Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 11:28 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Palin is just as hypocritical. Down home, anti-elite hockey moms don't fly in Lear jets.
Im going to get bashed for this but- Shes a Woman with power. what would you expect? Im sure Todd is on his way to pick out some bling bling of the likes she has never seen before.

Is Diva the right word?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 11:29 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
al gore using a private plane is a hypocracy to what he preaches, palin has never said "don't waste your own money paying for jets nice hotels and swanky cars" she HAS said "don't waste our tax payers money on paying for jets nice hotels and swanky cars" big difference.
Look, I don't indulge in these pick on Palin for everything threads, except to read them for their obvious entertainment value, but to argue that Palin parading across the country portraying herself as being some sort of everywoman fighting for working folks while at the same time profiting off of their anger and alienation is about as hypocritical as one can get.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Of that, I had no doubt.

But I give you props for admitting as much.

So, in the future you won't be so quick to object to folks pointing out Palin's hypocrisy, right?

You know, pot meet kettle, mirrors, glass houses, etceteras.

Agreed
Well I see Palins hypocrisy I just followed up and supported the point that it is different then Pelosi who is still on the taxpayer's dime.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:31 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Im going to get bashed for this but- Shes a Woman with power. hat would you expect? Im sure Todd is on his way to pick out some bling bling of the likes she has never seen before

Is Diva the right word?
Diva would fit. Prima donna seems a bit more accurate. Either way, she's practicing the elitism she rallies against. Hypocrite.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Look, I don't indulge in these pick on Palin for everything threads, except to read them for their obvious entertainment value, but to argue that Palin parading across the country portraying herself as being some sort of everywoman fighting for working folks while at the same time profiting off of their anger and alienation is about as hypocritical as one can get.
This is true, She has become a Diva. I Cannot tell you how she was during her half term as Governor but it is obvious now.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:39 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Palins in the Kitchen: Give the Lady What She Wants

Sarah: Todd!
Todd: Yea babe?
Sarah: I hafta fill this thing out ... a rider?
Todd: A rider? Like something you ride?
Sarah: Ha, that's a good one .. no Todd, I don't think we'll be riding these pieces of paper!
Todd: Well, what do you need to fill out?
Sarah: They're askin' me what I need when I go out to these things and rally the faithful
Todd: Well how 'bout that.
Sarah: Well, what do we want?
Todd: Oh, I don't know ...
Sarah: What kind of plane should we demand?
Todd: LEARJET!
Sarah: ok! good one Todd! What else?
Todd: Limo or SUV's only babe!!
Sarah: Yea, now we're cookin'!
Todd: You come up with one!
Sarah: Well, it's annoying when the printers in the hotel rooms don't have enough paper
Todd: are you kidding me hun?
Sarah: Well, it's annoying!
Todd: Alright ... what else?
Sarah: No "gotcha" questions! Prescreed questions only! Boy I sure learned that lesson!
Sarah: Oh! And they need to keep track of how many times the camera clicks!
Todd: What?
Sarah: Yea, this one will be a doozy! The cameras can only click 75 times for 45 minutes! Take that gotcha media!
Todd: that one's weird, but ok ... you're the boss
Sarah: oh! No spotlights on me!
Todd: keep going!
Sarah: bottled water! no, still bottled water ... and bendy straws! And we'll make the speaker's bureau open up the water for me! man, it's great to be me!
Todd: bendy straws?
Sarah: you betcha! And wooden lecterns only! none of this plexiglass stuff! And table skirts ... can't have people seein' what I'm doin' under the table <wink>
Todd: yea babe!
Sarah: and I also need to have a profile of who is in my audience! Again, can't have any gotchas!
Todd: no kidding! Dang hun, that's a pretty good list!
Sarah: I need plenty of markers too for my notes to self. Oh Todd, this is the BEST! Much better than being President of the Senate.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:14 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Uhhh...coach?
Why? For what purpose? It is a private business deal, down home doesn't mean stupid and gullible. She made a business deal that provided her with a maximum return in both pay and accommodations. One can do such and still be "down to earth". The jet provides quick private transportation for the individual requiring it. Considering she has liberals digging in the trash to find dirt on her, I don't blame her. Then again, we know it wouldn't matter what she did, you simply do not like her and will "dig up" anything you can to validate that dislike.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:10 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Why? For what purpose? It is a private business deal, down home doesn't mean stupid and gullible. She made a business deal that provided her with a maximum return in both pay and accommodations. One can do such and still be "down to earth". The jet provides quick private transportation for the individual requiring it. Considering she has liberals digging in the trash to find dirt on her, I don't blame her. Then again, we know it wouldn't matter what she did, you simply do not like her and will "dig up" anything you can to validate that dislike.
They are just jealous of her success.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
They are just jealous of her success.
Oh, not this jealousy shyt again!

Old 04-17-2010, 04:00 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
I guess some people don't care that the country is in a recession.

In addition to the bendable straw and Learjet that Palin required, the contract also stipulated that she be picked up at the airport by SUV or black towncar; that her name be registered at (an upscale) hotel under an alias; that autographs not be allowed; that all photographs be taken by a professional photographer; and that personal cameras, cell-phone cameras and any other recording devices are to be turned off wherever she is."""

What ego? What nerve? What arrogance! What elitism! What a SOW!

....does the whole airport, the whole city have to shut off their cellphones because Sarah is in town???

"""But it was how some details of Palin"s contract with the Cal State Stanislaus Foundation came to light that had Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Francisco, outraged Tuesday. A pair of Cal State Stanislaus students said they recovered from a Dumpster parts of the very contract that Yee had sought in a public records request, along with bags of other shredded documents.

"When we have individuals that are deceiving people and obfuscating, we are in deep trouble.

Dumped documents: Sarah Palin demanded bendable straws, Learjet for Cal State speech - San Jose Mercury News
My, my what an elitist Pig-at-the-Trough.....my name for PigPalin is accurate, as is "DivaDope".

And her supporters used TAXES to pay for her visit...what "fiscally responsible" jerks she has as followers !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies