Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2010, 12:04 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Stupid questions? You obviously don't know what the history of "is" is. You're probably too young to know who said that, and why they said it. I said it because you got so bogged down in your personal definition of suck it up buttercup instead of debating abortion.

I honestly doubt you are capable of serious discussions based simply on the quality of the posts you have submitted thus far and your radical views.

Good luck in your endeavor to force women to have unwanted pregnancies. Don't hold your breath or you might cut off the much-needed oxygen to your brain. You needn't respond as I am already an emotional wreck from the guilt I feel for having robbed you of your invaluable time.
Why don't you educate me then. Who was the first to say "is" and why did they say it? I always love history lessons. Also while your at it because you seem so ingrained in history, why don't you tell me who was the first to say "to" and why that person said it also. Just so I don't make a mistake like using "to" in the wrong context.

Suck it up, is what is being said, it is being said to the person being referred to as buttercup. If you don't understand the English language and how it is structured, you have more to learn than me.

I don't know about you, but I am capable of multitasking. I can have silly discussions with you while still debating the primary topic at hand.

So tell me, if I am unable to have serious conversations about this, what does it say of the people here who have been able to maintain the conversation with me. Last time I checked I haven't been having a debate with a brick wall for the past twenty pages. And actually you have been in a debate with me also, so what does that say about you?

Whatever you say. This sentence just proves that you choose to read and remember what you want when you are in a debate, which frankly is not a very effective way of debating.

Your funny .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 12:07 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
You are correct. This thread is not about religion it is about men controlling and subjugating women by forcing them to carry all pregnancies to term. Abortion is about power and who has it. This thread is about the freedom of half the human race. It is not about me, he, he.
notice you don't care about the "freedom" of the children being killed, especially the female ones? Ironic that the most helpless segment of society is "choice". Since when has "freedom" been associated with something like aborting your own child?

Old 06-11-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
notice you don't care about the "freedom" of the children being killed, especially the female ones? Ironic that the most helpless segment of society is "choice". Since when has "freedom" been associated with something like aborting your own child?
Hey they are just happy that their mothers didn't choose to abort them. But once they are born the jump on the pro-abortion bandwagon too. They really don't care about anyone but themselves such a shame.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:17 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post

ahhh bet the you back again? can you direct me to your post answering the forced breeding question? or haven't you answered that yet?

I get to these posts late as my time zone is after most of yours but I wanted to tank you all who posted about religion not being relevant to the thread or yourselves. you said it for me and better than I could have myself

Old 06-11-2010, 12:38 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,501,246 times
Alright. We need to cover two subjects in order to further this discussion.

When is something living, i.e. when does life start and why?

When is something dead, i.e. when does life end and why?

Old 06-11-2010, 12:42 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Why don't you educate me then. Who was the first to say "is" and why did they say it? I always love history lessons. Also while your at it because you seem so ingrained in history, why don't you tell me who was the first to say "to" and why that person said it also. Just so I don't make a mistake like using "to" in the wrong context.

Suck it up, is what is being said, it is being said to the person being referred to as buttercup. If you don't understand the English language and how it is structured, you have more to learn than me.

I don't know about you, but I am capable of multitasking. I can have silly discussions with you while still debating the primary topic at hand.

So tell me, if I am unable to have serious conversations about this, what does it say of the people here who have been able to maintain the conversation with me. Last time I checked I haven't been having a debate with a brick wall for the past twenty pages. And actually you have been in a debate with me also, so what does that say about you?

Whatever you say. This sentence just proves that you choose to read and remember what you want when you are in a debate, which frankly is not a very effective way of debating.

Your funny .
That's a nice rainbow you got going there, John. I'm GLAAD to see it . Here's a flag in your honor.

And I am so glaad that if my chosen method of BC fails, I get to have an abortion if that's what I want. Freedom of choice is here to stay.

God bless America!
Attached Thumbnails
Tee hee, abortion is all about me!-rainbow-flag.jpg  

Old 06-11-2010, 12:46 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post

I agree. I found out I was pregnant only 3 weeks into it. My son's "heart" didn't start beating until 8 weeks. I put heart in quotations b/c technically it isn't actually a developed, semi-developed, or even a developing heart. It's just blood circulating through my body to this particular cell that will eventually form and develop into a fetus with organs.

So, does that mean from time of conception to 6-8 weeks is it okay to have an abortion? Since it doesn't actually have a "beating heart?"

Old 06-11-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post

Not that I am arguing on this side of the discussion (killing a baby [I'm arguing for responsibility instead]) I will say what constitutes life, and death is the abstinence of life so thats pretty simple.

Six characteristics of Living organisms

1. Must be made of cells.
2. Must be able to metabolize
3. Must be capable of homeostasis
4. Must be capable of reproduction
5. Must be able to respond to stimulus
6. Must be able to evolve over generations

Old 06-11-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
That's a nice rainbow you got going there, John. I'm GLAAD to see it . Here's a flag in your honor.

And I am so glaad that if my chosen method of BC fails, I get to have an abortion if that's what I want. Freedom of choice is here to stay.

God bless America!

Oh please, the only reason I used those colors was because it is easier to do it that way than to quote each sentence individually. More proof you guys/ladies read into everything so much.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:58 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I have said this time and time again. It is not my fault you have not read threw the entire thread because if you did you would see I have answered that question numerous times. Before I joined this thread I had read threw all the posts already made before I made posts of my own, to make sure I wasn't repeating any questions. If you can't have the same respect for me as I give other people then, I don't know. If you are really interested in the answer to the question (which is what this whole thread is about) then you will stop complaining that everything isn't handed to you on a silver platter and actually do some work, go back and read threw the thread and find out for yourself.
That is the third lengthy post about why you won't answer such a simple question.

So, as I understand it, you feel women should be punished for having sex and that is why you are against abortion.

OK

Oh, and BTW, the word is "THROUGH" not "threw"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies