Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 03:09 AM

132 posts, read 89,075 times

Advertisements

SPRINGBORO — Racist comments, including a slur about Hispanics, posted on the Twitter page of the Springboro Tea Party were particularly hurtful to Alana Turner.“Illegals everywhere today! So many spics makes me feel like a speck. Grrr. Wheres my gun!?” said the March 21 posting on the site managed by the group’s founder, Sonny Thomas.
Turner said the comments upset her because she and Thomas have a 6-year-old son who is part Hispanic.
“Basically, it’s like he’s saying he hates his son,” Turner said.

Racial slur by Tea Party leader hits home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 06:30 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardonaye View Post
SPRINGBORO — Racist comments, including a slur about Hispanics, posted on the Twitter page of the Springboro Tea Party were particularly hurtful to Alana Turner.“Illegals everywhere today! So many spics makes me feel like a speck. Grrr. Wheres my gun!?” said the March 21 posting on the site managed by the group’s founder, Sonny Thomas.
Turner said the comments upset her because she and Thomas have a 6-year-old son who is part Hispanic.

Typical hypocrisy by the Right.

Sorta like Strom Thurmond denying his black daughter.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:36 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:

More racism from a Teabagger. It's become painfully obvious what they're all about..

Old 04-16-2010, 07:23 AM

470 posts, read 462,021 times
Do you know what Mexicans and Latin Americans call US citizens when they are in their countries? Gringo.... What's good for the goose is goose for the gander.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:27 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:

My own Puerto Rican stepfather has told me before "The only thing wrong with Puerto Rico is that it's full of Puerto Ricans", and has used the sp1c word before on many occassions to describe the lazier bunch. It's not uncommon to use a comment to describe folks who cause the troubles and make their own race look bad. He busted his a**, nearly got killed in 'Nam, and worked hard for himself through a divorce and raising 5 kids, none of them did drugs or have a record. I laugh at this sort of garbage started by the armchair quarterbacks. When we were at Luqillo Beach, he saw what the Puerto Ricans did over the 4th of July weekend, basically trashed the beach. We wanted to hang out on the beach and enjoy my last day on the island, and he chewed out the national park staff and told him that he's ashamed to be associated with these folks by race because they're too lazy to clean up the piles of garbage that made a nice park look like a tornado struck.

Does he hate his heritage? Nope. He still visits PR often and brings my mom and I along for the ride sometimes. He still has family over there and sometimes he has to lecture them to represent better.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:30 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Yep, follow the actions and uncut sentiment, not the propaganda and broadcasts.

People will never learn.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:16 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
My own Puerto Rican stepfather has told me before "The only thing wrong with Puerto Rico is that it's full of Puerto Ricans", and has used the sp1c word before on many occassions to describe the lazier bunch. It's not uncommon to use a comment to describe folks who cause the troubles and make their own race look bad. He busted his a**, nearly got killed in 'Nam, and worked hard for himself through a divorce and raising 5 kids, none of them did drugs or have a record. I laugh at this sort of garbage started by the armchair quarterbacks. When we were at Luqillo Beach, he saw what the Puerto Ricans did over the 4th of July weekend, basically trashed the beach. We wanted to hang out on the beach and enjoy my last day on the island, and he chewed out the national park staff and told him that he's ashamed to be associated with these folks by race because they're too lazy to clean up the piles of garbage that made a nice park look like a tornado struck.

Does he hate his heritage? Nope. He still visits PR often and brings my mom and I along for the ride sometimes. He still has family over there and sometimes he has to lecture them to represent better.
Keep on making excuses for the racist tea party members

Old 04-16-2010, 09:22 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Keep on making excuses for the racist tea party members
Sure thing boss.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:23 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Wow the left is dense. ALL hispanics are NOT pro ILLEGAL immigration and not ALL illegal immigrants are hispanic.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:41 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Wow the left is dense. ALL hispanics are NOT pro ILLEGAL immigration and not ALL illegal immigrants are hispanic.
No one said nor implied that they are. This thread is about using a racial slur not to debate whether or not all hispanics are pro illegal immigration or all illegal immigrants are hispanic. Clearly those on the right are dense if they think that all liberals are pro illegal immigration.

It was people on the right (probably tea baggers) that came out to a townhall meeting to protest against healthcare reform who told my Puerto Rican friend to "go back to Mexico". She was born, raised and pays taxes in this country. Clearly racism is common on the right. Do you folks ever acknowledge the racists and denounce them? I rarely see anyone doing this but defending this behavior seems to be very common and only confirms what people who are not on your side think of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies