Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 03:42 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerLuvr View Post
just goes to show that Fox audiences prefer fear-conspiracy-fantasy to what's happening in the real world.

I prefer Americans set their own destiny.

Not follow the corrupt destiny of world economics.

Call me selfish. I'm an American, not an Earthling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 03:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerLuvr View Post
clearly you like to get information second-hand......waiting for an "analysis" of the speech by a well-seasoned neocon, are you? lol
Not waiting for anything on the subject actually.. If I cared as much I'd turn my tv on.

Its nice to know though that you had news on 24 hours a day during the last 8 years of the Bush term and paid attention to every breath he made as well.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:43 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
FOX viewers have no interest in what is actually happening in the world. They only want to hear what makes them feel better. Apparently baseless fear, makes them feel better. I never understood why.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Now, when will someone kill all the executives at all the media companies so we can clearly prove to the powers that be that we all really want the truth? I'd vote for that.
More left wing hate and calls for violence..

Old 04-13-2010, 03:44 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Not waiting for anything on the subject actually.. If I cared as much I'd turn my tv on.

Its nice to know though that you had news on 24 hours a day during the last 8 years of the Bush term and paid attention to every breath he made as well.
Speaking about the Nuclear Summit is not exactly a small thing....

Old 04-13-2010, 03:45 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppininja View Post
Title says it all, Fox News proves it is a completely worthless source of information once again by completely ignoring a live broadcast opportunity of the president speaking at the Nuclear Security Summit and instead shows Glenn Beck who as usual is fear mongering.

Fox news is absolutely worthless and anyone who thinks otherwise deserves to be mislead by them and their lackies like Mr. Beck.
How would you even know that they weren't covering it, because you don't watch it , because it is worthless..........right? Or were you at the same racist dentist that kevk goes to? Or are you just another liberal that watches it so you can be offended so you can post a thread about it on city data ? Me thinks the latter..........

Old 04-13-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Speaking about the Nuclear Summit is not exactly a small thing....
Sure it is.. If you cant get our allies interested enough to show up because they dont consider it important, then why do you expect america to hold our breath waiting for every last word of Obamas..

Old 04-13-2010, 03:47 PM

533 posts, read 318,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I prefer Americans set their own destiny.

Not follow the corrupt destiny of world economics.

Call me selfish. I'm an American, not an Earthling.
you can stay uninformed and get your information second-hand for as long as you live; that's not a problem for me.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:48 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
+1

IMO, a news channel should be covering news, not dispensing propaganda.
In my opinion your opinion of what constitutes news is of no real value.

Not because you are not a good person (I don’t know you so I will give you the benefit of the doubt) but because you do not represent the viewing public at large nor do you represent the specific audience Fox News in particular is seeking.

Making an issue about this is simply more liberal diatribe that centers on an Alinsky-esk demonization of something liberals perceive as an enemy.

It is not rational nor is it valid. It is simply an attempt to discredit by any means necessary.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppininja View Post
Title says it all, Fox News proves it is a completely worthless source of information once again by completely ignoring a live broadcast opportunity of the president speaking at the Nuclear Security Summit and instead shows Glenn Beck who as usual is fear mongering.

Fox news is absolutely worthless and anyone who thinks otherwise deserves to be mislead by them and their lackies like Mr. Beck.
So what, if you wanted to see it and it is on another channel switch it..Otherwise it isn't worth mentioning on this or any post.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies