Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 07:29 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSO View Post
A quote comes to mind....
"You raise your voice when you should reinforce your argument."
Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

I would like to see a means by which those unable to get off work could be represented by proxy by those who can. Like a specific sign representing them that is readily recognizable to others. I have a disabled friend who desperately wanted to be there and have her position represented.

But yes, the numbers are definately growing. People are, slowly, waking up.

I agree. I will have to think about that. I was caught off guard by unexpected customers from out of state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 07:32 PM
DSO

57 posts, read 76,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
I really don't understand all this fear from the right. I think the fear is that the old boy status quo doesn't exist anymore. I really think folks don't like change. I feel Tea Party people and conservatives are scared. That their America is changing. And you know what...it is. Once you embrace and accept it, you guys won't be so scared that the world is going to end.
You are missing it. The old boys club is alive and well, the status quo has only been demolished in word - not deed. Welcome to your future:

"If you love wealth (or in today's system entitlement) more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”—Samuel Adams

Old 04-16-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Bush and Cheney woke us up on corruption, #1.
This adminstration is focused on improving American's lives, and in securing our safety. But I understand, the party that is out of power will always attack, even if they don't have much ammo.

He has failed on both counts. I don't know if you have noticed but people's lives are getting worse. You do not make a country stronger by bowing all over the world like a common house servant or disrespecting the very country you were elected to lead.

I never voted for Bush so I will not respond. He is no longer in office and has nothing to do with hussein obama's actions.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:34 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,228,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSO View Post
You are missing it. The old boys club is alive and well, the status quo has only been demolished in word - not deed. Welcome to your future:

"If you love wealth (or in today's system entitlement) more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”—Samuel Adams
I think you guys are overreacting.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
I think you guys are overreacting.

I think it is possible you are very young and do not understand you should be reacting.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:36 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,228,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
He has failed on both counts. I don't know if you have noticed but people's lives are getting worse. You do not make a country stronger by bowing all over the world like a common house servant or disrespecting the very country you were elected to lead.

I never voted for Bush so I will not respond. He is no longer in office and has nothing to do with hussein obama's actions.
And Obama is to blame for the economic crisis that begin BEFORE he took office? So now being safe from TERRORISTS is no longer a priority for us?? Your arguments have no validity to them.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
And Obama is to blame for the economic crisis that begin BEFORE he took office? So now being safe from TERRORISTS is no longer a priority for us?? Your arguments have no validity to them.

The biggest underminig of the economy came at the hands of Democrats in control of Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac with ACORN (hussein obama's buddies) harassing banks to take on high risk loans. Even when Bush was questioning them they continued to say everything was just fine. Bush had his responsibility in the spending game but it is hussein obama that went on the biggest spending spree in history in the shortest amount of time possible. Most of that money went to foreign countries and districts that do not even exist. As for the terrorist, according to "the one" they are no big deal. hussein obama has an easier time attacking the citizens of this country than saying a bad word about real terrorists. From what I have heard from his mouth he is always making excuses for them. "Let's not jump to conclusions" Up until recently this jackel and his criminal administration couldn't even say the word terrorist unless he was talking about American citizens.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:36 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I did, and I brought a bunch of flyers about Federal spending, that I ran off. See one at:

http://www.Little-Acorn.com/pics/FedSpend00.gif

This TEA party was pretty minor as TEA Parties go. people were gathering at every Post Office in San Diego, bringing signs, pamphlets, all the usual stuff, and displaying them for all those lucky people who were coming to mail their checks to Uncle Sam. We guessed that most of the people getting refunds, had already sent in their returns long ago. But the people who had to pay more (including moi, $6200 on top of what was already withheld) were carefully waiting to the very last day. And we weren't disappointed. Saw a LOT of thumbs-up gestures (yes, they WERE thumbs, I checked carefully), a lot of smiles and honked horns, and met a lot of pretty nice people.

TEA Partiers were spread out among all the different Post Offices, so there were never more than a few hundred in any particular place, I understand. Not sure how many Post Offices there are in San Diego, but I'd guess the turnout was pretty good overall, especially for something that wasn't advertised at all.

Anybody else do this in your town?

P.S. I'm re-activating my website, after a long hiatus. See the first few bits of it at:

http://www.Little-Acorn.com

Enjoy!

There is a meeting here April 22, "Earth Day", otherwise known as Lenin's birthday (heh, heh).

Old 04-19-2010, 12:26 PM

857 posts, read 2,001,845 times
i know most of you teabaggers are also scholarly economists, so there's probably no need to point out that charts and graphs the show expenditures over time are only really useful if they use INFLATION-ADJUSTED numbers...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies