Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 07:49 PM

648 posts, read 1,174,729 times

Advertisements

OK, ready to start WW3 here. And yes I know it's probably been discussed a million times. Sue me already.

Since it's difficult to get the basic of facts through the chaos of clamouring voices of anti-govt. dissent, how about a little clarification here, from the TB's themselves.... (or anyone who really gets them):

Why exactly are the TB's so against health care reform? OK,, ya I get it- no big govt spending. The govt is evil, Satan, Hitler. The world is black & white. Mm Hm. Yeah we hear you. (And how come you all didn't hate the govt when Bush was here..? Funny how you all turn a blind eye to govt spending on his watch, and how fast everything went downhill during the past 8 yrs...)
But is that really it..? Surely there's more. Yeah we know that if you currently have a fabulous health care plan, you don't want it changed. Well good for you... but guess what,, millions of Americans DON'T have insurance or some kind of coverage.... and it's not due to laziness or irresponsibility. So clearly, a solution is needed.

SO, what's your solution? How do we make health care affordable for all those hard-working citizens who can't afford it, or who maybe could but don't want to pay a bunch of money only to be denied when they really need it? Or do you even care? And do you really trust the big corporations more than the govt? Discuss..... (in a rational manner please, if that's even possible anymore...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 07:56 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,577,581 times
I will start with one: If it was about coverage why is going to take till 2014?

Old 04-15-2010, 08:18 PM

Still waiting to hear what Tea Baggers REALLY think about health care reform. Come on, let's hear some real answers. Anyone...?? (*crickets*)........

Old 04-15-2010, 08:27 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opalminor View Post
How do we make health care affordable for all those hard-working citizens who can't afford it,
Actually some of those people in the Tea Party would be those that can't afford it because of ever increasing health care costs. Those would also be the people that are supporting the system. When someone like this hears health care reform they are all ears because it's getting unaffordable for many people. Reform should include getting the costs under control for those that pay into the system now because without them it's going to collapse. That is not what was passed, what was passed was a bill that will most likely increase their costs, force them onto the government tit etc.

FYI I don't belong to the Tea Party...

Old 04-15-2010, 08:32 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
c'mon a little 40% gov tax on a good ins plan won't hurt a bit.think of the other people who need ins for free

Old 04-15-2010, 08:40 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
This has been discussed so many times. Do a thread search.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:30 PM

Hhhmm... actually I DID do a search and nothing came up, just a bunch of all-over-the-place pontificating and bickering that didn't answer my question. I was actually just looking for a thread that dealt specifically with THIS question only. Just the facts.. i.e., the official Tea Party stance on Health Reform (which I can't seem to find on the web either) in a nutshell. You know, here's why we're against healthcare reform: 1, 2, 3. And here's our proposed solution.
Or, do they even really know (or can they all agree upon) what they believe in...?
I'm waiting... I really, truly want to know. If I missed a thread that discusses this clearly and simply, and rationally,, then please enlighten me...

Old 04-15-2010, 10:40 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
I will start with one: If it was about coverage why is going to take till 2014?
Ummm...because it's phased in.

Certainly we can get better questions that this?

Old 04-15-2010, 11:14 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opalminor View Post
Hhhmm... actually I DID do a search and nothing came up, just a bunch of all-over-the-place pontificating and bickering that didn't answer my question. I was actually just looking for a thread that dealt specifically with THIS question only. Just the facts.. i.e., the official Tea Party stance on Health Reform (which I can't seem to find on the web either) in a nutshell. You know, here's why we're against healthcare reform: 1, 2, 3. And here's our proposed solution.
Or, do they even really know (or can they all agree upon) what they believe in...?
I'm waiting... I really, truly want to know. If I missed a thread that discusses this clearly and simply, and rationally,, then please enlighten me...

Oh I see. I misunderstood you. I thought you were asking what people who attend the Tea Parties ideas are on health care reform. You do understand, no matter what the left wingers say, the Tea Party is totally grassroots and is not an official party yet.

I will tell you some of my ideas on reform. First of all, one step at a time. Open insurance across all state lines. Competition drives down prices. Quality will drive out the bad companies. Force drug companies to sell us drugs at the same price they give to foreign countries. Start deporting all illegal immigrants, one of the biggest cost on health care.

Make all in government employees use the same health care, right up to the top. NO pork, no special deals in the bill. A clean bill dealing ONLY with health care. All bills must be read and posted for three months to be throughly understood. ALL MONIES cllected for health care must be secured in a seperate account and not used for any other purpose.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:30 PM

<I thought you were asking what people who attend the Tea Parties ideas are on health care reform>

No prob, dcs... actually I *was* asking what they believe in. So many threads just sink into arguments, and I was just looking for the actual beliefs on this issue only- and their proposal for a solution. So thanks for getting it started. Yes I do know it's not a real political party.. but surely they have come together to agree on the key issues..? or not....?

So (broken record here)- what does the TP propose as the solution for health care reform? I know what you just said (and yes the illegal issue is a no-brainer to me-- but good luck with that one!),, but- how do we make sure that coverage is affordable for all working citizens who want &/or need it....? (I know you mentioned govt workers, but what about the rest....?)

Don't you agree that profits for the insurance companies should be limited, young women shouldn't have to pay 2-3x as much as the men, and people shouldn't be denied/dropped for PE conditions....?? I don't understand why the TB's don't seem to care about any of these issues, which are pretty huge for the rest of us...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies