Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2010, 02:03 AM

2,441 posts, read 7,006,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Still purposely perpetuating the lie of what never happened? Andrew Brieitbart has a reward to go for NAACP scholarships if you have the video proof. Excuse me if I don't hold my breath.
Were you there? Doubtful.

Just because it wasn't caught on video doesn't mean it didn't happen. I trust that these men had no reason to lie about being called the "N" word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 06:29 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You trust politicians too much. Rep John Lewis has a history of playing the race card.

Yeah, he got his butt beaten into a pulp numerous times because he wanted everyone to see that race card of his................

Old 04-19-2010, 07:50 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,932,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerLuvr View Post
Well, SHE was making the claim that it was a lie. Therefore, she has to prove it never happened if she claims it's a LIE.

Of course, those who would try to confuse will continue to do so regardless of facts.
That's just abouot the most ridiculous statement I can imagine. Do you actually believe that the onus of proof is on the person who says something DIDN'T happen? OK, let's play.
You stole my car last night. I saw you.

Go ahead. Prove you didn't. After all, that's how you say it works.

Do you see the idiocy now?

Old 04-19-2010, 07:57 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Liberals really are , (sorry Governor Palin ) retards! RealClearPolitics - Video - NBC Reporter To Black Man At Tea Party: "Have You Ever Felt Uncomfortable?" Kelly Odonell, have yooooooooooou ever felt uncomfortable?
I cannot watch the video where i am, but I saw that interview on TV, did you hear the reporter giggle when the guy said "my people"? Maybe she thought the guy was "from the Special Olympics or something"?

Old 04-19-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
In other words, when an experimental economic policy creates a tinderbox situation, inevitably resulting in a 100 million acres fire laying waste 60yrs of growth, you'll absolve yourselves of all responsibility for voting that policy for 30yrs but blame the fire department for all actions taken to manage a global nightmare.

*** This message brought to you by the <former> party of accountability, now professional victim pity party
Well, when the fire truck shows up loaded with newspapers, bundles of currogated cardboard, and and a small forest worth of logs, it's a good idea to remind them that they are supposed to be trying to EXTINGUISH the fire, isn't it? Or would you prefer we help them throw those logs on top of the burning stack?

Old 04-19-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
Were you there? Doubtful.

Just because it wasn't caught on video doesn't mean it didn't happen. I trust that these men had no reason to lie about being called the "N" word.
Are you kidding?
Of course they had a reason to claim they were verbally attacked and called "the n word". It gives them a way to bypass actual discussion on the issue. It lets them play the role of victim, and to dismiss all opposition as ugly ignorant racists. So much easier than actually defending their positions.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:17 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Funny how that works. Of course the moment he summons the audacity to advocate such evils as equality and social justice he just becomes another Al Sharpton to them, his honorary white conservative token badge having been duly and expeditiously revoked.
advocating social justice hardly makes one an 'al sharpton' in anyone's book.

shrieking racism at the drop of a hat and pushing fiascoes like the imaginary tawana brawley incident, crown heights, and freddy's fashion mart - which ruined reputations and got numerous people killed - does.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:31 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,200,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
They have been whipped into a hysteria by Beck, Limbaugh, Palin and others, some if it driven by the race of our President.
You've got it backwards. It's the LEFT that has whipped itself into a hysteria and is frothing at the mouth in their hatred of Beck, Limbaugh and Palin. This entire statement is beneath contempt, especially the last part.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:35 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The people who actively protested Bush were far fewer than the mob that has formed against President Obama.
People react to the economy. Obama was handed a weaker economy. If Obama came before Bush, Bush would be catching hell right now.

Quote:
I do not recall people who didn't vote for George W actually voicing that they "want the President to fail" even before he stepped into the Oval Office as they did with President Obama.
The media loves to run this spin too. Each side wants the other to fail. This is old news. Same BS when the some of the Repubs call people against the "War on Terror" unpatriotic.

Quote:
There was a determined viciousness from day one against President Obama that has continued to pound a message of hatred cloaked under the guise of "anti-tax" and "smaller gov't".
When times are tough people protest more. Your idea of viciousness is different from mine. I care a lot more about the issues people are protesting. Substance over style.
Generally speaking the Republicans have been for lower taxes. The smaller gov't is a partial truth. Smaller government on policies that fit the Republicans agenda. When they say "smaller Government does not include the military" I get confused. Team America?

Quote:
I personally could care less if people oppose President Obama's policies; that is our given right as Americans. What I do care about are the relentless attacks on his racial background, religious accusations, questioning his motivations regarding governing the United States and just the general willingness to spread lies.
The race card is being played by the left. That doesn't bother you? But the minute amount of attacks on Obamas racial background do? You keep adding credence to things that don't represent the majority of people dissatisfied with Obama.

Quote:
The scary part is that many on the Right and far Right actually do believe that President Obama plans to "destroy" America. And to this I ask....
Like I said. This is a media thing. Knowing the policies Obama backs have failed in the past is different than "wanting him to fail". And yes the right loves to implement their own policies that are no better. They just serve their side instead of your side.

Quote:
Where were all of these better candidates during the 2008 elections?

Why weren't any of these "better" people willing to take on the steep mountain of problems that America was facing under the failed administration of George W?

Why did these "better" leaders stand on the sideline if they truly felt that President Obama was a radical who would take America in the wrong direction?

Isn't really true that these same people who stood on the sideline actually did not have the guts to take on the problems created/expanded under Bush but knew that they could attack from the sidelines much easier than to actually be in position to create solutions?
Too many from both sides are loyal to their party instead of their constituents and the Constitution. I felt I had to point that out since you only mention one side. First they are against the Patriot Act then they are for it.
There were a few candidates who have stood up to Bushs and Obamas unconstitutional policies.
Maybe you can tell me why you backed Obama if you did. I have no idea why people backed McCain or Obama, except party loyalty.

Quote:
Why can the Republicans, Tea Partiers, Palin, Rush, Hannity, the Birthers, etc fantasize all sorts of demonic designs about President Obama's plot to destroy America (for $1 million dollars ), yet can not collectively use that same energy to come up with valid, practical solutions?
The fault lies within yourself. It is your inability to open your ears and eyes to the solutions. We already have a good path to the answers but people like yourself ignore it. It's called the Constitution.
The real problem is not "the other guys say mean things about us".

Old 04-19-2010, 08:53 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,817,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
You have to read between the lines. "Taking our country back" means white people taking it back from a black man. Also, the Teabaggers want to cut spending in vital services such as unemployment benefits and assisted living because they perceive poor lazy black people as leeching off their taxes.
Well , thats what i get for engaging such ignorance..........more of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies