Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 02:41 AM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
4 years, but I expect our current dictator will order martial law before he gets froced out of office.
They have been trying to instigate civil war but so far the only ones biting the hook are his own libs and socilaist thugs . Soon as they start the people fightinmg against each other then comes marchal law . Thats why obamas wife met with illegals groups NCLR again yesterday to tell them to be patiant . Between them and all the somalians , haitians , pakastanis and middle eastern men he could have more than his million he said he wants .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 06:32 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
They have been trying to instigate civil war but so far the only ones biting the hook are his own libs and socilaist thugs . Soon as they start the people fightinmg against each other then comes marchal law . Thats why obamas wife met with illegals groups NCLR again yesterday to tell them to be patiant . Between them and all the somalians , haitians , pakastanis and middle eastern men he could have more than his million he said he wants .

look, I dont care about anyones race or creed, but I do know that if a civil war happened, it would effect each and every person in the USA. that said, if a civil war did happen, most likely the unarmed city folks and the too good for me people would end up being placed into bodybags.

the military for the most part would stay out of it I believe.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:41 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,914 times
On the surface I don't see anything wrong with the militia movements....BUT REALITY...after having had many encounters w/these people, they are nutjobs, plain and simple. And the types of people attracted to these groups are nutjobs! The stereotype that they live are wannabe/neverbe soldiers who live in double-wides, in the middle-of-nowhere, armed to the teeth, waiting for 'the day', nazi and rebel flags flying everywhere...unfortunately is about 99% accurate!

Old 04-21-2010, 04:27 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
The first few posts in this thread are classics. The OP references wikipedia and a couple other garbage sources somehow thinking they are worth something and then gets upset because nobody cares. You'd think people would at least try to not look ridiculous, but they insist on hitting you over the head with it like a freaking frying pan.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:49 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Let's pull the cover back on these independent militia movement's to see if they scurry for cover like the cockroaches they are.
You start a thread with an out and out attack on anyone involved in or in support of militias and then wonder why no one bothers to discuss the issue with you other than people who share you feelings?

Old 04-21-2010, 06:05 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,681,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
You start a thread with an out and out attack on anyone involved in or in support of militias and then wonder why no one bothers to discuss the issue with you other than people who share you feelings?
Easy. All people hear is the din of the cockroaches as they shout down opposing voices. So I started a thread for those opposing voices. Since I don't give a damn about the view point of these "people" (and I use the term loosely) that populate , or sympathize with, these groups it's time those that don't agree, or sympathize with, these groups heard from the rest of us that are "normal".

Makes sense to me.

Last edited by Grandpa Pipes; 04-21-2010 at 06:19 PM..

Old 04-21-2010, 06:07 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Easy. All people hear is the din of the cockroaches as they shout down opposing voices. So I started a thread for those opposing voices. Since I don't give a damn about the view point of the "people" (and I use the term loosely) that populate , or sympathize with, these groups it's time those that don't agree, or sympathize with, these groups heard from the rest of us that are "normal".

Makes sense to me.
All you did was start a thread to libel people. No one here is shouting down anyone. We're asking for evidence to back your claims, or, barring that, you should take back your accusations.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:10 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Your goal is a to be a thread killer when you can't get your own way not to discuss. That said, you can play in your sand box alone now.

Folk's, what say we move on past this troll and go back to a good discussion?
Bwahhahhahahha. Good discussion aye? Fishin' for folks to get on your wagon and start the name calling, maybe tell you how intelligent and insightful you are , maybe? Yep, that would be 'good discussion' fer sure. Calling people cockroaches and such, simply because they don't think like you is rather ill advised. Also, when you shake your loop to wide, you can end up dragging in critters that aren't wearing your brand. But hey, you got them to the fire, you snagged it, you deal with it.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:13 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,681,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Also, when you shake your loop to wide, you can end up dragging in critters
Critters? Is that what these cockroaches ,,er..people are?

Old 04-21-2010, 06:18 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
4 years, but I expect our current dictator will order martial law before he gets froced out of office.
Any President who declares martial law is not only violating the US Constitution, but more importantly they are declaring an open season on all federal employees. It would not be a revolution, it would be a slaughter. Not even our 1.4 million-man military can withstand an army of citizens with 200+ million privately owned firearms (many of whom already have military training).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies