Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 11:34 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times

Advertisements

It also seems the ones who pay no Federal Income taxes are always the supporters of more govt spending.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 11:35 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
What if everybody in this country didn't pay tax EXCEPT YOU.

You are making the claim that you would be upset if you complained about the amount of spending at the same time that you argued that others should pay some too.

When did I make those claims. Do you have a link to those quotes. I'd like to see it.

Quote:
Your argument makes NO sense. Yet you just keep repeating it post after post in numerous threads.

At what point are you actually going to address your illogical position that you keep repeating over and over and over?
What argument was that? My only argument was that you cannot be against raising taxes when you want half the the US to pay more taxes. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. I never said I was against this idea. I was merely pointing out a contradictatory idea.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:38 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
What argument was that? My only argument was that you cannot be against raising taxes when you want half the the US to pay more taxes. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. I never said I was against this idea. I was merely pointing out a contradictatory idea.

false logic

you can be FOR lowering taxes and making them more level/fair...... lowering the overall rate for everyone and REQUIRING those that didnt pay..would actually be LOWERING taxes

again....do YOU think its fair that 50% of the income earners pay 97% of the taxes???? YES or NO

Old 04-16-2010, 11:42 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
false logic

you can be FOR lowering taxes and making them more level/fair...... lowering the overall rate for everyone and REQUIRING those that didnt pay..would actually be LOWERING taxes
You admit, in order to lower taxes for some, you have to raise it for others. Got it.

Quote:
again....do YOU think its fair that 50% of the income earners pay 97% of the taxes???? YES or NO
Of course it's not fair, luckily it's not true. Another tea party myth. In essence your argument is, lower taxes for the rich, raise it for the poor, yes or not. I answered your question.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:49 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
More Alinsky false attacks. you guys never give up. you are tenacious that is for sure.

mind numbed freaks willing to lie, tell half truths and take things out of context but you are tenacious.

In almost every case tenaciously fraudulent, but truth has never mattered to Media Matters.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:50 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
You admit, in order to lower taxes for some, you have to raise it for others. Got it.

Of course it's not fair, luckily it's not true. Another tea party myth. In essence your argument is, lower taxes for the rich, raise it for the poor, yes or not. I answered your question.
I dont want any INCOME tax

I want the fair tax

BTW

I am one of those 47% that pay ZERO FEDERAL INCOME TAX.....and I made 60k last year

as posted here.... //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post13737885

Old 04-16-2010, 11:57 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,716 times
Quote:
In order for your argument about it being contridicting to make sense, everybody would have to pay the same amount of tax.

That isn't the case, thus there is no contridiction.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:00 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Is this the same hannity who was tied in with Lord Stanfords Ponzi Scheme, or the one who is tied in with convicted felons Liddy and North "Helping" the families of disabled vets.
Would you buy a used car from this guy?

Old 04-16-2010, 12:11 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
oh for heavens sake, you know he was referring to income tax..we all know everyone pays a certain amount of tax, whether it is sales tax, gas tax (which of course is a form of sales tax) or whatever.. You don't like Hanity, that is your choice, but this constantly spiinning everything he says is getting a little out of control.

Nita
How is this spinning everything he says?? He did not say federal income taxes. He said taxes. HE is the one who is spinning. HE is the one who is lying.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:11 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Let me get this straight. In this discussion, it's wrong to say these people pay no taxes because they pay taxes other than income tax. However, in a discussion about taxes being raised, taxes outside of income tax don't count?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies