Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 09:36 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Dennis Rodman was the president? I don't understand your answer. Drinking a beer does not make one an alcoholic.
Dennis Rodman was an example

Drinking beer very much can make one an alcoholic. It can lead to addiction to cause you to need rehab or lead to other things. Should we pretend you cant get drink off beer

I am not calling Obama an alcoholic but doesnt mean he isnt either. Heck I dont live with him to know that really nor do you. We do now he drinks he doesnt deny that. My whole point was that many alcoholics wont admit it till they dont have a choice or reach the bottom themselves

But back to why are we paying for their liquor is the question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 02:53 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,652,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

Exactly.

For that matter, when a foreign ambassador or head of state visits, why do we need to pay for their dinner or lemonade? Let them make a sandwich before they come, or fill their pockets with peanuts from the airplane. Do they think we're made of money?

Old 04-16-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post

and just because the republicans do it as well doesn't mean its OK.
No, but if you weren't complaining about it when the Republicans did it and you are when the Democrats do it does mean that you are a hypocrite.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:06 PM

533 posts, read 318,410 times
Quote:
no wonder people think we are a bunch of drunk Americans lol no really I hear ya

I would like to include they need to buy their own meals also
exactly how much of that approximately $3800 bill do you suppose was paid for with YOUR money?

how petty can you guys get?

Old 04-16-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Exactly.

For that matter, when a foreign ambassador or head of state visits, why do we need to pay for their dinner or lemonade? Let them make a sandwich before they come, or fill their pockets with peanuts from the airplane. Do they think we're made of money?
LMAO. Really! Who do they think WE are? LOL Let those foreign ambassadors and heads of state PAY FOR THEIR OWN FOOD/DRINKS.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Dennis Rodman was an example

Drinking beer very much can make one an alcoholic. It can lead to addiction to cause you to need rehab or lead to other things. Should we pretend you cant get drink off beer

I am not calling Obama an alcoholic but doesnt mean he isnt either. Heck I dont live with him to know that really nor do you. We do now he drinks he doesnt deny that. My whole point was that many alcoholics wont admit it till they dont have a choice or reach the bottom themselves

So YOU think maybe we ought to go back to the days of prohibition?

Old 04-16-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:

But lets also not pretend that we havent seen Obama drinking beer while president he doesnt deny it.
What the hell difference does it make to you, me, or anyone else if Obama drinks beer?

For a conservative you seem to have real problems understanding "None of your damn business!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies