Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 06:54 PM

487 posts, read 636,421 times

Advertisements

She wanted to keep the girl, but not the boy.

Doctor Terminates Wrong Fetus, Loses License - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 07:38 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
This is what happens when people try to play "God". What a tragedy that she chose to abort one. It didn't have to happen.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:42 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
She wanted to keep the girl, but not the boy.

Doctor Terminates Wrong Fetus, Loses License - CBS News
Actually, the boy had congenital malformations. It wasn't really a case of just "wanting" to keep one and not keep the other. That's misleading and silly and an obvious attempt at a flame so people will go all crazy on how selfish women making selfish choices lead to such horrid outcomes and blah blah. Transparent much?

Of course, you could have just reported on this without the snide "She wanted to keep the girl but not the boy" part, and then it would have been more like, well, just news, and something to talk about.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
This is what happens when people try to play "God". What a tragedy that she chose to abort one. It didn't have to happen.
The male fetus was not well. Are you getting that?

Yes, this is what happens when people try to practice medicine. The wrong kidney gets removed, pieces of medical equipment get stitched back up inside a person who's just been operated on, hearts for transplantation go to the wrong hospital, a routine and simple face lift leads to a blood clot which leads to a stroke which leads to death. When something that seriously awful happens, the doctor loses his license...as the article here states in the case of the attempted abortion of the male fetus.

If you end up with colon cancer, and the doctor somehow manages to introduce bacteria into you and you go septic and die following the operation, will we all be entitled to shake our heads reproachfully and say, "Well, this is what happens when people try to play God"?

Did you even read the article, BTW? The woman didn't say, "Eew, a boy, take it out."

Old 04-13-2010, 07:46 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Really? Usually they want to abort the girl. Wonder why she wanted the girl over the boy.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:49 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,608,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Really? Usually they want to abort the girl. Wonder why she wanted the girl over the boy.
have you read the article? or for that matter even the posts that people have been posting?

Old 04-13-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
have you read the article? or for that matter even the posts that people have been posting?
Actually I was replying to lifelongM and when I hit post, the other posts showed up.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Usually who wants to abort the girl, here in the U.S.? Just curious what/whom you're talking about there.

I guess here we go with the circus. Read the article rather than simply the OP's obvious attempt to slant things sight unseen. The boy had congenital malformations. Other than that, we know zero about this issue. We don't know if the boy's issues were a danger to the girl. We don't know if he was likely to die in utero. We don't know squat except that for a medical reason, the woman wanted an abortion.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Usually who wants to abort the girl, here in the U.S.? Just curious what/whom you're talking about there.

I guess here we go with the circus. Read the article rather than simply the OP's obvious attempt to slant things sight unseen. The boy had congenital malformations. Other than that, we know zero about this issue. We don't know if the boy's issues were a danger to the girl. We don't know if he was likely to die in utero. We don't know squat except that for a medical reason, the woman wanted an abortion.
There are some Indians (I know some) who want to abort female fetuses. I came across an Indian woman who was 8 months pregnant with a female fetus and was begging my cousins wife (who is a lawyer) to find some loophole in the law so she could get an abortion. Reason? Her husband didnt want a girl.

I am Indian myself in the USA and see it in our community ALL the time.

Chinese people here...Indians....MUSLIMS......they want males.

My mother never got over the grief of having me and my sister. No sons.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:55 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
i think the irony was already pointed out. she just wanted one dead, not both.

a little hypocritical trying to take any moral high road.

now of course she will get herself a lawyer and try and make money on the entire tragedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies