Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 11:04 AM

42,579 posts, read 86,772,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
. It's always been what they do, not how much melanin they were born with.
I'd like you go get someone to help you do a little test. Put on a couple of hours of daytime talk shows like Jerry Springer or Maury Povich or Judge Judy, and you go into another room. As each guest comes on, and you hear them talking, try to guess what color they are. I bet you'll score at least 90%, maybe 100. Without looking at the screen, how can you possibly know "how much melanin they were born with"?

The answer is, in the USA, in 2010, people born with more melanin BEHAVE differently, and you can tell them by their behavior. Language is learned behavior---you are not born with it. Behavior is what you feel perfectly OK judging people on.

Last edited by jtur88; 04-17-2010 at 11:12 AM..

Old 04-17-2010, 12:16 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,272,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippy4m3 View Post
Yea, the blonde hoes and skanks are always with them. Dont you watch music videos????? LOL!!!!!!!!!!1
You mean crack hoe's??

Old 04-17-2010, 12:30 PM

Default Please watch.

Quote:
Good point! But, not all black people behave this way, surely even you know that. If you don't, I say stop watching tv. Good point nonetheless..
This video is an example of the type of culture that blacks need to shy away from and scares the hell out of white people----HipHop: Beyond Beats & Rhymes

Old 04-17-2010, 01:14 PM

72,875 posts, read 62,373,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
This video is an example of the type of culture that blacks need to shy away from and scares the hell out of white people----HipHop: Beyond Beats & Rhymes
Which white people? I have seen some White people who seem thrilled by it, and in many cases, expect it from Black people

Old 04-17-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Which white people? I have seen some White people who seem thrilled by it, and in many cases, expect it from Black people
Being a White guy, believe me, most half decent people I know, black or white absolutely despise this garbage.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:47 PM

5,408 posts, read 7,785,244 times
Some of the little white suburban gangstas want to be like Eminem so they may toss the n word out on occasion.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:25 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,396,997 times
Quote:
So, I have been wondering this for a little while. The whole n__ word argument was blown out of proportion some years back. Black leaders (whoever and whereever they are) and Bill Cosby, supposedly were trying to ban the word, telling people not to use it. Anywho, I would always hear whites saying, "well, I can't use that word, I can't say that, only you can". They would complain that they don't know when to use it, who to use it to, where, all that. Whites, that I know personally, and my boss, specifically said, "the word shouldn't be allowed to be used, it is a hurtful word and it has a horrible history".

Now, I understand and agree that the word has a horrible history, but whocares?? Why do white people want to be able to say this word?? That is what I don't understand. What is the big deal?? And why because white people "can't" say it (they can say what they want really), should the word be banned from existence?? Also, of all the issues in the black community to give a damn about, why this one??

Thanks, my white peeps )
Personally, the "N" word was/is never allowed in my house. Neither is the "B" word (referring to women).

Indeed, black people do refer to themselves as "*****" and women call themselves "b#%ch" but I believe it is wrong to cross the race/sex line in that regard.

Certain words reflect hate and intend to hurt and belittle, there can be little doubt for those with a conscience. Addressing people by their name is always best.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:29 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,180,420 times
Quote:
So, I have been wondering this for a little while. The whole n__ word argument was blown out of proportion some years back. Black leaders (whoever and whereever they are) and Bill Cosby, supposedly were trying to ban the word, telling people not to use it. Anywho, I would always hear whites saying, "well, I can't use that word, I can't say that, only you can". They would complain that they don't know when to use it, who to use it to, where, all that. Whites, that I know personally, and my boss, specifically said, "the word shouldn't be allowed to be used, it is a hurtful word and it has a horrible history".

Now, I understand and agree that the word has a horrible history, but whocares?? Why do white people want to be able to say this word?? That is what I don't understand. What is the big deal?? And why because white people "can't" say it (they can say what they want really), should the word be banned from existence?? Also, of all the issues in the black community to give a damn about, why this one??

Thanks, my white peeps )
Equal rights for all?????

Old 04-17-2010, 02:31 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,491,742 times

Old 04-17-2010, 02:47 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,985,474 times
I am not one for banning any word but I sure wish the use of the N word would cease and desist!

Signed,

An anonymous white gal posting on CD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.