Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 10:20 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,676,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
I am from mexico and I will keep on defending the tea party.you people from the left are always trying to drive a wedge between peoples.we hispanic dont buy your b.s. any longer.the man you sopport as your president is a communist a chavez,a casto we know those kind of people we dont like them
You have the right to both support the Tea Party Movement, and to not agree with the President or his policies...both of those are a given...

However, this 'he's a commie like Castro and Chavez' is old, noisy, and quite tiresome...and also this malarkey about labeling anyone who isn't on 'your side' as a leftist is just flat-out dumb...

We who support the president aren't buying anyone else's BS either, so I guess that makes us even
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 09:10 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,648,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db1025 View Post
Do you know what Mexicans and Latin Americans call US citizens when they are in their countries? Gringo.... What's good for the goose is goose for the gander.
They call us Ganders?

Well we'll just have to find a better name to call them

Old 04-18-2010, 09:21 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,586,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
I am from mexico and I will keep on defending the tea party.you people from the left are always trying to drive a wedge between peoples.we hispanic dont buy your b.s. any longer.the man you sopport as your president is a communist a chavez,a casto we know those kind of people we dont like them

Learn some American history. It's the right that has been driving wedges between peoples.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:32 AM

161 posts, read 514,403 times
I find it ironic, "FACTSPLEASE" that your name does not denote your rant. Are you people as gullible as your sound? Let's see..if anyone posts ANY thing on a site...you all actually believe it? Pathetically ignorant.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:47 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,571,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
You have the right to both support the Tea Party Movement, and to not agree with the President or his policies...both of those are a given...

However, this 'he's a commie like Castro and Chavez' is old, noisy, and quite tiresome...and also this malarkey about labeling anyone who isn't on 'your side' as a leftist is just flat-out dumb...

We who support the president aren't buying anyone else's BS either, so I guess that makes us even
as old and noisy as it may seem it is the truth. he loves to redistribute everyone else wealth . a sign of a true commie.what more proof do you want. taking from the rich and giving it to us, the poor people is a sure sign of a true commie.wanting to dictate the kind of health care you get,a sure sign of a commie.. communism sounds good and just,in theory.but in actuality it is hell on earth

Old 04-22-2010, 06:59 PM

19,784 posts, read 12,037,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I would not expect any better from the tea people. A bunch of whiners and losers. Out yesterday griping about taxes when 99% of them are paying less than they did under Bush. Silly.

Do you have a link to support this "fact"?

Old 04-22-2010, 07:01 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,661,760 times
If it's perfectly acceptable for blacks to use the n-word, then it should be acceptable for this man who has a Hispanic son to use a word that those outside that circle would define as a "racial slur".

If not, why the double standard?

Old 04-22-2010, 07:05 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,061,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Wow the left is dense. ALL hispanics are NOT pro ILLEGAL immigration and not ALL illegal immigrants are hispanic.
Too; back in the Jim Crow days, a few 'Hispanics' were members of groups like the White Citizen's Council...............Judge Leander H. Perez (Islano heritage) of St Bernard Parish, La. comes to mind. After reading about that man; he would have been a Klansman had he not been a Roman Catholic.

Perez was a vicious White supremacist............along the lines of Bull Connor.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:10 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,061,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Hmmm... not that I agree with the Tea Parties or Tea Baggers, but is it the slur or the observation about race that is the problem?

Food for thought:

Plenty of white people lament events, areas, schools, etc. that are "too white" or too full of honkeys, crackers, etc..... are they being racist or hating themselves or their children?
No joke there. I use the phrase PW Trash to describe the Anglo versions of illegal aliens----------and, I am White.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:11 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,223,959 times
It's really sad when people have to use racial and ethnic slurs to vent their anger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies