Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 05:45 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,552,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
What's the whining for? It sounds like two crooks got what they deserved. Also, that family doesn't have limp along broken anymore. Sounds like a win to me.
Finally a comment I agree with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 11:18 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
If the offender if known to have been sexually assaulted him- or herself, they can work on getting that out of his or her system so it no longer needs to be re-enacted (traumatized people often cope with what happened to them by re-enacting it to make it come out better this time, and in the case of a sex offender it can mean re-enacting it with me as the offender and you as the victim in my re-enactment, because that's way better than me as the victim, right?).

But treatment may or may not work. Sex offenses are not like depression. Depression makes the depressed person miserable and likely to try anything to feel better. Sex offenders make themselves feel better by DOING a sex offense. Why would they want to change that?
Part of the reason treatment may not work is that those designing the treatment seem unaware that just because we call something "abuse", or the law does, does not mean it was 'traumatic'. Let's say an offender discloses that Father O'Frisky jerked him off when he was 12. The therapist says "We'll work on getting you over that trauma." The offender replies "What trauma? I rather enjoyed myself. It's a great memory I like to relive often." Where exactly does the therapy proceed from there? And that's supposing an unusually honest offender, one who is not trying to tell the therapist what the therapist wants to hear...

Until we are honest about the fact that every instance of what we term 'abuse' does not create a traumatized victim, we won't even know where to start.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:26 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,123 times
More proof that there are too many lunatics having children. That act by the son does not equal a death sentence. Dad should get the same, in the public square downtown.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:52 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,634,911 times
Society should do this to all the child molesters.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:13 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
More proof that there are too many lunatics having children. That act by the son does not equal a death sentence. Dad should get the same, in the public square downtown.
Agreed. I find the reactions of most of the people on this thread to be barbaric, uncivilized, and just plain repugnant.

No 15 year old deserves to be executed for undefined "inappropriate contact" with a child. The article didn't even say what the kid did, and yet there were a dozen people perfectly happy with him being stripped, beaten, and shot in the back of the head.

A 15 year old is 3 years away from being able to vote. A year away from being able to drive. A year away from being able to hold a job. 1-3 years away from being able to consent to sex. 6 years away from being able to drink. 2 years away from being able to enlist in the armed services. 3 years away from being able to sign a contract. So we recognize that he's not an adult, does not have a fully matured intellect or personality yet. But if he has inappropriate contact with a child, forget even an attempt at therapy, let's just pummel him and then shoot him in the head?

If it was a 30 year old who did this, then sure lock him up and throw away the key. But this was a kid. You don't execute kids in civilized society.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:10 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,123 times
The comments agreeing with the father are evidence of the kind of murderous mindset that contributes to the mass shooter violence growing around us each day. Your comment is entirely sensible Kidkaos2. But thanks to the NRA street gang, I just don't think people care about things like that anymore. Especially when they are out for blood, seeking excuses to carry guns, take the law into ones own hands and play macho wild west cowboy.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:49 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Agreed. I find the reactions of most of the people on this thread to be barbaric, uncivilized, and just plain repugnant.

No 15 year old deserves to be executed for undefined "inappropriate contact" with a child. The article didn't even say what the kid did, and yet there were a dozen people perfectly happy with him being stripped, beaten, and shot in the back of the head.

A 15 year old is 3 years away from being able to vote. A year away from being able to drive. A year away from being able to hold a job. 1-3 years away from being able to consent to sex. 6 years away from being able to drink. 2 years away from being able to enlist in the armed services. 3 years away from being able to sign a contract. So we recognize that he's not an adult, does not have a fully matured intellect or personality yet. But if he has inappropriate contact with a child, forget even an attempt at therapy, let's just pummel him and then shoot him in the head?

If it was a 30 year old who did this, then sure lock him up and throw away the key. But this was a kid. You don't execute kids in civilized society.
Agreed, although I want all potential sex offenders to believe most of society thinks like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
What's the whining for? It sounds like two crooks got what they deserved. Also, that family doesn't have limp along broken anymore. Sounds like a win to me.
A good compromise might have been to hold him down and point a gun at him and say, "I don't care how many times you've done that in the past, but if you ever do that again, I'm going to shoot you with this gun, in a place where it will not kill you...probably...but it will hurt a lot. Don't do it again."

I also like the idea of interrogating him, in a stress inducing way, if he goes somewhere you didn't know about...generally reminding him that, until he moves out, he will be watched.

I don't like the idea of treating him like he's suffering from a mental sickness at all. He messed up in the same way a rapist messes up, unless "inappropriate contact" means something relatively innocent...and being paranoid about being a pedophile, and confessing because of that, just doesn't seem like something many people would do.

Last edited by Clintone; 01-27-2013 at 08:39 AM..

Old 01-27-2013, 09:06 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
As near as I can tell, this was the first instant in time the kid had ever been identified as a pedophile, if he was one at all. (I mean, "inappropriate touching" = what, exactly?) But it's a brutal job trying to change someone's sexual desires. Imagine someone demanding that you give up the one thing you enjoy most, now, for life, and any slip will get you imprisoned and publicly shamed for life, if not lynched. And for crying out loud, if he really is a pedophile and that pedophile is also a 15-year-old boy, well, I'm sorry, but there is no creature more sexually-oriented on the planet. Rotsa ruck changing it. I have a friend who specializes in sex offender treatment, and all her teaching materials seem to focus on "DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY'LL DO TO YOU IF THIS EVER HAPPENS AGAIN???" It's a scared-straight kind of thing. If the offender if known to have been sexually assaulted him- or herself, they can work on getting that out of his or her system so it no longer needs to be re-enacted (traumatized people often cope with what happened to them by re-enacting it to make it come out better this time, and in the case of a sex offender it can mean re-enacting it with me as the offender and you as the victim in my re-enactment, because that's way better than me as the victim, right?).

But treatment may or may not work. Sex offenses are not like depression. Depression makes the depressed person miserable and likely to try anything to feel better. Sex offenders make themselves feel better by DOING a sex offense. Why would they want to change that?
That's why I think the dad should have threatened to shoot him in the arm or something. Give him a fear incentive until he gets used to the idea of potentially having zero sex for life. He's fifteen, which means he probably hasn't had time to get used to controlling his emotions yet. If it'd continue, maybe consider genuinely shooting in some non lethal spot so he knows the dad's not joking. (I say consider, because we don't know what "inappropriate contact" means)...unfortunately there might be legal ramifications to that....

Old 01-27-2013, 09:21 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
Jamar Pinkney Sr. and his ex-wife Lazette Cherry had a 15 year old son, Jamar Pinkney Jr.

Jamar Jr. admitted to his Mother that he had molested his 3 year old half sister (his Mom's daughter with her new husband).

Lazette Cherry called her ex-husband, Jamar Sr., and told him what their son had confessed to her. Jamar Sr. arrived at her home to speak with their son. He brought a gun with him.

He pistol-whipped the boy, made him strip naked, marched him outside to a vacant lot next to the house where he made the boy kneel on his knees while he shot his own son in the head execution style.

Father Kills Son for Molesting Sister
I've got no problem with what this father did. Putting that boy in the system would not solve anything, he would be trouble his entire life. Who better to take care of this kid than his own father? I see this particular case as righteous. I could see giving him 6 months, but first degree murder withou taking into account the mitigating circumstances is just lunacy. This is a good man, keeping his family safe. We cannot throw away his life, for acting in his families interest. The state take too long, and often doesn't render justice, this is nice, clean and direct. I support this man. Every case must be looked at individually.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:23 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
That is disturbing.

Not to justify the kids actions (or the fathers for that matter), but the story states "inappropriate contact" by the 15 year old. Hard to say what that is, but to speculate, I don't think it was a severe action by its mention (if it was rape, or similar forced conduct, you would think they would note such).

If it were a severe action as I noted, I could understand some emotional distress from the father to commit such an action, not justifying it certainly, but understand it.

Yet if it were a mild abuse as the article suggests, the boy is 15 and could have been possibly corrected in his behavior growing up to be a normal person who acted stupidly as a child.

Death as punishment for this minor due to the circumstances is rather severe and I find the manner in which the father conducted his crime to be even more disturbing.
I agree. This new pc language is confusing. What's the difference between molesting and raping?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies