Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:59 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So did other news channels..

Another "I hate Fox" posting.. man you guys are so intolerant..
It irritates them that Beck is allowed to do his show, when the dictator speaks. But why do they care? They don't watch Fox anyway ... do they? Hmmmm? Maybe they do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Did he make any "news" or was it just more of the same old same old.

You don't understand, people are weary of obama on TV, spouting the same old talking points.
Exactly right. I get tired of seeing this guy's mug every place, and he doesn't have anything to say that anyone wants to hear. He is such a damn fool! How can anyone take the man seriously? He just needs to go away.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerLuvr View Post
So the POTUS speaking is not news worthy in your opinion? he is YOUR president, too, in case you'd forgotten.
No. He is not "newsworthy". He is not "my president'. He might be yours. He is a dictator; and I hate the man. I do not want to listen to anything this liar says. I am not a "subject". This man just needs to be gone. Never in my lifetime have we had such a worthless individual callling himself "president".

Old 04-13-2010, 06:15 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
OK - so, Fox did not carry the "speech". BUT, 10 other channels / networks DID CARRY the "speech". How much effort would it have taken to change the channel?
The question is: Why a "News" channel would not broadcast the historic nuclear security summit?

Old 04-13-2010, 06:17 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
A relative I'm staying with watches Fox religiously. Every time I walk by the TV, I see some blurb at the bottom that's anti-Obama, something that's blaming him for something or some spokesmodel (they seem to play the sex card with their hosts more than other networks) reciting some ridiculous conclusion not based in reality. You are correct OP, Fox News is biased propaganda based on false information and its avid watchers would benefit from lobotomies.
You have never seen anything anti-Obama on FOX news. What you probably did see was facts about him which you interpret as anti. When you tell the truth about Obama, it is naturally anti him, because he is a terrible and dangerous president. Telling the truth about him can only make him look bad.
Your sexist comment wasn't overlooked either. They may have some beautiful female contributors, but they are all well educated attorneys. You are trying to degrade them as ignorant bimbo's, which is far from the truth and you are well aware of that fact..!
The only place you will get the truth is on FOX...!! Deal with it...

Old 04-13-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
OK - so, Fox did not carry the "speech". BUT, 10 other channels / networks DID CARRY the "speech". How much effort would it have taken to change the channel?
Well, of course, as you know, that isn't the point. They hate Fox. And this just gives them another reason. I love it! Fox decides the man isn't worth it! LOL I've got news: he isn't. He's an ass of a president. Nothing the man says is worth cutting of an important show like Glenn Beck, who does have something important to say.

Obama is nothing but bull. Who can believe him? Beck has something important to say. It is people like Beck, and the American people (the Tea Party crowd, which is most of America) that will save this nation from the likes of Obama. Obama is out to destroy America; we will save it.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:19 PM

42 posts, read 55,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Fox is smart. They do not kowtow to this idiot. They know what their viewers want.

Fox has already provided too many free hours to Obama's worthless speeches and "news conferences". He has nothing to say that anyone wants to hear. I was angry that Beck might have been, once again, preempted for the rantings of this dummy president. Fortunately, this time, when Beck came on, Obama was off.

Beck is more important, and more people want to watch (over 3 million viewers). Obama is simply full of B.S. I couldn't care less what that idiot has to say about anything. He's made a mess of the country. He should just shut-up and get out of the way. We will clean up after him.

Since when is telling the truth "fear mongering"? Somebody had better be telling the truth. Beck and many experts agree that we are in seriious trouble. This isn't "fear mongering".

If the house is on fire, and someone yells "get out ... run for your life!" Would you call that "fear mongering"? I wouldn't.
You have to know their language, they use terms like "fear mongering", the "party of no", "teabaggers", "unhinged". It's the Alinsky tactic of ridicule, putting your opponent on the defensive right away.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:21 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The question is: Why a "News" channel would not broadcast the historic nuclear security summit?
Your "Historic Summit" was nothing but another dog and pony show that accomplished nothing, like most little games Obama plays... He is an expert at accomplishing nothing...
What a waste of four years. He can't be gone soon enough...

Old 04-13-2010, 06:22 PM

7,927 posts, read 9,150,257 times
Quote:
Did anyone broadcast the "summit" ie live negotiations, set up of timelines, goals, objectives etc? Or was it just another speech by the President?

Old 04-13-2010, 06:22 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
It wasn't "historic". Not by a long shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies