Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 09:01 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,487,832 times

Advertisements

We all know how much everybody here loves polls. Well here's another: Obama vs. Palin, who would win?

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - CNN Poll: Who wins an Obama vs. Palin matchup? « - Blogs from CNN.com

Quote:
A CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey released Tuesday also indicates that President Barack Obama would top the former Alaska governor by double digits in a possible 2012 general election showdown.
Quote:
The poll shows Obama topping Romney 53 percent to 45 percent, beating Huckabee 54 percent to 45 percent, defeating Gingrich 55 percent to 43 percent and topping Palin 55 percent to 42.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 09:08 PM

20,307 posts, read 37,269,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
We all know how much everybody here loves polls. Well here's another: Obama vs. Palin, who would win?

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - CNN Poll: Who wins an Obama vs. Palin matchup? « - Blogs from CNN.com
Of course that a poll at CNN would put Obama ahead of all others

Old 04-13-2010, 09:15 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,585,539 times
Instead of sniping at each other let's put our thoughts to a test here for once. If there is going to be a GOP challenger to Obama the only one I can think of that can go toe to toe is Romney. I know people have have favorites but please Palin will never see the White House unless she is touring it and Huckabee is just to religious for many people. I know City Data leans to the right but it would be nice to have some objective opinions on this poll.
Opinions?

Old 04-13-2010, 09:16 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,588,912 times
There is NO CONTEST! Obama is by far much better than Palin.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:18 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,591,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
There is NO CONTEST! Obama is by far much better than Palin.
Probably in Basketball I'll agree with you on that.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:20 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,037,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Instead of sniping at each other let's put our thoughts to a test here for once. If there is going to be a GOP challenger to Obama the only one I can think of that can go toe to toe is Romney. I know people have have favorites but please Palin will never see the White House unless she is touring it and Huckabee is just to religious for many people. I know City Data leans to the right but it would be nice to have some objective opinions on this poll.
Opinions?
I agree with you. I voted for Obama but I'm perfectly willing to vote for a Republican if he (of she) is qualified and says the right things. But I can't vote for Palin. I can't imagine her getting my vote no matter what she does, including nudity (I have the feeling she'd be disappointing anyway). I can vote for Romney. He is yet to alienate me. We'll have to wait and see.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:09 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,222,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Opinions?
Palin will not be the Republican running against Obama in 2012.

No way,no how, will that happen.

Maybe Romney, but I think it will be Tim Pawlenty.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:32 AM

30,138 posts, read 18,733,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post

If there was a fight.................I mean, a really big fight.............between the Wolfman and Frankenstein, who would win?

Typical inane CNN childish banter.

1. The wolfman and frankenstein will never fight- they are fictional characters

2. Sarah Palin and Obama will never run against each other, so the comparison is equally as ridiculous as the monster fight

3. the left is so obsessed with Sarah Palin that it is becoming almost comedic. It is an itch that apparently they cannot scratch and it is all they can talk about (except, of course, when they are not blamining all of Obama's policy failures on George Bush).

Old 04-14-2010, 06:54 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,322,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
If there was a fight.................I mean, a really big fight.............between the Wolfman and Frankenstein, who would win?
Wolfman, no contest. Frankenstein probably has a more power, but he's slow, and he'd quickly be taken down by Wolfman's speed and aggressive biting and clawing.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:58 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,592,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Palin will not be the Republican running against Obama in 2012.

No way,no how, will that happen.

Maybe Romney, but I think it will be Tim Pawlenty.

I'd bet on Texas gov Rick Perry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies