ramming this garbage down everyones throats.

How many of the great doctors do you think will retire when this kicks in? Granted, a lot of the medical profession make a ton of money and some things should be lowered, BUT, they also spent a ton of money and a long time going to school to be able to earn that sort of income.

This next election could not come quicker.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:54 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,277 times
Quote:
The main thing was getting Health Care Reform signed into law while Obama still had the votes he needed in Congress.
Ah. You mean ramming it through with out the bipartisan support in congress or with the support the populace.

Yeah. Great job.

See you in November.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:22 PM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Default Did Congress Accidently Strip Themselves of their Uber Healthcare Plan?

This is what happens when you don't read the bill until after you vote on it. If this is true, I will be laughing my butt off. Can you imagine the embarrassment of hypocrisy if they have to amend the Obamacare law to give themselves back their cushy health care plans? If so, I suppose we'll see how really in the tank the media is. This should be the leading story on the news tonight. Will it be?

"In what appears to have been a laughable oversight, Congress seems to have stripped itself of its very generous healthcare plan..."

American Thinker Blog: Ooops! Congress loses health care plan under Obamacare?

Buyer’s Remorse - Yuval Levin - The Corner on National Review Online

Holy mistake! Congress wipes out congressional health care insurance

Old 04-13-2010, 02:43 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times
This will just be TOO funny to watch as they scramble to take themselves off the "same as every other American" bandwagon re healthcare LOL

For that matter - leave it as is - wth SHOULD they be treated differently to anyone else regarding heatlthcare?

Old 04-13-2010, 03:05 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
To screw over yourself of free health care is plain stupid.

And to think these idiots are running our country.

Just how stupid can one be to put a bill out there that stabs yourself in the back and you did not know it.

We need to get rid of them Dem-NO-chits as they are all stupid as their leader Adolf.

How come this is not front page news.

** DemNOcrits screw over themselves ** And did not even know it!!!

And I thought the left wingers here said the left wingers are the smart ones. Guess not.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:29 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times
Default Joke's on Us

Quote:
The main thing was getting Health Care Reform signed into law while Obama still had the votes he needed in Congress.

And that is a huge achievement for any president !!!

The minor issues like this one can be worked out at a later time, on an as needed basis.
They shoved this thing through before it could even be read, let alone understood. Insane. And there never was a time when "Obama still had the votes he needed in Congress." He simply BOUGHT, with taxpayer dollars, the votes he needed to get this ridiculous joke passed (given that many Democrats would vote for a bill that required every American to be executed by Firing Squad at dawn, as long as Obama told them to).

Put a Chicago "community organizer" in the Presidency, and you get mob politics. And we thought Washington couldn't get any worse than Bush.

Last edited by NHartphotog; 04-13-2010 at 05:16 PM..

Old 04-13-2010, 04:36 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,707,968 times
If they did I'm surre they will just have to fix it and then watch the political fireworks go off.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Sorry ... but the world isn't perfect.

sanrene .... you work with computers.

Do all programs you write work 100% all the time under all circumstances?

Legal documents aren't any different than computer logic.

A bunch of "IF THIS ... THEN THAT" ... and not everyone will catch every single logic issue the first time around.

That's why amendments are made.

And that is a huge achievement for any president !!!

The minor issues like this one can be worked out at a later time, on an as needed basis.

This is awesome- every time Bush made a mistake it was OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!!

Now it's: Sorry....but the world isan't perfect

Obamacare: 11 trillion

national debt: 12 trillion

Moonbats reaching for strings to defend the disaters of the Obama administration no matter what happens: priceless

Old 04-13-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
To screw over yourself of free health care is plain stupid.

And to think these idiots are running our country.

Just how stupid can one be to put a bill out there that stabs yourself in the back and you did not know it.

We need to get rid of them Dem-NO-chits as they are all stupid as their leader Adolf.

How come this is not front page news.

** DemNOcrits screw over themselves ** And did not even know it!!!

And I thought the left wingers here said the left wingers are the smart ones. Guess not.
They did themselves over, did not use vaseline and they still did not feel it...LOL.

I am looking forward to watching the news tonight if I ever get out of work tonight.<-----A congress voter for Obamacare
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies