Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 06:26 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The question is: Why a "News" channel would not broadcast the historic nuclear security summit?
Who says they won't air it or have not aired the speech at another time in the day. Hardly considered breaking news that needs to be transmitted to the masses immediately (live).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 06:27 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
they should change it to FAUX NEWS since the master fear monger Beck has to spew his daily lies instead of actually carrying an address by the President that is news worthy. FAUX has to pay that idiot millions so pre empting him would mean his veiwers would change channels to watch reruns of He Haw.
HAHAHA.... never heard that one before.....

Hey, have any good knock knock jokes?

Old 04-13-2010, 06:28 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Actually, it makes sense. To many Fox News viewers, Glenn Beck is their President.
Now, that is just plain ridiculous! What a stupid thing to say!

But Beck does have this administration figured out. He is right on all counts. Because the man is right, does not mean that we see him as our president. But we do see him as someone who knows what is going on, and what we are up against. I think he is smarter than Obama.

We could wish for Beck to be President. It isn't going to happen. But he would clearly be better than this jerk.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The question is: Why a "News" channel would not broadcast the historic nuclear security summit?
I'll answer that as soon as you tell me what he said that was so news worthy.. I've asked numerous times, and no response..

Old 04-13-2010, 06:34 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
HAHAHA.... never heard that one before.....

Hey, have any good knock knock jokes?
Let the simple-minded people have their jollies using that word.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:36 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

YouTube - Progress at Nuclear Summit

YouTube - Nuclear Summit Already Paying Off?

sure looks like Fox is covering it..

Old 04-13-2010, 06:38 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ahh no.. Every breath the president breaths is NOT news..
Especially, this ass. I cannot stand to listen to him. When he's on, I either leave the room, of flip off the TV. What a jerk. He's such an ignoramus.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:48 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
A relative I'm staying with watches Fox religiously. Every time I walk by the TV, I see some blurb at the bottom that's anti-Obama, something that's blaming him for something or some spokesmodel (they seem to play the sex card with their hosts more than other networks) reciting some ridiculous conclusion not based in reality. You are correct OP, Fox News is biased propaganda based on false information and its avid watchers would benefit from lobotomies.

Now, when will someone kill all the executives at all the media companies so we can clearly prove to the powers that be that we all really want the truth? I'd vote for that.

There is an obvious probem here you have neglected to note. THERE IS NOT A POSITIVE THING TO SAY ABOUT hussein obama! How can FOX NEWS report anything positive when no such thing exists?

Obama's disregard for media reaches new heights at nuclear summit

World leaders arriving in Washington for President Obama's Nuclear Security Summit must have felt for a moment that they had instead been transported to Soviet-era Moscow.

They entered a capital that had become a military encampment, with camo-wearing military police in Humvees and enough Army vehicles to make it look like a May Day parade on New York Avenue, where a bicyclist was killed Monday by a National Guard truck.
In the middle of it all was Obama -- occupant of an office once informally known as "leader of the free world" -- putting on a clinic for some of the world's greatest dictators in how to circumvent a free press.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:50 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
Face it... the Nuclear Summit was a dog and pony show held by Obama, giving him an opportunity to make some statement about non-binding partying for a couple of days. What happens in the White House stays in the White House, unless of course, the press is there to take pictures.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:52 PM

7,931 posts, read 9,156,295 times
FWIW, here is the communique issued by the leaders of the summit.

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Se...Communique.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies