Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 08:27 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
I see that every day. I live in state where two of the richest families and individuals are heavily subsidised by the taxpayers. It's almost stomach-turning.

These are the same folks who will vacation on the beach this spring and whine and complain about the "entitlement complex" of the very poor.

Give me a f-ing break!
How many jobs have you created?

The Obama's earned over $5 Million dollars last year. How many jobs did they create?

Old 04-18-2010, 08:42 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,405,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I personally have no problem with someone becoming rich by ethical means. The problem is that a lot of rich people become rich by non-ethical means, and even stealing from the poor and middle class to do it. For example, there is a well known poster here who is a millionaire. He likes to boast about that he has managed to avoid paying social security taxes for the last 30 years. I make minimum wage and I have to pay them. See what I mean.

Really? A lot? Can you name even 50 of the 6 million or so millionaires (people that make 1 US mil or more per year) in this country that are non-ethical and got their money from cheating the poor and middle class?

Painting with quite a brush there.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:31 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times
Only thing I support in that entire article is simplifying the tax code. That's it.

Everything else, not so much.. they can figure it out, they pay plenty of people lots of money, make them get off their duffs and do some accounting like they're supposed to.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:40 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,190,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

The Obama's earned over $5 Million dollars last year. How many jobs did they create?

Great question !

Old 04-19-2010, 09:49 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,114,232 times
Quote:
So far, just my own. And if you want to talk about being over-taxed try being self employed . Sheesh!!! I do feel like our system is skewed against "the little guys" and would-be entrepreneurs. Which is a shame.

Quote:
Since I don't know them personally I can only speculate. Wasn't most of the income from book sales?

Things are really really rough in publishing right now. I imagine at least a few people in that industry got to keep their jobs in part due to those sales.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:59 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,902,719 times
I only agree with #10.
Punishing people who make over 250K with a higher tax rate is not the way to go. And the poster who said tax someone who makes 250K and they are still comfortable with 125K? WTF??? You would be singing a different tune if you made that amount, and second of all, chances are if you did make that amount your expenses would meet that, such as high school loans, high prices of running business, etc.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:05 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,114,232 times
Quote:
Oh, I forgot. Since we are just about to embark on a building/remodeling project....a lot!

The architect, the builder, the plumbers, the electricians, the tile guys, the drywall guys, the cabinet maker....the list goes on and on and on. It's crazy!

Old 04-19-2010, 11:12 AM

762 posts, read 1,099,519 times
10 Ways to Force the Stinking Rich to Share Their Wealth
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd
Yes, I do agree with you on taxes, but you're missing my point altogether. I'm not arguing taxes at all! I don't care if the rich are getting richer, the poor are getting poorer, or anything that's happening to anyone else in between. My point is that we all need to STOP WORRYING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE AND WORRY ABOUT OURSELVES. And I don't mean that from a selfish standpoint either, far from it. All I'm saying is that we should all remember that we all live in glass houses, even if we may not realize it. None of us should be spending one ounce of energy worrying about "the rich" or "the government", or anything else until we can look ourselves in the mirror and honestly say that our own lives are on the right track. Stop coveting thy neighbors money and start finding ways to earn more for yourselves (or using the money you already have more efficiently). Stop using the illegal or immoral actions of the few as an excuse to not improve your own lot in life. No real changes will ever occur until we learn to start looking inward for the causes of our problems instead of pointing fingers at others.
This is becoming more difficult as I get older. I live my life frugally, leave a very small footprint (no children, no debt, no entitlements, etc…) & diligently stay away from spendthrift mentality people.

Here’s the problem: there’s too many big footprint people (wannabes)! I don’t care if Jay Leno spends more on lunch than I make in a week, but these wannabes’ with their absurd debts are becoming detrimental to life on earth!

Old 04-19-2010, 11:17 AM

698 posts, read 1,509,590 times
"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."
-Winston Churchill

Old 04-19-2010, 11:28 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Why would anyone want to STEAL money from the rich people.

The answer is getting the 47% of those who use our roads, bridges, schools and infrastructure for free without paying a dime.

It is not right for middle class, lower class income people to not pay into the tax base. It is stealing and we need to put a stop to it.

Why steal from a successful persona and hand it to someone who wont get out of bed in the morning?

No one owes YOU a dime, you EARN what you want and need.

People need to stop trying to steal from successful people, get a job or two or three or learn a trade or a skill that will make you successful.

Stealing is not good for you.

I need to come up with 10 ways we can get the stinking lazy butts to finally pay their fair share in America instead of freeloading of the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies