Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 09:37 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
All spending and expenses of Govt and Business is ultimately paid for, by the public. What's your point?
So what is the point of the thread and the need to instill another tax on the public to create a fund which by your own admission would ultimately pay for by the public anyways?

All you did was discredit the need for the tax
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 09:39 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No, that would be the fund created by bank customers in new added fees..

So, you agree with me then. The money won't be coming from the fed, as claimed by Happy Texan.

It was a simple direct question. Why you're changing the subject to macroeconomics is puzzling. Why do you do that?

Old 04-18-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
So what is the point of the thread and the need to instill another tax on the public to create a fund which by your own admission would ultimately pay for by the public anyways?

All you did was discredit the need for the tax
And all you're doing - besides beating yourself silly with endless use of the "smack" smilie - is discrediting your knowledge of economics. You do a real good job of displaying blind partisanship, though.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post

So, you agree with me then. The money won't be coming from the fed, as claimed by Happy Texan.

It was a simple direct question. Why you're changing the subject to macroeconomics is puzzling. Why do you do that?
Why would I change the subject to macroeconomics? Actually I focused the subject on microeconomics.. The LOCAL bank customer would be PAYING the fee because the banks would be passing it onto INDIVIDUAL customers. That equates to micro, not macro economics.

I didnt change ANYTHING to macroeconomics, I posted THE TRUTH.. I'm sorry if you dont like hearing the truth..

Old 04-18-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
And all you're doing - besides beating yourself silly with endless use of the "smack" smilie - is discrediting your knowledge of economics. You do a real good job of displaying blind partisanship, though.
haha, thats funny... So now you dont think the banks will pass these fees onto their consumers. Tell me oh wise one, where will the money come from then?

Old 04-18-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Why would I change the subject to macroeconomics? Actually I focused the subject on microeconomics.. The LOCAL bank customer would be PAYING the fee because the banks would be passing it onto INDIVIDUAL customers. That equates to micro, not macro economics.

I didnt change ANYTHING to macroeconomics, I posted THE TRUTH.. I'm sorry if you dont like hearing the truth..
Hey, dude. All I asked was whether the fund will be created with tax money, as claimed by Happy Texan, or with money from the financial institutions themselves.

And no, you're incorrect. Microeconomics is the study of the behavior of individual institutions or individuals. Macroeconomics is the study of the economy as a whole. Passing costs to consumers is a general behavior that effects price, practiced by all institutions, therefore it is macro, not micro.

Need a Tylenol? Scratch that. Take a Percoset. You'll feel much better.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
haha, thats funny... So now you dont think the banks will pass these fees onto their consumers. Tell me oh wise one, where will the money come from then?
Wow! You either have poor reading skills or a vivid imagination. I said no such thing. Reality isn't as simplistic as you appear to think it is.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Hey, dude. All I asked was whether the fund will be created with tax money, as claimed by Happy Texan, or with money from the financial institutions themselves.
Hey dud, all I did was respond and say that the money would be created by fees passed from banks onto the consumer.. Whats your point? It will NOT be with money from the financial institutions themself, its similar to passing on a tax increase to people who use these banks.. Or are these banks only visited by individuals who earn $250K or more?
Quote:
And no, you're incorrect. Microeconomics is the study of the behavior of individual institutions or individuals. Macroeconomics is the study of the economy as a whole. Passing costs to consumers is a general behavior that effects price, practiced by all institutions, therefore it is macro, not micro.
And since thise fee only applies to the bigger banks, then it is a study of the behavior of the individual institutions. Where exactly do you think the money will come from? AGAIN? The INDIVIDUAL banks need to pass the fees onto INDIVIDUAL consumers.. The fee is targeted towards individual banks, not EVERYONE.. Its micro!!
Quote:
Wow! You either have poor reading skills or a vivid imagination. I said no such thing. Reality isn't as simplistic as you appear to think it is.
Then why are you arguing with me?

Old 04-18-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Hey dud, all I did was respond and say that the money would be created by fees passed from banks onto the consumer.. Whats your point? It will NOT be with money from the financial institutions themself, its similar to passing on a tax increase to people who use these banks.. Or are these banks only visited by individuals who earn $250K or more?

And since thise fee only applies to the bigger banks, then it is a study of the behavior of the individual institutions. Where exactly do you think the money will come from? AGAIN? The INDIVIDUAL banks need to pass the fees onto INDIVIDUAL consumers.. The fee is targeted towards individual banks, not EVERYONE.. Its micro!!

Then why are you arguing with me?
Jeeze. I'm done. I figure, as fast as you're digging, you'll soon be so deep I won't be able to hear you anyway. Have a nice day. I'm going on a wonderful desert ride, through a scenic canyon, visiting some beautiful small and historic Nevada towns. You have fun pretending to be a smart guy on the internet. Bye-bye.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:14 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

YouTube - GOP Leader Lies About Bank Reform Bill on CNN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies