Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 06:45 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times

Advertisements

It appears as though the "prosperity" of the Obama administration is reserved for his Wall Street cronies. While the stock market has broken 11,000, more and more homes are broken and unemployment remains at nearly 10%. This is change we can believe in .

Foreclosure rates surge, biggest jump in 5 years - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Foreclosure-rates-surge-apf-35024429.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=2&asset=&ccod e - broken link)=
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 06:51 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
In all fairness, it has nothing to do with Obama. The foreclosures are due to the fact that people bought houses with crazy ARM loans that they now cannot afford. They are the ones to blame, no one else.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
In all fairness, it has nothing to do with Obama. The foreclosures are due to the fact that people bought houses with crazy ARM loans that they now cannot afford. They are the ones to blame, no one else.
Partially true. But personal responsibility has never been high on the list of liberal "virtues".

With unemployment rates at 10% and personal incomes down, those who have lost thier jobs or have had reduced incomes can no longer afford thier homes. That IS Obama's fault. Further, it was Obama's discretion to use federal funds for the "stimulus" and "Obama care", rather than provide financial assistence to those homeowners having difficulty with thier mortgages. Money was spent for Wall Street bankers and pork, while the plight of the average citizen was ignored. Just another example of the war on the middle class waged by the left.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:00 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times

Old 04-15-2010, 07:03 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
This is the OBAMANATORS economy.

He owns it.

The foreclosures are happening because the job killing machine of Obama, Pelosi and Reid have FAILED us.

If they would have worked on jobs instead of the failed HC bill millions of people would still be in their homes.

Stop with the lies. Even during a down economy people with jobs were able to save their homes.

You cannot pay for a home when you have no job.

OBAMA HAS FAILED THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

For me, I think it is on purpose.

I post about Obama setting records every single month about foreclosure every day.

People can save their homes with a decent job, something Obama promised to deliver and has FAILED.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

He owns it.

The foreclosures are happening because the job killing machine of Obama, Pelosi and Reid have FAILED us.

If they would have worked on jobs instead of the failed HC bill millions of people would still be in their homes.

Stop with the lies. Even during a down economy people with jobs were able to save their homes.

I post about Obama setting records every single month about foreclosure every day.

People can save their homes with a decent job, something Obama promised to deliver and has FAILED.

Well said. The "man of the people" is apparently for other people. I, as you, feel that the destruction of the middle class is by design, and not by accident. By creating a large portion of the population as federal dependents, Obama creates a whole new group of constituents who are dependent upon him for survival. Self sustaining, well to do citizens do not need handouts and do not need Obama.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:07 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Partially true. But personal responsibility has never been high on the list of liberal "virtues".

With unemployment rates at 10% and personal incomes down, those who have lost thier jobs or have had reduced incomes can no longer afford thier homes. That IS Obama's fault. Further, it was Obama's discretion to use federal funds for the "stimulus" and "Obama care", rather than provide financial assistence to those homeowners having difficulty with thier mortgages. Money was spent for Wall Street bankers and pork, while the plight of the average citizen was ignored. Just another example of the war on the middle class waged by the left.
You are correct! Obama is to blame for the UE rate being nearly 10% instead of over 11%. But hey, what a few million more people working among friends.

CBO: Unemployment would have topped 11% without stimulus - On Politics: Covering the US Congress, Governors, and the 2010 Election - USATODAY.com

Old 04-15-2010, 07:08 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times
Quote:

He owns it.

Dont Worry Sonny all of Obama's Wall St friends are doing just great though-- and that is great for the American economy.

Funny when Bush was in office and Wall St was rallying his haters said "its only one sector of the economy". Well Looks Like we have a continuation of the Bush era.

The joke is truly on us.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:14 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Dont Worry Sonny all of Obama's Wall St friends are doing just great though-- and that is great for the American economy.

Funny when Bush was in office and Wall St was rallying his haters said "its only one sector of the economy". Well Looks Like we have a continuation of the Bush era.

The joke is truly on us.

I noticed that also. When Wall Street went up to 14 they said it was nothing.
Now when it hits 10 under Obama the Neo-Commis here act like Obama fixed the world.

They fail to see how money works, people need jobs so save their homes and Obama has NOT delivered.

Obamas circle includes criminals like Franklin Raines who stole millions of dollars in bonus money right before Fannie and Freddie went to hell.

This is all on purpose folks. His plan is to weaken the US financially.

Obama probably gets a tingle down his leg to see people lose their homes in record numbers.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:15 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:

He owns it.

Hey, I do not like Obama either, but blaming him for this is not right. I have known people who bought in the bubble who have now lost their homes. None of them lost their jobs, their payments doubled when the ARM reset so they lost the house. How is that Obama's fault? To me, it was irresponsibility of the home buyer's fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies